September 30, 2014 | 1109 users online

Foundations - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Tan

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by marylopez82591

I had high expectations for this product after watching a review and demo on lovemelissamichelle's channel and another review on emilynoel's channel. They both claimed that this had great coverage, and i assumed its a powder so it would help out with the oiliness of my skin. Well lets say this did not help with oil and it has very little coverage. I literally feel like i am applying a really nice bronzer on my face. also the staying power is not that great, after just 3 hours of wear it disappears (maybe because i am oily).
* I've even tried to wear this layered on top of concealer which naturally didn't help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First of all, Balance N Brighten had been my "HG" foundation, until recently. When the "Regular" color started being called "Medium", more of the light tones seem to have been added to the mixture, making it too light and pale for my skin. However, Tan is really lovely. It has the perfect "golden" tones. Some of the colors in the mix are darker than my skin, some are lighter, but there are no pinks or greys to mute my coloring. Not that I bear the least resemblance to the gorgeous Jennifer Lopez, I can say this foundation gives me her amazing "glow". Applied in a sheer layer, this evens out my skin, brightens my look, and makes my facial skin color match my arms and shoulders. I can put more layers for a "bronzer" look as well. LOVE this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No