April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Essentials Eye Combo Limited Edition

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by twilightxstarx123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'll just split this up. This kit comes with:

E.L.F. Eyeliner Pen- This was AMAZING- for the 2 days I used it. It was smooth and dried quickly and didn't fade. And the brush wasn't scratchy or hard! But after just 2 days of use, the pens tip bent sideways and no product comes out anymore! Now all I have left is a dried up tip. So would not ever buy this again.

E.L.F. Defining and Lengthening Mascara- This is actually pretty decent. It does define a bit, but lenghtening, not so much. It is very black (which I like) and it makes your lashes look very long (which is great for my asian monolids). It smudges a little bit after more than 5 hours of wear, but I can handle that, so I think this is a great addition to the kit.

E.L.F. Shimmer Eye Pencil- I thought this would be crap, but it was actually okay. The shimmer is very faint, so when I use this as eyeliner, it has a faint gleam to it, which I think looks gorgeous! The color isn't an intense black, but it works fine on the upper lash line if you top it with a black eyeshadow. Also, the little sharpener in the cap is super cute and really handy!

Overall, since this is dirt cheap ($3) and you don't really have much to lose (other than the possibility of a dried of eyeliner pen), this kit is a good buy. However, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This set comes with mascara, shimmer pencil, and an eyeliner pen. The cap on the shimmer pencil is a sharpener, which works surprisingly well!

I'm not a giant fan of e.l.f.'s mascaras. They coat my lashes well, but they're far too wet, and take too long to dry. Not to mention washing it off is a pain. Not even EVOO takes it off well.

The shimmer pencil is nice, but I'd definitely wear a primer with it to prevent smudging since it's so creamy. The shimmer is subtle, but still noticeable without looking gaudy. Definitely great for holiday make-up and shimmery smokey eyes.

The eyeliner pen is pretty nice. I've had a problem with the pens not being well pigmented, but personally I like to use them as a guide. If I'm doing dramatic liner, I use the pen first to make myself a filled outline because I can get great precision with the thin tip. And if I mess up, it's an easy fix. So, the pen for me is a base for my eyeliner. And if it gets dry, I dip the tip in a drop of water, blot the excess, then it works perfectly.

Great gift for the price. Would make a wonderful present for any e.l.f. fan!