September 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Palettes - Laura Geller - Escape To the Tropics 7 Piece Color Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on easy pay so the value to me is wonderful. The foundation went on like a breeze, blush is beautiful, lip cream are just that dreamy, and never had such glowing eye shadows. The eye pencil is purple and it's not the purple that turn pink. For $54, it's the perfect kit and everything you need to look like you just came back from the beach.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: 2/2011...I just have to add more, to say that I am continually surprised by the number of people who literally stop me to ask about my lipstick color, or ask what kind of makeup I use on my skin...I'm talking total strangers. I'm also getting the, "There's no way you have a 16 year old...," comments, and, of course, they make me feel good! People don't HAVE to say nice things, but these comments can sure make someone's day! Since I'm well aware that I'm not getting younger, I haven't been on any tropical vacation, and, as a mother of three, I never get to relax, I credit this makeup for all the welcome compliments. Whether it's psychosomatic or not, I feel like I look younger, and radiant, when wearing these incredibly flattering, perfectly coordinated, beautiful colors. I hope many of you get to try this well-priced kit from QVC, because it can brighten your look and your day.

ORIGINAL: 12/2010. The "Tropics" color collection is a kit of coordinated makeup in balanced, unique colors, that creates a healthy, vibrant, stylish look. This Tropics kit is so above-and-beyond my hopes for it, I don't know where to begin. I knew I would love it, because I've already gone through several Tropics lipsticks and blushes, but I never imagined the whole kit could be as amazing as it is. I ordered the kit in "Tan", so it includes Balance N Brighten in Tan, Blush N Brighten in Tropic Hues, Dream Creams Lip Palette in Tropic Hues, Baked Eye Dreams in Sunset Horizon, and I-Care Waterproof eyeliner in Purple Paradise, and eye and lip brushes. Tan is gorgeous, and it works perfectly for foundation. Tropic Hues blush is a luminous, not glittery, peachy-pink brightener to top off the look of Balance N Brighten. The Dream Creams lip colors are so pretty - and they are all the types of colors to wear with a tan - nothing bold or heavy. I like the shade in the original "Tropics" best, and I wear it alone, or as a base for the other colors. The formula is incredibly comfortable, and moisturizing. The eyeshadows are a dream-come-true! I'm not very good with shadows, and I never find good colors, but each of these colors is magical. There's a creamy light warm pink-gold, a creamy peachy-pink, a darker warm gold, and a radiant bronze. These shadows apply with brush or sponge, and they feel like air. I've never seen prettier shadows. The I-Care pencil is really waterproof, and Purple Paradise is a warm, bronzey mauve that is great for bringing out color in my hazel/green eyes. This collection is not to be missed! In fact, I bought one in Fair for my mother, and she loves it as well. If a color coordinated Holy Grail can indeed be found, for me, this is it!