October 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection in Romance

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ihateu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lip Perfection by CoverGirl is far from perfection. It is the worst lip color I've ever used because it has a toxic taste. I've never gotten a bad taste in my mouth from lipstick. It tastes like a mouthful of perfume or hairspray. I tried to contact Procter & Gamble, but their Covergirl site wouldn't accept my password, Why the heck should I get a password just to issue a complaint? I digress...Never again, Covergirl, even though you are cheap, I've got to wonder what you're doing to my body. I can only imagine how your spokespersons, Ellen and Sophia would feel about the taste of this poison. This is not a comedic opportunity, even though I've got a bad taste in my mouth and I can't spit it out. PLEASE run away, far away from the Covergirl section. Perfection is a perfect mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LauraAsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very excited to get this lipstick, I had heard so many good things about covergirl lip products. I am not sure if I got a bad lip stick or if i am very sensitive to scents but mine smelled and tasted horrible! It was almost rancid it smelled that bad! The taste was a very chemical-ish plasticy kinda taste. Blech! I ended up throwing this one away. The color was a nice kinda nude pinkish brown that looked good on my lips, and the texture was good. Maybe I just got a bad one, because everyone else on here liked it. This has kinda turned me off to buying anymore lipsticks from covergirl! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm nc15, dark hair, brown eyes and love this color. It's a pretty browned pink on me (a slightly pinker version of Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle) and a lovely neutral - not nude though. I add a slick of pinky gloss when I want to brighten it, clear gloss if I just want a bit more shine.

The formula does not go on as cleanly as I would like, it looks dry and unattractive initially. But after about ten minutes (as a previous reviewer mentioned) it does seem to settle into your lips and gives an attractive satiny color that lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dinaelsaidy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

first time for me to try nude matt colours so I picked this randomly at my local drug store. |I loved the natural look this colour give me. it just look so clean and natural. it doesn't dry lips at all unlike most matt lipsticks. I love this product and i will definitely repurchase it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this by mistake - I ordered a different shade and they sent me this one. I decided to keep it and give it a chance, though. At first I didn't like it at all: The smell and texture to me was that of a very old fashioned lip stick, the old-lady smell I remember from playing with hideous and outdated makeup when I was little, and the drying feeling of clumpy color on my lips. And the color was equally dowdy, brown/purple and artificial looking and shiny in a bad way. I hated it.

But then it seemed to settle an oxidize, and the color seemed to melt into my lips and became a very subtle, pretty nude just slightly richer than my own lips. The drying feel went away, the creases and clump melted, and I suddenly started to fall in love with it. Even the smell suddenly made me feel like a sophisticated lady, rather than a little girl covered in blue eye shadow and brown lipstick.

Now I really like it. I give it a single quick swipe, blot lightly, pat a bit of night cream on top to keep it creamy and smooth, and it looks lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

N20 here-I bought this hoping it'd be a decent dupe for Chanel Beige Felin, since I have a hard time spending so much on a lipstick. This product pulls a sort of purple hue on me-its not cute. The formula is OK....definitely does not feel very luxe. Appears to have a metallic finish-its kind of 80s looking, really. For $7, I guess I can take the fall but next time ill opt for the real deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a gorgeous color for the fall, I love it so much! I put this on around 8 am and it lasted on my lips until about 3pm, that was through breakfast, tennis, and lunch as well! I'm probably going to get the color rush too! Temptalia has some nice swatches of the this color if you are unsure ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color is really pretty - as others have described, it is a wearable, muted, mauvy/pink nude. It reminds me a lot of MAC Creme de la Femme in both color and finish, since Romance also has a bit of a frost sheen. I took off two lippies for the formula, however, which felt greasy and thin on my lips. My lips also look a bit dry with this on, as they do with any lipstick that leans frosty (even MAC). I don't think I'd repurchase or try out another color from the CG line. Revlon is more opaque and creamier - it's the best DS formula that I've tried. I also think those that like the color of Romance would like Too Faced Centerfold, which is a similar shade with a superior consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd been eye-balling these lipsticks on my last few trips to Walmart, but the color selection just looked like one big blur to me. I finally took time to look at the subtleties in each shade today and I chose this one. I'm so glad I did because I finally think I've found a replacement for my FAVORITE lipstick, L'Oreal's Taffeta (RIP) --- this is a pretty mauve-y nude and looks great with my very pale skin and blue eyes. The vanilla scent is great, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MunsterGhoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beatiful Color! these lipstick's are very comfortable to wear. The packaging is really nice.I have fair skin and this really goes well with my skin tone I love it <3