December 19, 2014 | 1768 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - CustomEyes Shadow Liner Palette - Naturally Glamorous

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this "nude" palette, which is small, portable, and has a pretty quilted pattern imbedded into the powder. You can achieve a daytime neutral eye, or a deep smokey eye. The darkest shade can be used a liner. Because there are 5 shades, you can create a variety of looks and combinations. The golden browns really looks nice for blue eyes and make them pop! I also really love the beige highlight, which isn't as bright as the typical whites. The shadows are silky and richly pigmented and resist fading/creasing. Good palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A lot of people have already reviewed this, so I'll just tell what I like about this eyeshadow quint. It's small and portable, but you get enough product to last a long time. The package makes the eyeshadows look like a painting in a frame. The sponge applicator works fine, which is good if you're carrying this around with you and don't have the time or space to deal with brushes. The quality of the eyeshadows is good; they go on smoothly, are sufficiently pigmented, and last well (I use a primer most of the time). You can't go wrong with these neutral shades. You can do a number of looks with these shadows, from daytime natural to evening glamour. Finally, the price is great--especially when my grocery store has coupons for dollars off Revlon, which it frequently does. This may not be the most exciting looking eyeshadow set around, but it's much more user-friendly than some of the higher-end things I own. If I didn't already have too much eyeshadow, I would definitely buy a backup of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by katherinology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these shades!
This is my favorite eye shadow/liner palette for travelling. It comes in compact box that contains 4 colors of eye shadow and 1 pan of eyeliner. The box is very light and applicator is provided (even though I don't use them at all). It's easy to pack and doesn't take up too much space in your makeup case.
The box also comes with directions of use, which shade should be applied where. I usually 3 shades instead of all four provided by the box. It gives beautiful nude-brown colors to my eyelids, which I really like for both daytime and night. I don't really like the liner pan, because I prefer using pencil liners than powdery ones.
The colors, all of them, are easy to apply and nicely pigmented. I usually use this shadow after primer (I use NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer or NYX Pearl Eyeshadow Base, never use shadow without them), the colors show up a little more and stay put for about 6 hours in normal conditions. The staying power might be less if you go out and sweat too much, as this product isn't waterproof. It is also easy to remove without makeup remover, but please do clean up the colors with one particularly in creases, because after a day of wearing them, it settles to the lines up there (kinda itchy, as well).
Repurchase? Yes. I already purchased the Smokey Sexy set, it's a bunch of blues and dark grey powder liner. Both are amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently came back to this after VS had pulled a dirty trick on me. Eye Contact had become my HG neutral every day eyeshadow quad, went to re-buy last month and discovered they kept the name but totally changed all the colors, and, quite frankly the quality went down too! So,just when I thought I had my daily makeup colors nailed down,now it's all up in the air again! I'm a girl who likes her makeup staples, I tried out Wet'n'Wild's Comfort Zone palette but it's too gold-y for me, my pasty self needs more warmth in browns. I had been Googling reviews and as I was digging through my makeup stashes and re-discovered this lovely. Has all the browns you could want plus a nice black too for more dramatic looks. Staying power is great and it really doesn't crease. Nice, lady-like shimmer and the colors are rich. I'm sure I cast it aside because I thought there had to be something better, but I'm glad I didn't throw it out altogether. I was worried Revlon had discontinued it since they keep upping their product launches in eyeshadows and this palette seems caught between the present and the past but it's still current per their website and I still see it in drugstores. Here's hoping it hangs in there, it contains one of the best eyeshadow formulations Revlon has ever made. A total gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by priyaarora

it can be used without a primer and it lasts without any problem ! great eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

Been using this almost daily for a few weeks now! That's how much I love this palette.

This palette of colours can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion you're using it for. Just use the darker, richer colours for more formal occasions and the lighter colours for informal stuff. I love that it comes with black as well because I use it to line my lids after the eyeshadow and it works just as well as eyeliner, with no smudging onto the lower lids!

For people who complain that the Revlon eyeshadows are unpigmented, here's a trick for you: wet your eyeshadow brush with water before applying eyeshadow. not so much that its soaking wet but just a little to make it damp. this really makes your eyeshadow colour pop and last much longer. Its best if you use an eye primer as well if you want the colours to stay well throughout the day.

Application-wise, I usually use an eyeshadow brush but I had to use the little sponges once when I was out and it went on fine as well. Not as precise as with the brush, but I managed to get the effect I wanted.

This was a little expensive in SG (but then almost everything is expensive here) but well worth the money.

Another great buy from Revlon!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by aurora0917

For the $7 price tag of this palette at a drug store, I would purchase this again. It contains a nice family of warm/rusty/shimmery colors ranging from light to dark. These shadows worked wonderfully with my skin tone. There is quite a bit of glitter fallout, but the pigmentation isn't bad. It comes in a sleek, black case and a 2-sided sponge applicator. For beauty on a budget, this isn't a bad investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

This was overall a very very successful product of mine! it was very cheap but in a very good quality and packaging so i was overall very impressed! the shadows are very pigmented like the NAKED PALETTE, so i totally fell in love with it. the only downside is the brush! the tip should be quite stiff, but its very soft so it is kind of hard to apply!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This quint is just one of many drugstore shimmery brown palettes I have purchased (Maybelline's Chai Latte and Copper Chic are very similar). Revlons quint has 5 shadows, but to be honest, the two darker brown shades look incredibly similar.

I like the amount of shimmer, and how soft the shadows are, but they are not pigmented. These shadows have the same problems as Maybelline's Copper Chic quad, meaning, like some other reviewers have noted, too much shadow comes off on the brush, so it's hard to use these without smearing them all over your eye. But the compensation factor is that once you begin to blend, the pigmentation disappears : ( Especially the charcoal shade in this palette.

Not worth it, in my opinion, especially if you have another drugstore shimmer brown quad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

These are a great palette of muted bronzey metallics which work well individually (the darker shades) over smudged black pencil or used exactly as shown as per diagram on the back of package a great neutral wearable smokey day eye incorporating the black-brown liner and pearly off-white brow tones. A complete eye look in one package just add your black liner and mascara.There are dupes of Revlons Sienna perle shadow and Mac Bronze/Patina in this kit. I have hazel/olive eyes and these shades just work so well against my coloring.They apply very smoothly buttery soft and just metallic enough without being overly glittery or frosty.