Oilatum Natural Face Repair Cream

4.2

Aqua, olea europeae, glycerin, pentylene glycol, palm glycerides, olus (Vegetable Oil), oleic triglycerides, hydrogenated lecithin, squalane, betaine, palmitamide MEA, acetamide MEA, sarcosine, hydroxyethlcellulose, sodium carbomer, carbomer, xanthan gum

on 4/29/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is such an amazing product and it's been my nighttime moisturizer for almost 3 years. It contains really good non-irritant ingredients and it really does feel like it's plumping and hydrating my skin. However I think it's been discontinued as they don't seem to be selling it anywhere anymore. Which is really sad as I never got to stock up and this is such a cheap good quality product. It will be hard to find a replacement.

on 10/20/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This stuff saved my poor allergy ravaged dried out face! Extremely moisturising and rehydrating, it mended a lot of the damage from the contact dermatitis caused by neem oil, felt like a big cool glass of water and helped where no other moisturiser could. Once my face was back to normal, however, it clogged my pores like crazy. Such a shame as it is otherwise totally amazing. I used it around my eyes for a while whilst they still felt dried out from allergies but now it will have to sit in the (skin related) first aid cupbord.

Incidentally it was very difficult to get hold of - had to pay an extra 3 to get it from ebay. Maybe they've discontinued it or perhaps it was a hiccup in supplies.

on 10/4/2014 4:13:00 PM

I love this moisturizer! I am sensitive to a lot of common moisturizer ingredients, but this one does not irritate my skin or break me out! It is very moisturizing and helped my dehydrated skin return to normal. It can be a little greasy/thick feeling if you apply too much; applying to wet skin helps offset this.

on 4/22/2014 5:14:00 PM

Great no frills and no fuss moisturiser. I always go back to it when my skin is feeling dry or sensitive. If you suffer from oil at all though I don't recommend it under makeup.

on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this moisturiser on and off as a night cream for about a year. It is a thick, highly moisturising cream which is great for dry and very dry skin. I do like the product for helping with my dry patches but I'm not sure it is worth the breakouts I get and the fact that it doesn't seem to work under make up.

Pros
Very moisturising
No strong scent
Very affordable

Cons
Too heavy for use in the day as it makes skin look greasy
Makes foundation patchy and rub off easily, it also makes mascara rub off on to your skin
Too rich for my skin, makes me break out (a few white headed spots each time I use the product)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A good intensive moisturiser, even if it does leave my face a little greasy (which is the only reason I have left off a lippy).

This cream is a dream. Heals my yucky dry patches overnight, doesn't aggravate existing acne or cause new breakouts despite how heavy it is.

Price is fairly high here in the UK, but well worth it. Have tried many moisturisers and none have given me the results of Oilatum with the added bonus of not sucking for my acne prone skin.

Like I said in my opening sentence, I don't really like wearing this moisturiser under makeup unless I have a couple of hours to let it sink in properly. If i'm in a rush or short on time I prefer something a little lighter.

on 1/27/2014 6:55:00 AM

I needed a new moisturizer as my skin started getting really dry so I picked this up. This cream is so-so for me, it works well but it also broke me out with rather large pimples. It also takes awhile to absorb into my skin which can turn into a problem as I'm usually always in a rush; If I don't let it sit and absorb for a good ten minutes or so then I end up with sticky/dewy skin after I apply my foundation. So since my breakouts I've been using it sparingly and only in my driest areas, and luckily my breakouts haven't returned since. Overall, it's a fairly good product, but I would only recommend it be used for really dry/flaky skin areas.

Yay! I think I've found the gentle, hydrating face cream I was looking for, for days when I'm EXTREMELY dry. It is absorbed easily and gives the face a healthy sheen and not the totally matte finish I like to avoid. For those who say it's too thick, makes their face super oily or feels like a night cream - I wonder if you're using too much or if you actually need a cream this rich? I have the world's oiliest t-zone and it doesn't look much oilier with this cream than other creams for very dry skin that I've used, it does not sit on my skin and it's not in the slightest bit thick for a cream. My powder needs touching up every few hours but that's normal for me. If overall oiliness is a big issue, you would surely be better using a lotion rather than a cream? Just an observation. You only need a half a pea size amount, if that, for your face and neck. The packaging is very basic - this cream is an absolute steal - but it does what it's supposed to without breaking out my problematic skin so long as I don't use too much, so I'm pleased. I also like the fact I don't always need a primer over it, which will save me time in the mornings. No SPF which I'm fine with as I can use my SPF milk under it if I need it. UPDATE: still loving this cream; as long as my skin is out of sorts and confused (rosacea, acne, dryness, oiliness etc.) I'll keep using it on my driest days and nights. But it has competition - Eucerin Replenishing Lotion with Urea and Eucerin Aquaporin Light. They're all ideal for very dry and/or hyper-sensitive skin but the Replenishing Lotion is a little less nourishing though very comforting but because it's very light I layer it over facial oil. The Aquaporin Light is a great all-rounder and for me, best of the three under make-up.

on 12/12/2013 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't think there's much to say about this product. It's quite a thick cream and very moisturizing that doesn't contain any spectacular ingredients. It is great for dry and flaky skin, yet didn't clog my pores and didn't cause any breakouts. I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/6/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This cream is great, it's inexpensive and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. It moisturises amazingly and I can't really think of any faults to it other than if you have oily skin, I don't know if I'd recommend it being it's more targeted towards people with dry skin so it may not work for you. It's really inexpensive as well and works just as good as some of my more expensive face creams, as a matter of fact, this has been a favourite of mine for quite a long time now.

Popular Moisturizers