August 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Moisturizers - Oilatum Natural Face Repair Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great no frills and no fuss moisturiser. I always go back to it when my skin is feeling dry or sensitive. If you suffer from oil at all though I don't recommend it under makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Gialia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this moisturiser on and off as a night cream for about a year. It is a thick, highly moisturising cream which is great for dry and very dry skin. I do like the product for helping with my dry patches but I'm not sure it is worth the breakouts I get and the fact that it doesn't seem to work under make up.

Pros
Very moisturising
No strong scent
Very affordable

Cons
Too heavy for use in the day as it makes skin look greasy
Makes foundation patchy and rub off easily, it also makes mascara rub off on to your skin
Too rich for my skin, makes me break out (a few white headed spots each time I use the product)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A good intensive moisturiser, even if it does leave my face a little greasy (which is the only reason I have left off a lippy).

This cream is a dream. Heals my yucky dry patches overnight, doesn't aggravate existing acne or cause new breakouts despite how heavy it is.

Price is fairly high here in the UK, but well worth it. Have tried many moisturisers and none have given me the results of Oilatum with the added bonus of not sucking for my acne prone skin.

Like I said in my opening sentence, I don't really like wearing this moisturiser under makeup unless I have a couple of hours to let it sink in properly. If i'm in a rush or short on time I prefer something a little lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

I needed a new moisturizer as my skin started getting really dry so I picked this up. This cream is so-so for me, it works well but it also broke me out with rather large pimples. It also takes awhile to absorb into my skin which can turn into a problem as I'm usually always in a rush; If I don't let it sit and absorb for a good ten minutes or so then I end up with sticky/dewy skin after I apply my foundation. So since my breakouts I've been using it sparingly and only in my driest areas, and luckily my breakouts haven't returned since. Overall, it's a fairly good product, but I would only recommend it be used for really dry/flaky skin areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Yay! I think I've found the gentle, hydrating face cream I was looking for, for days when I'm particularly dry. It is absorbed easily and gives the face a very slight, healthy sheen and not the totally matte finish I like to avoid. For those who say it's too thick, makes their face super oily or feels like a night cream - I wonder if you're using too much? I have the world's oiliest t-zone and it doesn't look any oilier with this cream than many other creams for dry skin that I've used, it does not sit on my skin and it's not in the slightest bit thick for a cream. My powder needs touching up after a few hours but that's normal for me. If overall oiliness is a big issue, you would surely be better using a lotion rather than a cream? Plus the Oilatum range is for DRY skin after all! Just an observation. You only need a half a pea size amount, if that, for your face and neck. The packaging is very basic - this cream is an absolute steal - but it does what it's supposed to without breaking out my slightly problematic skin, so I'm pleased. I also like the fact I don't always need a primer over it, which will save me time in the mornings. No SPF which I'm fine with as I can use my SPF milk or BB cream over it. Along with my Cerave PM lotion, HG stuff! UPDATE: still loving this cream; as long as my skin is out of sorts and confused (rosacea, acne, dryness, oiliness etc.) I'll keep using it as I find it mixes well with my propolis gel, salicylic acid lotion and retinol cream to keep my skin looking fairly decent and well-moisturised without irritation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think there's much to say about this product. It's quite a thick cream and very moisturizing that doesn't contain any spectacular ingredients. It is great for dry and flaky skin, yet didn't clog my pores and didn't cause any breakouts. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by YoshiAna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cream is great, it's inexpensive and doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. It moisturises amazingly and I can't really think of any faults to it other than if you have oily skin, I don't know if I'd recommend it being it's more targeted towards people with dry skin so it may not work for you. It's really inexpensive as well and works just as good as some of my more expensive face creams, as a matter of fact, this has been a favourite of mine for quite a long time now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Rushanara

This cream is AMAZING! Without this cream my life would be so miserable. I have the most sensitive skin known to man kind, I have eczema here and there and it reacts to almost everything. I have tried a ridiculous number of creams which have all reacted to my skin. Most face creams I cannot use consistently especially if my skin takes a turn for the worst (which is the whole point of wanting to use a moisturiser) as they react immediately leaving me with thriving red, sore, itchy and eventually flakey and patchy skin. Last winter I was almost in tears because nothing would work on my skin, I developed patches on my face which were spreading from my eyelids to my cheeks and as much as I resisted I had to turn to using steroid ointments again. This saddened me deeply because I am young and for up to 20 years of my life i had been using steroid ointments to control eczema and as you know the negative effects of such products such as skin thinning (leading to early wrinkles) is something no person wants (especially not whilst young). Well the steroid ointments were not as effective and took longer then I wanted to have any effect on my face.

As someone who likes to explore with make up I was being forced to give up on makeup which wasn't something I wanted but putting makeup on to my damaged skin caused very stressful and irritating skin problems.

I somehow came across a review, a blog about this Oilatum cream and how it was a life savior. I did some research and read how it cleared up red patches and flakey skin. I was fortunate enough to find this at my local boots. The first time I applied this I was amazed at the texture...it wasn't greasy, it was thick but in a light way and it did not feel heavy on me. I was amazed at how long the moisture lasted ... it was as if half of the layer sank in to my skin and the other half created a moisturising film on my skin. After two days use my redness had gone, there were no signs of patchy itchy skin. And most importantly it did not react with my skin, there was no burning or stinging. My eczema had gone from my eyelids, my cheeks and face!

I was so grateful to have found this product. I've tried it underneath make up and it is a must have for me. I cannot wear makeup without this product because not only does it help smooth out my make up but it provides this great moisturising film so that the makeup doesn't come in to much contact with my skin...this prevents my skin from reacting to the harsh chemical in makeup (lets face it makeup isn't exactly healthy for our skin) and better yet my skin is moisturised. Other moisturisers i've tried using this way have reacted with my makeup and then with my skin, irritating my skin deeply.

I do wish the cream came in a 100ml tub but it is a reasonable price compared to other creams which don't do much for me. I would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I find this just OK. It is too heavy for me for day wear (looks shiny) and yet after a night time application I can still wake up with dry patches on my cheeks which is a bit disappointing.

Results wise it is comparable to Nivea Soft for me and twice the price.

On the plus side it rates well on cosDNA for no acne causing/irritating ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by TanniMH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My all time favourite moisturiser!!! I LOVE IT! Have brought countless bottles and will continue to do so keeps my dry skin very hydrated! Only down side is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to and some times i buy 2 bottles as for some reason (maybe because its so popular) its not always in stock in boots or superdrugs, just so I don't run out! :D