August 28, 2014 | 1068 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto Sequins

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with the two other reviews. There is no glitter, sequin or shimmer effect. Also, it was on sale for $2.99 and I should have realized there was a reason they were clearing it out. It was old, and it was nearly dried up. And the brush is huge and awkwardly shaped- long, fat with a tapered tip - so that it is hazardous to use. I had used the original Lash Stiletto and it was not this bad. But in general the stiletto name and the high heel logo they use is meaningless. Almost any mascara is better than this product in any of its modes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because of the "shimmering sequins" part too, thinking to wear it on NYE for a sparkly look. However, I don't notice any shimmer whatsoever (then again I haven't been in direct sunlight or a brightly lit area while wearing it to tell, so perhaps that's why). Despite that, this does give me nice definition and length as a regular mascara, and doesn't seem to smudge or flake like most non-wp formulas, didn't seem to pull out my curl, and was extremely easy to remove. I guess this alone deserves a few lippies as the only non-wp mascara I've liked well enough to keep, perhaps for times I may not want a high-volume look. This is unlikely, but it could happen I suppose... I'm going to layer it with my usual volume mascara and see how that looks and continue to look for those promised sequins, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I like regular Lash Stiletto, so when I saw this Sequins-version (this is NOT the Voluptuous one that others rated), I thought it would be something nice to wear for the holidays. It said on the package that it would make your lashes "dazzling," you know, like sequins. What a load of horse poop! This doesn't dazzle at all-- it just gives me little black clumps on my lashes that I have to pick-off before they land on my face- or even worse- in my eyes. What a stupid product by Maybelline! Don't claim that your mascara does something when it absolutely does NOT. For the false claims and the pathetic performance of this mascara, I have rated this accordingly. Needless to say, I will NEVER repurchase.