July 26, 2014 | 1510 users online

Treatments - California Mango - Mango Miracle Cuticle Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Nice mango scent. Softens my cuticles so they push back easily.

CONS: It does not actually probably have any agents that would remove the cuticle, but softening enough so I can push them back easier. Not readily found in every store (I get mine at Sally's Beauty Supply).

ALTERNATES: Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover Gel doesn't smell as good but is more of a "remover." But it comes out of the tube very quickly. I really like Be Natural Cuticle Eliminator, which I get at places like Sally Beauty. It works well and has a built-in dropper that makes application easy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I would call this a cuticle softener. Like others have written, I don't consider this to be an actual cuticle remover because it doesn't have any ingredients that would do that, just lots of moisturizing ingredients that soften the cuticle so it can be pushed back. I bought it because it was inexpensive and it didn't come in the giant bottle that Blue Cross comes in. If I were to buy a cuticle remover again, I wouldn't buy this one. This isn't a bad product, but it's not a cuticle remover, so I gave it three lippies for that reason. I do like how the bottle lets you put the product onto your nails drop by drop. I wish this was more thick, though, because it runs off the nail pretty quickly if you're not careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by dangyebbie

I bought California Mango's Mango Miracle Cuticle Remover at Sally Beauty Supply. This is my first time using a cuticle remover/softener, so I don't have much to compare this product with. I would say it did a fairly good job of softening my cuticles. My one caveat is that it identifies itself as a cuticle remover and not a cuticle softener/conditioner, which I think would actually be a more accurate label given that it doesn't have any exfoliating agents like AHAs, BHAs, or potassium hydroxide. I would probably purchase this again, once I try some other brands. FYI, the fluid is a little bit on the runny side; it's milky, but not in a bad way since you're using so little. Also, the scent is somewhat pleasant & rather strong, though definitely not reminiscent of mangoes. It smells vaguely familiar to me, maybe like some complimentary hotel hand lotions?

Pros: The price is right at just a few dollars. The bottle with an eye dropper type dispenser makes application easy. Nourishing ingredients like sodium PCA, jojoba oil, sea kelp, glycerin, vitamin C, & aloe vera. Cruelty free, vegan, eco-friendly, & paraben free!

Cons: Doesn't actually abrade cuticle skin as the name suggests.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You'd think that an effective cuticle remover should have AHA's or something in them. Not so with California Mango's. It's inexpensive, vegan, and makes cuticle care a breeze. I honestly didn't expect it to be that effective but it is and it's significantly less expensive than say, Poshe's or any other salon brand. A real plus is that you don't need a great deal to get the job done. One bottle should last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not going to lie: I chose this one because it was the cheapest at Sally's. But fortunately, it does the job. The directions say to let stand for 1 minute but I start pushing back my cuticles right away and it works fine. No nasty odor. And one 1 fl oz bottle will last a long time. The squeeze bottle is very convenient. I haven't tried any other cuticle remover so I can't say it's better/worse than any other, but this one is effective (and cheap) so I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by RachelMarieNails

I've only used this once and it turned my cuticles bright RED. I'll stick to my usual cuticle removers, OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment and CND Cuticle Eraser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sally's today and I'm really impressed! It really softens your cuticles so cutting is easy. Very moisturizing too! The smell is wonderful but not overpowering. The 1oz bottle will last a LONG time since it only takes a drop per cuticle. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

This is probably my favorite cuticle remover I've used thus far. It smells amazing and does a great job at softening my cuticles so I can push them back. Only a very tiny amount is needed so I think my .5 fl.oz. bottle will last quite a while. I would definitely consider repurchasing.