September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 1 1/4 inch Instant Heat Styling Iron

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Hannyliz

Didn't heat up enough and made my hair frizzy. Mind you, I have thick already curly hair, so this is just to smooth it out into waves. I do have a Remington curler that gets PLENTY hot for my hair. This may work fine for straighter hair (my straight haired sister likes it) but I'm not a fan

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by whisper

Awesome curling iron!!! I just scored this puppy for a mere $7.99 at Marcs (which is a local discount store here in OH) and it works phenomenally. The sticker price was actually $9.99 but the packaging had one of those 'Save $2 NOW' instant coupon sticker things attached to the outside – BONUS! So anyway, about the iron: I am super impressed. Have to be honest, I wasn't expecting miracles for the price and all, but I was pleasantly surprised! Heats up really fast, I'm talking a little less than a minute for full-on HOTNESS, and it gives my thick, long hair these large, beautifully 'relaxed' curls. I love this thing, seriously. Since getting it, I've been wearing my hair curled the majority of the time, haha. I guess I want to wear my hair this way while I still can, because once summer hits, w/the heat and humidity, god knows I won't be heat-styling my hair to save my life. So I might as well enjoy it while I've still got a couple of months...Oh! It has an auto shut-off, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeas123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes! this curling iron is worth a try.
i love how i never accidently turn the iron off by pressing the buttons, and i have naturally straight hair that curls when the iron is in the 15th heat level. the iron comes with 30 settings, so im glad that the curling iron can actually heat up. I love this curling iron and how it gives me waves!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by TookumsGirl

My only complaint about this curling iron is the new design. WHERE is the little metal bracket stand that held the curling iron UP? Lol. They don't put the little metal stand on the curling iron anymore, so now the curling iron just falls and rests on things and burns them. Lol. Anyone else notice that they don't put the metal stand on them anymore?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the 1 1/2 inch instant heat curling iron. I couldn't find a listing for it so I am putting my review here. I like it so much I am going to buy the 1 1/4 as well. It was inexpensive, 16.99 at ULTA and it comes with a heat barrel thing to put it in when its hot. I like the fact that it has a permanent plastic stand instead of those metal ones that don't usually work. I love where the temperature setting is and the on off switch. My hands never turn it off there's more than enough room for me to curl my hair with out hitting them. It really worked well my curls lasted and looked cute all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Conair Instant Heat Curling irons in 2 of the larger sizes. I'm glad to see all of the positive reviews because I've had mine for quite awhile and they work great for me. I have past the shoulder length hair and use these instead of hot rollers to get a curl that isn't quite as tight as my hot rollers - more bouncy. They heat up quick - one of mine has a blinking light that goes to a solid light in about a minute after it's hot. Both have adjustable heat settings that pivots around the barrel, from 1-25. I haven't had trouble with them being hot or getting my hair around the barrel as the last reviewer mentioned.

The *best* thing about these for me, is that they are auto shutoff after an hour - a must for me. All curling irons should be. As hard as I try, I know I forget to turn them off once in awhile. I paid around $15 for these at Target. So far, like most Conair products it looks like they will last forever, so I may never need to buy one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lzingzang

love this curling iron! it heats up super fast, very hot, and holds the waves on my thick, super straight asian hair. I purchased this for $6.99 at Big Lots. I originally purchased a Hot Tools curling iron online for around $40, but the barrel size was too big, so rather than order another one online, I purchased this and it's just as good! This size is perfect too b/c creates waves, and gives it body, rather than curls.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 4:54:00 AM More reviews by mommedawne

Love, love, love this iron! If I could have only one tool to style my hair, this would be it. I lucked out and found mine at Big Lots for $7 a couple of weeks ago and I don't know how I lived without it! My hair is wavy, just below my shoulders and layered. This thing gives me the biggest, bounciest curls I have ever had and my hair is loaded with shine! I have been air drying and then spending 5 minutes to curl. It's so fast to style my hair, the barrel size is pefect and my end result looks natural but "dressed". Big thumbs up here!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 7:47:00 PM More reviews by likestofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite straightening iron. whereas my old iron used to fry my hair just a bit, this iron doesn't fry at all. and its at a good price. good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Krista34

The BEST curling iron on the market!!! I have long hair (down to my waist)colour treated, more fine straight hair. This heats up so fast and has settings from 1 to 25. 25 is hot but perfect cause I dont want to sit there all day curling my hair. It has never damaged my hair and I have used this brand for at least 8 years. The price is right! I paid 16 CDN at shoppers on sale the other day.