The All Natural Face $4 sample kit

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is the best-value sample kit I've ever seen. You get a ton of samples so you can try everything that might remotely match you. I think even if you don't like the foundation, it it is a great starting point because you can narrow down the kinds of undertones and colors that work for you without making a big investment. For me this was important because while the shade I thought would work best for me (Porcelain Rose) would have been okay, a shade I never would have tried looks like it might be a better choice.

The Great
- You get over 20 samples in clearly labeled ziploc baggies so you can play with shades and easily reseal to use later.
- The foundation itself is pretty nice. I was mainly getting samples to find a color I could use in the cream, but I like this enough that I'm going to get a jar of the powder. It's pretty matte, which I normally hate, but not unnaturally so if you use a damp brush/ sponge or mist your face you can get a nice finish that does not look powdery.
- The price is fantastic. For a dollar more you can even get the same kit with a mini kabuki.
- I know people have had issues with turnover, but I got mine super fast. I ordered on a Monday, it shipped the next day, and it arrived in Friday's mail with regular shipping (I am on the East Coast).

The Not So Great
- Whoever filled the sample baggies was very inconsistent. I got a ton of product in some and not in others. Unfortunately two of my top shade possibilities (Dark Tan Warm and Tan Warm) had very little product, so I have to be really careful to make the most of it and not play as much as I'd like.
- The names of the shades are bananas. The shade that is probably going to be the one I choose is Dark Tan Warm. It is neither dark nor especially tan nor really warm. It's a very light pinky nude shade. I'm not ghost white, but I'm very fair and on the cooler end of neutral with a lot of pink in my skin and some redness issues. If I hadn't gotten the samples, I would never have tried a shade with that name.
- There seems to be a big jump between the #2 and #3 shades, so you might need to do some blending in the light range because they seem to jump from fair to medium/light. The #2s are just a tad darker than the #1s, but the 3#s are quite a bit darker than the #2s in the shades I tried. Like in Dark Tan Medium, the warm (#2) is close to my skin tone, and I could probably make the #1 , Dark Tan Pale, work if I had to. When I swatched the #3, it looked like a bruise on my skin it was so dark.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

lol I said "no" to buying this again because it's a one-time thing, really, but I think having this sample kit is the best idea ever! I got 25 foundation samples for only $4! the site says "approximately 20" but I got more, hehe. each sample contains a very small amount, but it's enough to at least swatch a couple of times. the kit is available in both Pale to Medium and Medium to Dark. of course, I got the Pale to Medium kit, which includes the following shades in the following categories:

Porcelain: Porcelain Goddess, Porcelain Rose, Ivory Rose, Ivory Goddess, Honey Ivory Rose
Neutral: Porcelain Kissed by Honey, Almond Goddess, True Beige, Honey Kissed
Light Beige: Light Beige Pale, Light Beige Warm, Light Beige Warmer, Light Beige Warmest
Medium Beige: Medium Beige Pale, Medium Beige Warm, Medium Beige Warmer, Medium Beige Warmest
Tan: Tan Pale, Tan Warm, Tan Warmer, Tan Warmest
Dark Tan: Dark Tan Pale, Dark Tan Warm, Dark Tan Warmer, Dark Tan Warmest

at first the category names were very confusing to me, but fortunately the kit provides you with so many samples that you get to see the color differences for yourself. the porcelain shades are VERY pink, while the Neutral ones seem to have yellow undertones yet still have enough pink/brown to be considered neutral (I use the shade Porcelain Kissed by Honey, in the Neutral category). Light Beige also has yellow undertones (Light Beige Warm was a very good match for me too but was a tiny bit too yellow), with Medium Beige a bit more neutral. Tan has quite a bit of pink in it, with Dark Tan even more so. the Olive category is not included with this kit, so if you have olive skin you'll need to order those samples separately for 35 each. sadly, I had to take off one lippie because the kit does not tell you what exact shades are in the set, which would have been nice :(

as for the customer service, the owner, Crystal, is very nice and includes samples in every order! I've tried a few other products from The All Natural Face and this company definitely will be having my business ;D