April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Mascara - Marcelle - Power Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Canadianadia

This is another 2-for-1 purchase I made at Winners some time ago for $4.99. Although the mascara itself isn't good enough to gain holy grail status, if I could always get it at this price I would but it again and again. I had a minor mishap with one of my tubes and when I was closing it, a piece of the cap broke off, and for sanitary reasons I had to toss this mascara a little sooner than I would have liked. I didn't have this problem with my second tube, so hopefully this was just an anomaly or a user error.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara...amazing price! I bought the 2-for-1 just to try it out. My short lashes look super long and dark. Ir doesn't smudge or flake at all. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

There is nothing remarquable about this masquara. I bought is because it was availible in Navy Blue. It is a little clumpy, but otherwise descent. If you are used to drugstore mascaras, you might like it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this Power Volume on a 20% off sale in Black. The packaging is very simple, all black with "Marcelle" written in silver. I have very straight, long lashes and use an eye lash curler before every application and I need something that holds a curl and creates dark lashes with volume without clumps or flakes.It's hypo-allergenic, perfume free and does not irritate my eyes which is great. This mascara does give me the look I desire and it darkens my lashes.
BUT, my complaint is after a few hours the curl no longer holds -- I literally had one lash slightly curved and the other lash uncurled completely...it was embarrassing. But It's a decent mascara I'm all for supporting Canadian brands (based in Montreal), I will continue to use it and perhaps change my technique to for the curl to last all day, but may not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in black and I love how dark it is. It's a mascara that will give you a dramatic look, holds a curl very well, and I do like the look it gives me, but I can't deal with needing to use an eyelash comb. When I use it it's just a globby clumpy mess. I think I can find other mascaras that look good and are easier to apply.