November 22, 2014 | 1400 users online

Mascara - Marcelle - Power Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All of Marcelle's mascaras that I have used so far have not been a disappointment. The number one advantage of this product is that it does not flake and does not run. L'oreal's Voluminous gave me these problems within the first month. Bourjois, Chanel and Mac's mascaras, as much as it pains me to say, were not as good as the Marcelle formulations. I enjoy the wand, it hold the perfect amount of product and as allows me to reach between the base of my lashes to separate, lengthen and curl. I have few lashes at medium length that are very thin, this formula does not weigh them down. At the end of the day my lashes are not brittle or excessively dry after use and fall out much less frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Canadianadia

This is another 2-for-1 purchase I made at Winners some time ago for $4.99. Although the mascara itself isn't good enough to gain holy grail status, if I could always get it at this price I would but it again and again. I had a minor mishap with one of my tubes and when I was closing it, a piece of the cap broke off, and for sanitary reasons I had to toss this mascara a little sooner than I would have liked. I didn't have this problem with my second tube, so hopefully this was just an anomaly or a user error.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara...amazing price! I bought the 2-for-1 just to try it out. My short lashes look super long and dark. Ir doesn't smudge or flake at all. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

There is nothing remarquable about this masquara. I bought is because it was availible in Navy Blue. It is a little clumpy, but otherwise descent. If you are used to drugstore mascaras, you might like it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this Power Volume on a 20% off sale in Black. The packaging is very simple, all black with "Marcelle" written in silver. I have very straight, long lashes and use an eye lash curler before every application and I need something that holds a curl and creates dark lashes with volume without clumps or flakes.It's hypo-allergenic, perfume free and does not irritate my eyes which is great. This mascara does give me the look I desire and it darkens my lashes.
BUT, my complaint is after a few hours the curl no longer holds -- I literally had one lash slightly curved and the other lash uncurled completely...it was embarrassing. But It's a decent mascara I'm all for supporting Canadian brands (based in Montreal), I will continue to use it and perhaps change my technique to for the curl to last all day, but may not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in black and I love how dark it is. It's a mascara that will give you a dramatic look, holds a curl very well, and I do like the look it gives me, but I can't deal with needing to use an eyelash comb. When I use it it's just a globby clumpy mess. I think I can find other mascaras that look good and are easier to apply.