September 23, 2014 | 1639 users online

Makeup Brushes - Tokidoki - Pittura brush set

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beware an Insulin Coma!!!! Too sweet!!!

I have to admit that, in spite of the fact that I'm a reasonable and practical 30+ year old woman who doesn't spend $$ on frivoulous stuff.... I got these brushes mostly because they were so frikking CUTE!!!!

HOWEVER!! Checking over many reviews, I was also at ease b/c most said the quality was not sub-par and they were right!!! :D The eyeshadow and crease brushes are super soft and deliver my UD eyeshadows wonderfully. The eyeliner brush is user-friendly and delivers both gel liners and wet eyeshadow lines efficiently.

It's been almost two years now, and my adorable little brushes still work like a charm. I hear they've been discontinued, so very glad I purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first brushes! Sadly now these are discontinued but I love them. These are soft, and have never shed. Some people say the little characters on top make them difficult for travel but it doesn't really affect me. In the set it includes three brushes. One (Donutella) is an angled liner brush good for eye liner and filling in my brows. Second, There's a crease brush (the skull with yellow bandana) obviously meant for the crease. It also works for blending & browbone. Lastly, the shading brush is the cow and I use it for packing shadow on my lid. A great little trio!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These brushes are well made, so don't be fooled by their design. Unfortunately, I feel like synthetic brushes don't pick up pigment as well as natural hair. Therefore, I don't think synthetic brushes are for me.I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

Great set of brushes, particularly for the beginners as it has just about everything you need for eyes.

I like that they're very soft for synthetic brushes, but two of the eye brushes arrived with splayed hair (on one side, not the whole thing), that did not go back into shape even after washing. Still, not a huge deal as it wasn't the whole brush head going nutso.

The big C brush is very firm and large, great for larger eye socket girls, but not as useful for my smaller asian eyelid. I had slight trouble picking up eyeshadow with it, however, despite the brush head looking like it's well loaded with eyeshadow. Still, it might've been the fault of the shadow instead of the brush. Since it is dense, I suggest using it to pack on lid color. It doesn't work very well if you want to do an all over wash because it'll deposit a dense amount of pigment at where you lay it down initial, then as you sweep across the lid, the rest of the lid gets very little color instead.

The blender brush is longer than the MAC 217 and has a fuller/rounder head. I find it a little too long to blend out harsh edges for me. The fuller head also made it difficult to blend out a small section of the harsh edge without muddying/dipping into the intense color area itself.

The liner brush is a bit small for me BUT it is ultra thin and provides great application for a thin gel line. I also used it with the darkest shade in my Lancome palette (which is a liner shade) to line my eyes and it worked very well. However as I prefer thicker and smokier liner lines (due to my asian monolid eyes) as well as tightlining, pencil liners tend to work better for me, so this brush is also sort of useless. ^^;;

The packaging is very cute! But unfortunately it is also very difficult for me to slide it easily into my brush holder ^^;;

Overally the brushes are soft and well made, just unfortunately it doesn't serve well for my particular eye shape or application method. If you have a larger eye area and likes to use gel liners or thinly applied eyeliner, this set would be perfect for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by tokyocherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Been meaning to review these for a while as I've had them since May 2011 and they're still perfect. Much prefer synthetic brushes for keeping in good condition and ease of cleaning. These three definitely fit in nicely with my vegan Sigma brushes. Yes, they're very soft and pick up a lot more product than you'd expect. The Adios crease brush is great for softening lines and also I find it big enough to be quite multi purpose and often use it to apply loose powder under the eyes to catch fallout. Don't find them awkward and heavy at all but a bit of a pain to store like other brushes or travel with. They just end up lying flat on their own in my makeup bag. No matter though, all the brushes in this collection are ridiculously good - Siberia angled contour brush and the kabuki brush are the same. Awesome and really sad to see them all go...:(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I had been eyeballing this brush set for such a long time and when they went on sale (it seems that Sephora is phasing out everything tokidoki), I pounced! The brushes are SUPER adorable with signature tokidoki characters - Mozzerella (eye shadow brush with blue tipped bristles), Donutella (angled eyeliner brush with pink), and Ciao Ciao (crease brush tipped grey)! I've seen reviews that talk about how the weight each character head lends makes application awkward and I just have to say, I think that actually helps me concentrate more on what I'm doing. Since I'm focusing more, I'm less likely to mess up my makeup. The character heads do make it impossible to use Brush Guards if you have those (I only use Brush Guards for travel or the drying process though). One of my worries was potential staining and ruining the cute colored tips but the synthetic bristles wash easily with mild soap and water. These are high-end brushes quite comparable to other more expensive high-end brushes. They're all really soft and pick up product effortlessly. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I, absolutely looove these brushes. They are amazing brushes, the hair is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft and is dipped dyed pink (for the eyeliner brush) blue (for the all over eyeshadow brush) and grey (crease brush). The actual handle has cute little designs associated with the character head at the end of the brush. My favorite one had to be Donutella. I didn't pay as much as the others here, just 14$. though you have to act fast if you want these because I think Sephora is discontinuing this line in there stores

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

Love this brush set!!! I just love how adorable the brushes are and how SOFT!! As with all synthetic brushes, it's super soft!!! My only regret is only picking up 1 set. I need like 1 or 2 more to give to friends. way too cute and adorable and fun not like my boring MAC and whatever brushes (lol I didn't mean that... I love my other brushes too <3) .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got these on sale at Sephora before Tokidoki makeup left for good. THEY'RE SO CUTE! And they're really soft and did I mention how cute they are? Would buy again, but they're sold out :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

just got this on sale for $14, since tokidoki is leaving sephora. i think $14 is a pretty good price for high quality brushes. the brushes are really cute and a have a character's head on the oppisite end of the brush, which sometimes i think makes application just a bit harder because it makes the brush heavier to hold and the handle is pretty obnioxiously long. i will deal with it though because i love how soft the brushes are. my favorite is the crease brush. highly recommend getting this set on sale before the brand is discontinued.