December 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Powder - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Glow Enhancing Powder Foundation SPF26

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

I have the colour 974 in this, and I'm a very yellow NC20.

LOVE. Words cannot describe how much I love this.

It's amazing for a powder foundation. I apply this with a skunk brush (something like MAC 187 but from Laura Mercier) all over to set my concealer and give myself slightly more coverage.

The colour is amazing. I'm asian so it's very difficult for me to find a foundation with yellow enough undertones for my skin that doesn't break me out or irritate my skin.

It doesn't cake up or go orange on me. It does give the powdery look (obviously cos it's a powder foundation), but it's really alot better than other powder foundations I've tried.

The most magical thing about this is that it manages to give decent coverage while still looking translucent. It's some kind of wizardry cos I always thought that was an oxymoron and impossible to achieve. But this does it.

The powder is of very fine texture as well.

Lasting power is really good. One time, I wore this for 15 hours (in summer, thru dance practice and a barbecue) and it still looked good. Maybe a little bit dewy-er than when it first looked but still good. Not greasy, orange, separated or disappeared.

Doesn't break me out at all, my skin actually looks better since I've started using this and not liquid foundation.

It does separate/pool into my pores a little by the 8th hour or so, but only at the base of my nose where I tend to get ezcema. So that is just my weird skin being problematic.

I hate that the case is so big though. I don't even put a sponge in there so half the case is kinda just taking up valuable space in my (very cluttered) make up bag. I wish they made a more compact case that didn't have the sponge compartment.

All in all: This is amazing. Buy this NOW.

EDIT: THIS BROKE ME OUT. But if you're not sensitive to sunscreen ingredients, it'll be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by savliving

I love this powder foundation so far. I have been using it almost daily for the last month. I finally found a job and I have to walk to work so the extra protection is perfect. I am walking to work in the GA humidity with no make up coming off my face. Of course the silicone in my SS is to thank for that. Anyway this wears well over my sunscreens. I use one with the same actives so no destabilizing. This replaces my beloved Shiseido powdery and it is a decent amount of product. It just drives me insane that it takes 2 weeks to get here! Also customers constantly comment on my skin. Am I wearing make up? I do take great care of it, but this powder really evens and brightens my skintone very well. 5/31/12 Update. Still using this powder foundation. I ordered a refill on the 18th with a free ship code and it got here on the 30th. I'll continue to use this as long as it's available. 11/25/2012 I hit pan on my refill of this. Have a 3rd waiting to be opened. I really love this powder foundation. It even wears well when I wear no sunscreen or moisturizer. 4/29/2013 And of course now it's discontinued. But at least Shiseido Powdery is back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

C30 (yellow toned), black hair and dark brown eyes (Chinese). Combination skin with some shine on forehead and nose.

I've been wearing powder foundation for years, and after going so many, I think I have found my HG! PIty about the price tag, but I think it is worth it.

The staying powder was fairly good, and I only needed to touch up with some powder after 8 hours of use.

For reference, I am using GE964 (beige/slight yellow undertones). I usually have a problem with foundations being too chalky/white, but this blended into my skin.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Oily ladies stay away from this. This makes me glow alright, not exactly oily, but has that weird shine to the whole face. Packaging sucks, why would I want to buy te compact and powder separately? Luckily I only bought the powder. Coverage is light, at best medium. Only good thing is that it will not make u look cakey, even if u apply too much.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by nabz

RAVE! I love this. It's one of those products you buy and use, and think to yourself, heck why didn't I try this sooner? This powder foundation is surprisingly smooth to apply. I've tried applying it both with wet and dry sponge, and a kabuki brush. Using a sponge, will give you a fuller coverage and the latter gives a slightly less opaque finish. But because recently I have been needing a foundation that give mid-full coverage, this one fulfills is like a charm! The price is reasonable (MYR 140 for the pan since I already have the case) but I do think I will go through this pretty fast as I wear it to work 5 days a week and sometimes reapply during mid day.
As an oil-control it works so-so. Nothing to shout about. You would need something underneath before applying it on to control the oilies if you want. But I usually just spritz on the Shu Umuera Deepsea water before application, wait for it to try, apply, and give another spritz before I walk out. No cakeyness unless you pile this thing on like crazy. I saw a photo someone took of me while wearing this, and it looks dewy and natural. AWESOME!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not entirely sure if mine is the "glow enhancing powder" but i would assume so since mine came in the sleek black case too! I bought this over in HK which im sure is cheaper than here in Australia (if they even stock it here...) and im glad i did! Instead of using the sponge, i use a kabuki brush to apply it (in swirling motions). However, i can't just use this as a foundation as i have acne, dark scars and generally a very uneven skintone. To rectify that, i use a tiny amount of bourjous healthy mix to provide a little coverage and something for the powder to stick onto. Much like every other liquid and powder foundation i use, i turn oily all over within a few hours, but with some blotting paper all is fixed! Despite the higher price, i would buy this again for the velvety smooth finish,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by OliviaD

I loved the Face Architect liquid, but it does not have any SPF. This is great -- goes on beautifully, stays put, lovely finish. For those areas that need a bit more coverage, you can dampen the sponge. Really good for travel too since you don't have to put it in your baggie. Color is true to that in the liquid. Had to order online since Shu is no longer in stores in the U.S. and it arrived quickly and well packed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kristi383

great foundation!! love it! very compact and convenient to use. great coverage for my skin and it makes it look very soft and velvety.
only problem is after a few hours you may need to touch up.
also quite expensive.
but will spurge out again on this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

sheer coverage. matte finish. makes your skin feel so smooth to touch. excellent oil control. great staying power. non-comedogenic. overall a highly recommended powder foundation. and this is coming from someone who has never liked powder foundations before.