October 24, 2014 | 1654 users online

Eyes - NYX - Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought three of these, thinking that they would work as eyeshadows on their own. Which would be great, as they come in a great variety of nice colours. However, they crease very quickly, and even with a primer underneath they don't have great lasting power. What they are fantastic for is as a base for powder shadows. They really add an extra dimension and give the shadows something to stick to. I've done some cool looks with these as bases, and my shadow has lasted all day/night. I would definitely buy more of them for this purpose, but anyone who buys these hoping to just use them as straight-up eyeshadows will be disappointed. I've taken an extra lippie off for the packaging - the clear plastic lid always cracks, no matter how gentle I am with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

NYX jumbo pencils are completely overrated. The color range is outstanding and it ends there. I own milk and strawberry milk. These have awful staying power and near disappear when you begin to blend them. Caps crack and... Just not so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The main problem with this jumbo pencil is staying powder,
With color: Feeling Lucky .
First applied has a medium coverage pigmentation, doesn't last much and when you start blending it it sort of start to disappear.

Nice: Has lot of product for the price !
Nice: Has a smooth texture
Nice: Slides well over the eyelid, maybe too much (a bit oily feeling)
------
Right now Using it as a base for other rusty brown eyeshadows
-----

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by emmyl02

Love love love Milk!! This is the best brightener ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by devotadaniellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own like eight of these jumbo pencils and I can't get enough of them! I used to only use the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners, but now I use these! The pigments are great and they're really easy to use, and best of all, they're cheap. I originally started using the cottage cheese colored one for my inner eyes to brighten them up, now i've started using crazy colors like electric blue. Either way, they both work great and they stay on for a very long time. The only thing that bothers me is the packaging because the clear caps break easily. But other than that, I love them!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by meggers88

I have dark brown, which goes on the color of an espresso bean. I like it as a color once I blend it, but it looks scary when it first goes on. The color is actually fine when it comes out but I don't like how it goes on. It's like a thick eyeliner almost and I have to work to smudge out the funky drawing I always seem to make. I don't think it creases, but that's because I put it over Color tattoo by maybelline. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a one time buy for me because they are cheap and I like the color (so hard to find dark brown cream shadows) but the consistency does irk me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these pencils for a quick easy-day look. I first swipe on a primer (which as often as not is just concealer, or might be anything from the $1 ELF primer to Smashbox), draw a couple of stripes of my base color (usually Yogurt), blend it with my fingers, and lay in a second color in the crease and along my upper lashline (Iced Mocha or Dark Brown), blend, and top with either a powder shadow or an allover dusting of Mineral Veil. Quick, quick, and is a good look. Nothing complicated (honest!) so I can almost do it without looking.

On their own, the pencils do crease, but give them something to stick to and something to even out the tackiness, and you're good.

I love having these in my travel bag where everything is fairly neutral and easy. I want to look good, of course, but I also don't want o spend travel time in front of the mirror.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

There are a tonne of cream shadows in pots and pencil forms out now. And many of the newer formulations are long lasting and they prevent creasing. These pencils do crease and you do need an eye primer underneath. For that reason, I do not recommend.

They are nice a creamy though, and they have decent pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I have a couple shades of the Nyx Jumbo pencil in Horse radish and some coral shade. It is pigmented and works great as a powder shadow primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these pencils in just about every color. Regardless of what they are intended for, I use them as a base for my eye shadows ( a la MAC Paint Pots) and they work wonderfully!