August 2, 2014 | 1085 users online

Eyes - NYX - Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The main problem with this jumbo pencil is staying powder,
With color: Feeling Lucky .
First applied has a medium coverage pigmentation, doesn't last much and when you start blending it it sort of start to disappear.

Nice: Has lot of product for the price !
Nice: Has a smooth texture
Nice: Slides well over the eyelid, maybe too much (a bit oily feeling)
------
Right now Using it as a base for other rusty brown eyeshadows
-----

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by emmyl02

Love love love Milk!! This is the best brightener ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by devotadaniellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own like eight of these jumbo pencils and I can't get enough of them! I used to only use the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners, but now I use these! The pigments are great and they're really easy to use, and best of all, they're cheap. I originally started using the cottage cheese colored one for my inner eyes to brighten them up, now i've started using crazy colors like electric blue. Either way, they both work great and they stay on for a very long time. The only thing that bothers me is the packaging because the clear caps break easily. But other than that, I love them!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by meggers88

I have dark brown, which goes on the color of an espresso bean. I like it as a color once I blend it, but it looks scary when it first goes on. The color is actually fine when it comes out but I don't like how it goes on. It's like a thick eyeliner almost and I have to work to smudge out the funky drawing I always seem to make. I don't think it creases, but that's because I put it over Color tattoo by maybelline. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a one time buy for me because they are cheap and I like the color (so hard to find dark brown cream shadows) but the consistency does irk me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these pencils for a quick easy-day look. I first swipe on a primer (which as often as not is just concealer, or might be anything from the $1 ELF primer to Smashbox), draw a couple of stripes of my base color (usually Yogurt), blend it with my fingers, and lay in a second color in the crease and along my upper lashline (Iced Mocha or Dark Brown), blend, and top with either a powder shadow or an allover dusting of Mineral Veil. Quick, quick, and is a good look. Nothing complicated (honest!) so I can almost do it without looking.

On their own, the pencils do crease, but give them something to stick to and something to even out the tackiness, and you're good.

I love having these in my travel bag where everything is fairly neutral and easy. I want to look good, of course, but I also don't want o spend travel time in front of the mirror.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

There are a tonne of cream shadows in pots and pencil forms out now. And many of the newer formulations are long lasting and they prevent creasing. These pencils do crease and you do need an eye primer underneath. For that reason, I do not recommend.

They are nice a creamy though, and they have decent pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I have a couple shades of the Nyx Jumbo pencil in Horse radish and some coral shade. It is pigmented and works great as a powder shadow primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these pencils in just about every color. Regardless of what they are intended for, I use them as a base for my eye shadows ( a la MAC Paint Pots) and they work wonderfully!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

I like the matte shades and a couple of the sparkle ones. The ones with glitter are way too glittery for my taste and it doesn't help that the glitter particles are on the larger side.I They are very creamy and blend easily, but they don't set so you can't wear them on their own. I recommend the matte shades and for the sparkly ones, Pots&Pans and Ice Mocha. Pots&Pans and Ice Mocha also have glitter (which I hate) but it's not as obvious as in the blue and green shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

These are not easily available in the UK (you can order them online but I prefer actually seeing and feeling products before buying them) so when I was on holiday in Holland and saw them in a shop, I bought about 7 of them at once! WHAT A MISTAKE.
The colours are absolutely beautiful but on my hooded oily lids these crease like mad!
How I tried using them:
1. As an allover cream eyeshadow, on top of a primer like UDPP, Too Faced primer, ELF mineral primer, even face primers like Smashbox or Clarins flash balm. With no powder eyeshadow on top, these crease within TWO HOURS!!
2. As above but with a powder eyeshadow on top, staying power improves by an hour or two.
3. As a regular eyeliner - again a bit better staying power but still creases within 3-4 hours. With a powder eyeshadow on top, lasts maybe 5 hours.
4. As eyeliners for te waterline or inner corner highlighters (the appropriate shades), staying power is acceptable and I can use them fine for work or a casual occasion.
OVERALL, I bought these to use on their own all over my lids, because the colours are so beautiful, and as such they are very disappointing.