February 27, 2015 | 1052 users online

Eyes - NYX - Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 5:51:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have the colour sparkle leopard. i got it on a whim at a free standing NYX store in europe. i paid 5.50 euro for it which i think is affordable.

pros:
- the fine glitters in sparkle leopard lasted ALL DAY, i was so pleased about this!!! i put it on in the morning and only took it off at 3.30 am the next day (our flight was delayed so i was home far later than expected), and the glitter particles were still showing. most glitters wouldn't last that long =)
- i didn't experience creasing (i didn't apply that much though - i layered shadow on top)
- so far, no dragging or tugging. it seems easy to apply

cons:
- i've had it a week and the cap is already cracking pretty seriously =(
- i haven't owned it for a long time so i'm not sure if it'll dry up and create drag/tugging later and thus create more fallout for the glitter (but this is just a worry and not an actual con, lol)

bottom line:
certainly and definitely worth a shot if you're curious. =) just pick up one to try and see if it suits you

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

does not set by itself so u need a matching powder eyeshadow for it to work.

very similar to function with ben nye lumiere cream and kryolan shimmering vision cream colors

best used as a base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for Purple Velvet. You have to love these pencils from NYX as they are so affordable and the formula is creamy smooth and easy to apply.

As an all over eye lid shade even with primer I find these crease badly on me so tend to only use these pencils as upper and lower eye liners, also the lids fracture so easily but for the cost can't really complain.

Purple Velvet is a great compliment as an upper lid eye liner for a mauve / violet / purple or gold eye look. This eyeliner looks great set with a shadow in the same shade group and lasts easily all day.

The only reason I will not be repurchasing this pencil is its bound to last me a very long time as I don't do that many mauve / purple eye looks so don't use this that often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of NYX eyeshadows and blushes (Angel blush is one of my all time favs) and I like their lip pencils and eyeliners too. The Jumbo Eye Pencils get rave reviews, but I was just underwhelmed by them. I have 617 Iced Mocha, 615 Slate, and 604 Milk. I don't like the texture at all. I found them uneven, difficult to apply and blend, and not long wearing, even with an eye primer. They don't work for me as a primer under powder eye shadow either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought three of these, thinking that they would work as eyeshadows on their own. Which would be great, as they come in a great variety of nice colours. However, they crease very quickly, and even with a primer underneath they don't have great lasting power. What they are fantastic for is as a base for powder shadows. They really add an extra dimension and give the shadows something to stick to. I've done some cool looks with these as bases, and my shadow has lasted all day/night. I would definitely buy more of them for this purpose, but anyone who buys these hoping to just use them as straight-up eyeshadows will be disappointed. I've taken an extra lippie off for the packaging - the clear plastic lid always cracks, no matter how gentle I am with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

NYX jumbo pencils are completely overrated. The color range is outstanding and it ends there. I own milk and strawberry milk. These have awful staying power and near disappear when you begin to blend them. Caps crack and... Just not so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The main problem with this jumbo pencil is staying powder,
With color: Feeling Lucky .
First applied has a medium coverage pigmentation, doesn't last much and when you start blending it it sort of start to disappear.

Nice: Has lot of product for the price !
Nice: Has a smooth texture
Nice: Slides well over the eyelid, maybe too much (a bit oily feeling)
------
Right now Using it as a base for other rusty brown eyeshadows
-----

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by emmyl02

Love love love Milk!! This is the best brightener ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by devotadaniellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own like eight of these jumbo pencils and I can't get enough of them! I used to only use the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners, but now I use these! The pigments are great and they're really easy to use, and best of all, they're cheap. I originally started using the cottage cheese colored one for my inner eyes to brighten them up, now i've started using crazy colors like electric blue. Either way, they both work great and they stay on for a very long time. The only thing that bothers me is the packaging because the clear caps break easily. But other than that, I love them!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by meggers88

I have dark brown, which goes on the color of an espresso bean. I like it as a color once I blend it, but it looks scary when it first goes on. The color is actually fine when it comes out but I don't like how it goes on. It's like a thick eyeliner almost and I have to work to smudge out the funky drawing I always seem to make. I don't think it creases, but that's because I put it over Color tattoo by maybelline. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a one time buy for me because they are cheap and I like the color (so hard to find dark brown cream shadows) but the consistency does irk me.