Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream

3.7

water, cyclomethicone, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), glycerin, dipropylene glycol, talc, hydrogenated polydecene, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, Dimethicone, macadamia intefrifolia seed oil, polygyceryl-3 diisotearate, sorbitan olivate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, squalane, betaine, magnesium sulfate, dimethicone, distear-dimonium hectorite, plyglutamic acid, iron oxide (Cl 77492), iron oxide (Cl 77491), bisabolol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, polymethyl methacrylate, allantoin,hydrolyzed collagen, sodium hyaluronate,phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propyl paraben, butylparaben, fragrance

on 7/2/2015 8:48:00 AM

If you’re thinking of purchasing this, take into consideration that this isn’t a universally flattering shade. I’m light but with yellow undertones and this made me look pink (pink face, yellow neck, I think NOT!).

I gave it five stars because it does cover well and feels comfortable on the skin and I love the pump. However they should expand on the colours, we are not all pink or fair for that matter.

on 3/27/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure if I like this BB cream or not. It comes out of the tube so dark and beige-grey upon applying and after waiting a few minutes I find it matches my skin pretty close. I don't have a MAC match as I don't like any of the colors, they look too heavy and orange yellow to me and I do like yellow based foundations. I guess if I had to choose I would be NC 20-25.

The coverage is really good, I didn't have to apply another layer and it's got a dewy semi-matte finish. I think the combo of glycerin and talc gives it the coverage and moistness. For the performance, the price even on Ebay with the markups still beats any of the brands at Sephora.

The downside is the fragrance. I prefer faint to zero scents in my products and I actually liked the scent of this to begin with. It was a soft powdery scent that somehow over time morphed into this overwhelming gross AXE scent. I'm not sure if the product was fake (apparently there are fake Lioele BBs) but it does perform well.

So I'm undecided if I will buy again. It also has no SPF rating but judging from the heavy coverage and if in a crunch when you don't have any UV products on hand, I think it will protect to a certain extent until it wears off.

on 3/16/2015 10:55:00 PM

I have acne-prone/clog-prone dry and dehydrated skin with an uneven texture that gets ever so slightly oily across my t-zone. Basically, terrible skin. I had finally gotten my breakouts under control and was looking for something to help lighten scarring when I found this.

It was love at first sight.

My foundation always cakes up on me. When I find an HG foundation it is only because the cake factor is not as severe as other brands. My skin is just not made for the flawless smooth look that many YouTube gurus mystically have the power to create. When this came in the mail I couldn't wait to smear it across my face. My first thought was "oh this is a big tube", my second was "PUMP!!!!" When I put the product on it matched my skin perfectly (however, not everyone is NC15 with cool undertones and i find it ridiculous that this is not made to suit other skin tones) and it looked like skin... But like, really perfect skin.

It was dewy, smooth, and full-coverage. Even my husband commented on how great my skin looked. He literally used the term "luminous". I did a happy dance on the inside... My days of cakey foundation were over!

Then came the zits. First two, then five huge and painful cysts popped up on my cheeks and chin. I kept using it, praying that it was just a coincidence. A week later my skin is full of super clogged pores, cysts, and whiteheads. Maybe it's the overwhelming fragrance, or maybe it's the high spf. Either way this is another "HG" that will be pushed to the back of my makeup drawer.

on 1/13/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin looks like skin with this,it has a dewy finish. It feels moisturizing, maybe a bit heavy but nothing too disturbing.Great coverage, medium to full, i use a damp beauty blender to apply. Staying power is fair, but i don't use a primer and I don't powder afterwards so that may be the cause.Great price for how it performs for me, beats the Mac Studio Fix which leaves me too dry.All in all i would repurchase.The only downside is the color selection, it comes in just 1 shade.

on 12/11/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so after using foundations for a while I decided it was time to go back to using bb creams. My first bb cream was the korean brand Holika Holika "aqua petite jelly" which I really loved, but I wanted to see if I could find better. So I puchased this bb cream, Lioele "beyond the solution".

First impression, tidy, neat packaging. Love how it comes in a pump dispenser and love the amount of product you get. The price is also very cheap, I got this product in china, cost me 60 yuan, so thats around $12NZD (yes im from new zealand)

Now to the actual product....I hated it, well I diddnt hate it at first, when I first applied it it looked pretty good, however the colour was a tad bit to dark for me (note this bb comes in only one shade). The product has a nice consistency, it blends smoothly. I used my fingers to apply and this worked perfectly. My first impression was good, it has a high coverage so did not need concealer, it even managed to make my pores appear smaller. Sounds great right...no! By the end of the day when I got home and saw my face in the mirror I was in horror! My colour was blotchy, my skin suface like a golf ball! and the shine on my skin like a mirror! What this bb cream did was melt and sink into my skin, and I dont mean that in a good way. This bb did not work for me.

To sum up this review, the product did not perform well. Now I state this for those of you that have combination/oily skin, stay away! For those of you with dry skin, this may work however it does oxidize and the coverage wears off, so take note. But over all im gonna go with not recommending this product. I think their are plenty more bb's out their that perform much better than this one!

on 10/19/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was very impressed with this product! The only negative thing is that it has no sunscreen but other than that - love it!! The tube is a hygiene way of distributing. It has medium coverage. It didn't cause any breakouts for me which was great as I have very sensitive skin. I'm also fairly pale and the one colour of this is great for me :)

on 9/30/2014 10:25:00 AM

So.. This was one of popular korean bb back then.
Pros:
- very good coverage for bbc
- natural finish, doesn't accentuate bumps and dry patches
- long wearing
- no break out

Cons:
- Shade is limited to NC 20-25 at best, otherwise it will look too dark or too light, nor it would adjust to your skin.
- Feels super greasy and heavy, it's really uncomfortable and felt like something sticky layered on my face, unless I put a tiny tiny amount.
- Poor oil control, primer and powder won't do much help.

I don't think this one is suitable for oilier skin, but major cons for me is the heavy feeling of the product

on 7/17/2014 6:57:00 PM

I would say this deserves 3.5 lippies but I gave it 4 instead of 3 because I would repurchase it again.

My dislikes:
- Strong "fragrance-y" smell when you first dispense it. It disappears within 10 minutes so it's not too bad. If you have sensitive skin it might irritate you though.
- Oil control isn't as good as I would like. Even with powder, my nose is oily 4-5 hours after applying. My usual foundation lasts longer than this so I was expecting more.
- When I first got it, I applied way too much. It made my face look awful and cakey. I learned the trick is to use just one pump and then apply a dollop on each part of my face (each cheek, nose, forehead, and chin) and blend from there. A little goes farther than you'd think.
- If you're very pale, this won't work for you. Since my skin got a little darker in summer, I found it matched my skin. Otherwise this would be too dark for me in the winter.
- Does not cover my pores completely. I have problem pores, so I didn't expect a BB cream to cover them. If your pores are minor, this isn't a problem.

My likes:
- This is the first product I've tried that gives me a dewy finish that I like (minus the oily nose hours later). Having oily skin, I usually go for matte face products but I find the dewy finish with this one gives me just the right summer glow. I was told my face had a healthy glow.
- I like the hygienic pump. It makes application easy.
- For the price it is a good buy.
- Doesn't feel heavy in hot weather.
- It hasn't caused me to break out. I did have one small breakout near my chin, but it was most likely due to diet and hormones.

on 5/25/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ok first of all, I see several reviews that indicate this does not have sunscreen, and that is not really correct. Although there isn't an spf rating on the package, the third ingredient (so a relatively large concentration) is titanium dioxide, which is a physical sunscreen. Also, a couple of people in the Amazon questions section (but who knows if that's accurate) state there's an spf of 30. So if you are looking for a bb cream without sunscreen (although there doesn't appear to have a CHEMICAL sunscreen, which is generally the culprit in skin sensitivities) for some reason, this is not it. However, the spf of 30 is questionable without confirmation from the company, so I always wear sunscreen under it just in case, if I'm wearing it during the day. One of these days, I'll contact the company to confirm the spf rating!

Ok, on to my review. This is thicker and heavier than most Asian bb creams, but has much better coverage and wears better. It actual goes on like a medium to full coverage foundation. It is excellent for covering weird flaky dry patches and redness. It is very warm in tone and a little too dark for us SUPER pale folks, but I manage to pull it off during the summer for going out at night, with a lot of blending. It's a little heavy/thick for daytime wear, IMO. Still a nice product for the price ($16-$18) overall.

on 5/7/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Finally! A bb cream with no spf! I can't use spf or sunscreen and this is the only one I have found without it. And I really love it! I have found my hg bb cream/foundation finally. The spf trend has really been hard on me although I do understand the importance of it. I am very fair skinned and I was worried this was too dark but a light powder on top works wonders. My skin loves this stuff, when I do try and wear regular foundation I can tell a big difference in how my skin looks and feels. This seems to calm my skin.