Hurraw Balm

4.5

Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ‡Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, *Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, *Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, organic flavor, Tocopherols (sunflower)

on 8/7/2015 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

These are great. They go on smoothly and have great flavors/scents! I got the chocolate and black cherry. The packaging is cute and I like the unique shape- it doesn't roll like usual round ones do. You only need a tiny bit for moisture/shine, and with the tinted black cherry, for color. When I opened them for the first time, I didn't notice the scent being strong, but it is much stronger when applied (it was for me anyway). I would definitely recommend! And of course, one of the best aspects is that they're organic, raw and vegan! (And homemade, I think!) The name really suits them. :)

on 7/10/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love these! They are the ONLY balms I use now. Love both the Black Cherry and the Cinnamon for the sheer bit of color. I've used up one of each scent. Also love the Sun and Moon balm. They are smooth on the lips and hydrating. Customer service is superb! Can't wait to try them all!!

on 7/9/2015 7:29:00 PM

These are my favourite lip balms! Prior to Hurraw, I don't think I ever finished a lip balm in my life. Maybe one or two here and there... Hurraw though? I've been using the balms for about 2 years now and I've lost count of how many I've finished. 6 months ago I found out I have an allergy to beeswax. It took about a month to figure out it was beeswax (propolis) that was causing my lips to swell up, blister and chap... But once I did I was so thankful I already had a vegan lip product in my life. Every other lip balm and lip product with beeswax high on the ingredient list had to get tossed.
My lips never get chapped, the scents are amazing, and the product line overall is excellent. SPF Sun Balm? Perfect! Moon Balm for night? Perfect! Every other balm? Perfect! I can't pick a favourite scent, but my usual picks are: Grapefruit, Almond, Orange, Licorice and Cherry (tinted).

on 6/11/2015 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love these lip balms! I wish they sold a larger variety of flavors (flavors? scents? whatever!) at the store near me, because I would honestly never order a lip balm like this online. I have a whole bunch that I use on a regular basis. I love the Sun Balm (SPF 15) especially in the summer, because I'm a lifeguard. I use the Moon Balm at night, my lips get really chapped as I sleep. During the day I prefer either the Vanilla Bean Balm on days when I'm going simple with my makeup or the Black Cherry Balm, if I want a little more color in my lips.

I also really like that they're vegan. The formula is smooth and creamy, and all of the ingredients are natural. No petroleum! The tube is also really cute, I like that it's an oval, it sits better in pockets than a round tube!
Absolutely love them, will continue purchasing as long as they sell them!

on 4/14/2015 10:16:00 AM

I have Vanilla Bean, Black Cherry, and Chai Spice. They are all YUMMERS x 10000, especially Chai Spice. Affordable, tons of excellent, original flavors along with a bunch of people-pleasers. Good brand, good ingredients. The oval tube is not my favorite, as it conforms to the shape of my lips in an annoying way, creating a weird dip with raised edges (hard to explain lol). These are good for me in the warmer months, as they have a light, slick texture. However, I don't find them that moisturizing and the balm evaporates quickly from my lips, so I never reach for them :( ...overall a 3.5 and I think if you don't have chronically dry lips like me, you will love them.

on 4/14/2015 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although I have only used my first Hurraw! balm for a little over a week, I already know that these lip balms are my new holy grail!

They feel like velvet when applied (even in the colder weather when many lip balms tend to harden in the low temperatures) and leave my lips silky smooth! It doesn't leave a horrid white cast or inner rim on your lips, and lips feel moisturised long after the balm has worn off the lips! I have pretty good lips without balm, so I can't really speak for people with drier lips but i don't find the need to reapply ver often.

They come in a variety of flavours / scents which all sound amazing. I buy mine at a whole foods store for $5.95 and i think they're worth the price, but they're also available to buy on the website for $3.79 which is less then most lip balms out there!

All in all, 10/10 and has my stamp of approval; I can't see anything topping this balm!

on 3/15/2015 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

these are my fave lip balms. lots of fun flavors to choose from, like lip smackers for grown ups. they're very moisturizing & all completely vegan. the texture is perfect, not so hard that it drags on lips, not so soft that it gets gooey or falls apart. i've also had great customer service when ordering directly, they always write a little message & throw in a free balm with my order. my personal faves are green tea, black cherry which is very lightly tinted & the moon balm which is extra moisturizing.

on 3/15/2015 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love these balms! I have four different ones and my favourite is coconut. It has the most delicious and natural coconut scent! They all smell heavenly though. The balms are also very moisturising. I especially like the fact that they contain natural ingredients. I highly recommend the Hurraw balms!

on 3/1/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I swiped this from my vegan sister, having never heard of this company before. We were on safari of all things, and I had been using Burt's Bees but found that the dry climate made the minty flavor really sting my lips. It's not a gorgeous-looking thing, but I liked the sort of creamy formulation and felt it did a pretty awesome job at repairing and protecting my lips. Plus it's SPF 15, which is always nice.

on 2/27/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have about seven billion sticks and pots of lip balm - cheap, mid-priced and expensive - I got 'em all. I needed an additional two lip balms like I need a hole in the head but no matter, I bought two sticks of Hurraw balm anyway and will probably get some more. Possibly because I'm a compulsive shopper and hoarder.

I have two Hurraw balms - Black Cherry and Cinnamon. I carry Cinnamon with me everywhere because I adore the smell. ADORE! It reminds me of Big Red gum which I love so much I chew four pieces at a time. The Black Cherry is also pretty good. Since both the scents/flavors I have are red, they leave a bit of a reddish tint which means I don't always have to carry a lipstick with me if I'm going for a more casual look. These also work well under lipstick. The thing I like most about these balms are the shape. They're oval instead of the standard round which I feel gives more coverage.

As I have an obscene amount of lip balms, I can say that these are better than Chap-Stik or other drug store brands. They're a tad more moisturizing than Chap-Stik and don't smell or feel waxy. I also love that this brand carries a variety of scent/flavors because drug store brands can get a little monotonous (even with their "Limited Edition" releases). I forget how much I paid for them but I know they were less than $9 each which makes them a great alternative to the high end brands that hawk lip balms for $20+. Plus, the variety of scents is amazing.

Popular Lip Treatments