Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture #10 Beige Tribute

4.5

on 10/27/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

****Update: I've noticed it start to look too dark for my skintone. Rose Bermagesque, however, still looks good on me.

Favorite color, aside from Rose Bermagesque, that I love from this line of lipsticks. This color is a no-brainer for days when I just want to wear a lip color that will look good on me with whatever makeup look/outfit I choose.

Also, unlike YSL's Rouge Volupte lipsticks, I love the formula of the Rouge Pur Couture lippies much more, as they're not as slippery, don't bleed as much, and don't have a scent.

Only qualm is that you need to have smooth, un-chapped lips for this because otherwise it will settle into those dry areas -- oh, yeah, and it's quite expensive.

Would I recommend? Yes.

on 12/23/2010 7:58:00 AM

I absolutely love, love, love this colour. The name 'Beige Tribute' led me to believe that this was going to be a bland, brown colour, however, after trying it at the counter I fell head over heels.

The colour is a lovely nude with a pink undertone that makes this a great daytime nude - one that you can wear without people asking you if you're ill!!

One gripe is the packaging - the gold tube appeals to my inner magpie, but I can't handle the finger prints and the fact that this scratches so easily! I suppose I ought to be more careful with these things, but I think product designers should take into account that lipstick gets swiped on and chucked into a handbag to mingle with coins and keys.

Popular Lipsticks