April 16, 2014 | 1057 users online

Mascara - Boots - Natural Collection - WaterGuard Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by elisjem1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because of the great reviews here on MakeupAlley. The mascara is amazing for the price, only 1.99 gbp. It doesn't smudge at all during the day. What I also really love about it is that when I take it off in the evening it leaves all my lashes where they should be, where with all my other mascara's I've ever had it wasn't possible to remove them without also removing some lashes. I'm taking one lippy of because I have to put on several layers of this mascara to get a reasonal effect, which is partly due to my few lashes and to the brush as well I think. But this takes some time, so therefore 4 lippy's.

Edit 1 week after:
I have to conclude I won't buy this mascara again. It stays a bit sticky during the day, even after several hours after applying. And for me the most important thing: it takes approximately 3 times more time to apply this one than my good old Clinique and even then, it does not give the result I get from my old Clinique. Therefore, as a busy woman, always in a rush, I will not buy this mascara again and stay with my Clinique, because however it may be almost 9 times as expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I really couldn't be happier with the price of this product.

The most impressive part of this product is that it doesn't smudge the slightest bit!!

Even when I wore and it rained and my eyes got a little wet, it didn't run. Def recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

I'm really impressed with this mascara. I thought it would be crap as its only £1.99. Oh how wrong I was! I use it everyday either on its on for when I'm working or together with maybellines great lash for going out. It does smudge ever such a teensy bit under my eye when I'm working, but I work 12 hour days in a hot humid environment. It's nothing a quick wipe with your finger won't sort out. Very impressed and its pretty good at standing up to a good old cry. Will be rebuying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very good. Whilst it doesn't do a particularly good job at being waterproof, the brush is amazing, making my lashes look lovely with just one application and this will not flake at all! And only for £1.99?!? Amazing. Better than most of my other drugstore mascaras, I am very very impressed, Natural Collection has won a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried the whole gamut of mascaras, from Dior, to BeneFit's Bad Gal, to Maybelline's famed (and now suddenly and alarmingly quite inferior) Great Lash to the decent Boots No7 numbers. On a whim, I decided to follow the advice of the multitudes and give this one a whirl. What can I say? It is an extraordinarily effective and flattering daytime product. Does it have whispery, lash-enhancing fibres? No. Does it give the effect of fake, fanned-out dolly lashes? No. Does it have a big, fat brush? No. Is it glossy? No. Is the packaging glamourous? No. But it's just what I'd always searched for in a daytime mascara: a slightly runny, neutral brown-black product that coated lashes and gave good definition, that would last the whole day, and neither flake nor irritate. Does the job and for an amazing price. I am indeed amazed.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ZoeA

I wanted to find a mascara that wouldn't smudge so much and looked quite natural. I also wanted to find one in black/brown as black is too dark for my liking with my fair skin.

I looked through the reviews here first before finding the good ratings for this one and as it's only 1.99 I thought I really have nothing to lose in buying it!

So I am happy to report that it is really good! (not being a mascara conoisseur though). It separates and defines lashes well (I hate the clumpy look) and is easy to apply. Once on it doesn't smudge and lasts well. I like the fact that it looks natural.

If you are looking for any kind of volumising etc this is not for you. If you want natural-looking lashes without panda eyes though - this is it! At this price you have nothing to lose either!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by alsturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is possibly one of the best waterproof mascara's available. It's fragrance free, water and smudge resistant. The brush isn't as big as I expected it would be, but the bristles are spiraled upwards so you can build up bigger lashes. Lasts all day. Only cost me 1.99 in Boots.
Only problems are that its hard to get off (due to being water resistant).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AmieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried higher end mascaras from the likes of Lancme, Clinique and Benefit but this 1.99 mascara puts them to shame. Nice brush, great waterproof formula and stays put all day. I use this mascara every day and never have any problems with it, I wear contacts and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all, holds a curl brilliantly and doesn't clump either.

The only negative thing I can say about this is that it does dry quite quickly (about 2 months) but at 1.99, you don't mind paying for a new one.

Nice simple packaging like all the Natural Collection products. Don't judge it by its appearance though, it may look boring but it's brilliant.

Top marks to Boots for making such an affordable and brilliant mascara.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by lisathisissilly

I bought this on my way into work as I had forgotten my normal mascara, and didn't want to pay a lot. I thought it would do for one day. At 1.99 I wasn't expecting much at all. However, it's now my everyday mascara! It goes on really well, minimal clumping and stays put all day. It does give a more understated look, definitely not a false lash effect so I use my MAC Haute and Naughty for nights out. At the price you can't beat this mascara for a nice, everday option. Makes my eyes look really pretty and is an absolute bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ClaireyBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I simply cannot live without my mascara (slight exaggeration). I have bought, tried and tested every mascara going. My hopes wern't set too high for this product when i first bought it as it was so cheap (1.99!) and the brand name isn't so popular. How wrong i was to doubt it! It's by far the best mascara in my opinion and will continue to buy it over any other mascara from now on. Colours come in black, brown and black/brown. It has a good medium sized wand/brush which gets inbetween my lashes and gets them just how i like them, very waterproof, It isn't clumpy and it's 1.99! Can't argue with that :]