March 2, 2015 | 2036 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2015 11:56:00 AM More reviews by BriJax01

This Mascara is very lengthening, but does not volumize and also isn't very black. If you like a natural look or won't be wearing much makeup, this might be for you but for someone who likes dramatic lashes this just doesn't do enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2015 11:51:00 PM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

got a sample from Nordstrom and love it! doesn't clump or irritate my eyes, looks fluttery but still fairly natural, I keep reaching for it over my tarte mascara, will purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2015 10:42:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this with a Nordstrom order.

It gave my lashes a nice lengthened, feathery look with a little bit of volume. It actually looks perfect for a light makeup day. The brush has natural bristles and is slightly tapered.

However, I think it's too expensive ($22) for both the somewhat minimal effect it gives and to only use it on certain occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Mkuplv86

One of my favorite mascaras. If length and a feathery look is what you're after then this is it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2015 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara does make my lashes look nice and initially I was happy with it. The problem is, this has the worst lasting power of any mascara I've ever seen. It would just run off throughout the day, I'm not crying, laying down, etc, just a normal day and I will get black smears to my temples and big black blobs under my eyes. It might be workable with a waterproof coating but I really think there are better mascaras out there that won't smear from your brown bone to your temple to your cheekbone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by oliveH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have used most of the MAC mascaras and this has to have been the worst of them all. Its name is deceiptful has it doesnt have any extra volumous effect. it works just as any drugstore mascara. Ok for day look but even its aplication is frustrating as it doesnt dry so fast and it messes on my undereye area and on my eyeshadow if I dont keep perfectly still for 2 minutes, which takes long to fix. It also runs very ugly so make sure you dont cry, get thrown in a pool or kiss under the rain whilst wearing it.

My HG for Mac is still gigalash with extra carbon. I will definately never purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Emzx

This mascara I like. It makes my eyelashes very long and spider like which I love. Only problem is it is a nightmare to take off the only way it will fully come off is if I spend a lot of time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great everyday mascara. I have tried quite a few of MAC's mascaras in the past and have had mixed results. The False Lashes mascara is definitely one of their best.

There are a few things I really love about this mascara:
- The brush is tapered so it reaches all lashes easily and gives good control over how the product is applied
- The formula builds volume easily without being too wet or clumpy (my pet peeves!)
- It layers well

The packaging is very pretty (not essential, but a nice bonus) and for the price I think it's an excellent quality mascara. It works well in one coat for daytime wear and thickens lashes with two coats for night. Works perfect for my fine bottom lashes as well.

Very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is quite a decent product even though I can't say it creates a false lash effect. To me it feels more like a regular lengthening mascara. Could not detect any volumizing effect either. On overall it does a good job as it lengthens the eyelashes without making them clumpy. No smudging or fall off. Comes off easily using a regular cleaning product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It looks good, but it's extremely dry. It dried out faster than any mascara I've ever had, and it's too difficult to put on smoothly because of it. Layering is almost impossible. Not worth it. I can easily find a better one that lasts 3 months with daily use. Extended Play and Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Lashes are both way better.