December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great everyday mascara. I have tried quite a few of MAC's mascaras in the past and have had mixed results. The False Lashes mascara is definitely one of their best.

There are a few things I really love about this mascara:
- The brush is tapered so it reaches all lashes easily and gives good control over how the product is applied
- The formula builds volume easily without being too wet or clumpy (my pet peeves!)
- It layers well

The packaging is very pretty (not essential, but a nice bonus) and for the price I think it's an excellent quality mascara. It works well in one coat for daytime wear and thickens lashes with two coats for night. Works perfect for my fine bottom lashes as well.

Very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is quite a decent product even though I can't say it creates a false lash effect. To me it feels more like a regular lengthening mascara. Could not detect any volumizing effect either. On overall it does a good job as it lengthens the eyelashes without making them clumpy. No smudging or fall off. Comes off easily using a regular cleaning product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It looks good, but it's extremely dry. It dried out faster than any mascara I've ever had, and it's too difficult to put on smoothly because of it. Layering is almost impossible. Not worth it. I can easily find a better one that lasts 3 months with daily use. Extended Play and Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Lashes are both way better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara since MAC discontinued the prolash mascara (which was great by the way), but I've come to the conclusion that this is actually pretty crappy. It gives OK lashes, clumps and at the same time it sheds little pieces over your face as you apply it. I've just been too lazy to look for something better, but I'll be on the hunt from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a dry and ok mascara for me. Nothing special and not worth the money as I think there are better drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by fawnicate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's an ok mascara, but at AU $45, it's not worth it. Definitely does not give anything close to a false lash effect. I did really like the brush but there are so many great less pricey alternatives, I'm going to avoid MAC mascaras in the future

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I bought this while I was at the MAC store looking for something else. I picked it because of the brush and tried it on and liked how it applied. The brush was barely coated so that if you like to layer, you have control, unlike other mascaras that have too much product on the brush and end up clumping the eyelashes. I have used it with the primer and without and what I like about it is that it doesn't sting my eyes, it doesn't flake, and it comes off easily. That's all I want in a mascara. If I want false-lash look I just wear false lashes. The primer helps thicken eyelashes. I'd buy it again if I can't find anything else similar. Not super excited with the price ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LyzR04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only mascara I can use. Every other kind flakes off on my face below. Curl your lashes before, then after and it's amazing. I put 2-4 costs depending upon the look I'm going for. Do thin careful layers and it won't clump at all.

You get what you pay for, if you are expecting to buy awesome makeup at the drugstore, think again. I learned around the time I hit 23.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so, i got a lot of mascaras, in all sorts of brands, from Dior to L'Oréal.
I bought this one thinking that it would make any difference in my collection, but it didn't.
It promises false lashes look, but all i've got was a natural look with no extra volume or length .It just gave me a little bit highlight on my lashes.
The brush is too thick, i get the impression that the mascara isn't properly applied on the lashes because they don't penetrate the brush, at least on mine they just lean on the brush.
I think if the brush were better, the mascara would give better results.
But i have to say that the formula is very light, it doesn't clump too easily.

I would recommend this for anyone who wants a natural look, although the promises of this product are exactly the opposite.

For the price, when you buy a mascara for $21 you expect it to be very good. I do not think the result justifies the price.
My HG mascara continues to be Voluminous Million Lashes. And it is cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Mac False Lashes Extreme Black some months back. This mascara is nothing special. I paid $42 Australian Dollars. For that price I could have almost picked up 3 of my favourite mascara - Maybelline illegal lengths. There is no false lash effect here and I can't say I notice any "extreme blackness". I noticed that it clumps my lashes together, I think this is because the spiral of the bristles around the wand are too far apart. I did dip a different wand into the formula and this improved application. But do you really need to spend $42 only to go and have to use another wand??? Sorry MAC, I won't be buying this again.
If you like big brush mascaras try the Maybelline volume express line. Another option which is a little dearer is Napoleon's Peep Show mascara. It will give your lashes a very plush thick look. The formula is fibrous so it thickens your individual lashes.

Check out my blog: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/