October 2, 2014 | 1461 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara since MAC discontinued the prolash mascara (which was great by the way), but I've come to the conclusion that this is actually pretty crappy. It gives OK lashes, clumps and at the same time it sheds little pieces over your face as you apply it. I've just been too lazy to look for something better, but I'll be on the hunt from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a dry and ok mascara for me. Nothing special and not worth the money as I think there are better drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by fawnicate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's an ok mascara, but at AU $45, it's not worth it. Definitely does not give anything close to a false lash effect. I did really like the brush but there are so many great less pricey alternatives, I'm going to avoid MAC mascaras in the future

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I bought this while I was at the MAC store looking for something else. I picked it because of the brush and tried it on and liked how it applied. The brush was barely coated so that if you like to layer, you have control, unlike other mascaras that have too much product on the brush and end up clumping the eyelashes. I have used it with the primer and without and what I like about it is that it doesn't sting my eyes, it doesn't flake, and it comes off easily. That's all I want in a mascara. If I want false-lash look I just wear false lashes. The primer helps thicken eyelashes. I'd buy it again if I can't find anything else similar. Not super excited with the price ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LyzR04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only mascara I can use. Every other kind flakes off on my face below. Curl your lashes before, then after and it's amazing. I put 2-4 costs depending upon the look I'm going for. Do thin careful layers and it won't clump at all.

You get what you pay for, if you are expecting to buy awesome makeup at the drugstore, think again. I learned around the time I hit 23.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so, i got a lot of mascaras, in all sorts of brands, from Dior to L'Oréal.
I bought this one thinking that it would make any difference in my collection, but it didn't.
It promises false lashes look, but all i've got was a natural look with no extra volume or length .It just gave me a little bit highlight on my lashes.
The brush is too thick, i get the impression that the mascara isn't properly applied on the lashes because they don't penetrate the brush, at least on mine they just lean on the brush.
I think if the brush were better, the mascara would give better results.
But i have to say that the formula is very light, it doesn't clump too easily.

I would recommend this for anyone who wants a natural look, although the promises of this product are exactly the opposite.

For the price, when you buy a mascara for $21 you expect it to be very good. I do not think the result justifies the price.
My HG mascara continues to be Voluminous Million Lashes. And it is cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Mac False Lashes Extreme Black some months back. This mascara is nothing special. I paid $42 Australian Dollars. For that price I could have almost picked up 3 of my favourite mascara - Maybelline illegal lengths. There is no false lash effect here and I can't say I notice any "extreme blackness". I noticed that it clumps my lashes together, I think this is because the spiral of the bristles around the wand are too far apart. I did dip a different wand into the formula and this improved application. But do you really need to spend $42 only to go and have to use another wand??? Sorry MAC, I won't be buying this again.
If you like big brush mascaras try the Maybelline volume express line. Another option which is a little dearer is Napoleon's Peep Show mascara. It will give your lashes a very plush thick look. The formula is fibrous so it thickens your individual lashes.

Check out my blog: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by muysie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

...If I have to. That's how I feel about this mascara. There's nothing specifically horrific about it except that it does nothing well. The promise of falsies- what a joke! I don't think the effort of putting mascara on is worth it looking like you don't have any on.Will finish it because I'm stingy and hate wasting

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I got this in Artificial Aubergine, a great wine-burgundy color that isn't too purple. I'm always on the lookout for burgundy mascaras and I bought this immediately. My lashes are already long so this mascara helped lengthen them even a bit more. It doesn't do much for volume (it's not a wetter formula like Faux Cils)- for that you just need multiple coats but it's a great hyped-natural mascara and I love the color- I hope it's not LE!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

Such a disappointment! I'm just using this one bvs it's so expensive and i don't want my money to go to waste. It doesn't hurt my eyes or clump or smudge or anything, but it does NOT live up to it's promise. Just a mediocre mascara, maybe it'll work for you if your lashes are already thick and long, but it doesn't mak ANY difference for me. I don't recommend it and won't buy it ever again.