MAC False Lashes

3.6

on 7/23/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I have very thin lashes that go straight down. No curl whatsoever. I picked up and it quickly became my holy grail mascara! After I use an eyelash curler on my lashes, I put on a couple coats and it leaves my lashes super volumized, incredibly long, and the curl holds, ladies! This product leaves ones lashes with a super glam look that can go day to night and never smudges or flakes! I find that it takes about 4 months to dry out, which is pretty normal! Totally worth it, give it a go!

on 7/10/2015 1:15:00 PM

Got this as a sample from my MAC purchase a few weeks ago, absolutely loved it from the minute I put the first coat on my lashes, doesn't leave my lashes clumpy at all, and despite what I've seen a few people say, it doesn't smudge for me. Stays on all day and doesn't flake off (which I always look for in a mascara) and it genuinely makes you look like you have false lashes on (as they have been commented on and I have been asked whether I was wearing falsies). Can't comment on the packaging as I only received a sample, but I will 100% be purchasing the full size!

on 6/30/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I received a sample of this with my Macfan order so cannot remark on the packaging or the price. I thought it was a terrific mascara and I have never been able to say this about a MAC mascara before. It lifted, separated, lengthened and volumized. However it smudged terribly but everything does on me. Back to L'Oreal tubing mascara; if only it worked as well as this one does. I would be happy to repurchase if not for this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried a sample of this and I was really impressed. The classic wand and the perfect formula left my lashes super curled, elongated and beautiful for a long time. It is so easy to brush the lower lashes with this mascara as well. I cried like a baby while trying this out for the first time and it did not flake, smudge or lose its endurance at all. Really great mascara but I would NEVER pay the full size price.

on 5/5/2015 4:32:00 AM

One of my favorite mascaras was MAC Plush Lash, which has since been discontinued; no other MAC mascara has come close. As it had been years since having used a MAC mascara, I decided to try a sample of False Lashes and it doesn't wow me at all. False Lashes makes my long, thin eyelashes longer, thickens them slightly and holds a curl, but volume is the most critical component for me in a mascara and on that level, this one is just barely average. Regardless of how much something costs, "barely average" is hardly a glowing review, but the fact that this costs $22 is ridiculous (also, when did MAC mascaras get to be so pricey???)! There are much better mascaras for $15 less, in the same price range as well as $15 more.

I'll use up my sample, as a product has to be just TERRIBLE for me to do that, but I won't buy this in the full size.

on 4/15/2015 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Why doesn't this mascara get more love? I'm currently using a sample and I love it so far. It lengthens and separates my puny lashes and adds some thickness, although I wouldn't say that it's as volumizing or thickening as Chanel Le Volume. It doesn't flake or smudge, which is pretty impressive for a non-waterproof formula up against my hooded eyelids. Formal is just right and isn't too wet/goopy or thin/dry. Great daytime lengthening mascara, but for more oomph I'm sticking to Chanel Le Volume.

on 4/2/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the applicator and the way this mascara applies. It goes on smooth and makes my lashes look very long and dark (really nice). It's relatively clump free. It didn't irritate my eyes, and it was easy to remove.

The negative is that it smudged underneath one eye after only an hour or so. I might experiment with layering a waterproof mascara or top coat over this and see how it does. But for this product itself, I'd give it a 3/5 and would not repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe this mascara doesn't have a higher rating. This mascara is my HG. I have naturally long and thick lashes but sometimes I want them to really stand out and most mascaras don't do much for me. This mascara really does what it says. It "falsifies" my lashes! I have never worn falsies and never will but I love the feathering effect this mascara gives me! I've gotten multiple compliments and questions about my "falsies" when I wear this! I hope it never gets discontinued!

Got a sample with my MAC order.

Was quite excited to try as I've never tried a MAC mascara before and have heard good things from friends!

I like this mascara, I have the 'Extreme Black' colour and I have to say it is very very very black! Wand is an old school style mascara wand but with more closely packed bristles, application was easy and pleasant!

I don't really have any complaints about this mascara, gives lovely length and doesn't transfer onto lids after wearing it for hours but I feel like the name 'False Lashes' gives the impression this mascara should give volume, which I don't think it does.

A nice mascara that I would be happy to receive as a gift but personally I've used much better 'false lash' effect mascaras for half the price from the drug store so therefore wouldn't purchase it myself!

on 3/4/2015 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nothing special. Doesn't enhance my lashes and doesn't give volume.

Top Rated MAC Products