MAC False Lashes

3.5

on 3/4/2015 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nothing special. Doesn't enhance my lashes and doesn't give volume.

on 2/25/2015 11:56:00 AM

This Mascara is very lengthening, but does not volumize and also isn't very black. If you like a natural look or won't be wearing much makeup, this might be for you but for someone who likes dramatic lashes this just doesn't do enough.

on 2/24/2015 11:51:00 PM

got a sample from Nordstrom and love it! doesn't clump or irritate my eyes, looks fluttery but still fairly natural, I keep reaching for it over my tarte mascara, will purchase!

on 2/19/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this with a Nordstrom order.

It gave my lashes a nice lengthened, feathery look with a little bit of volume. It actually looks perfect for a light makeup day. The brush has natural bristles and is slightly tapered.

However, I think it's too expensive ($22) for both the somewhat minimal effect it gives and to only use it on certain occasions.

on 2/17/2015 7:20:00 PM

One of my favorite mascaras. If length and a feathery look is what you're after then this is it.

on 2/7/2015 4:00:00 PM

This mascara does make my lashes look nice and initially I was happy with it. The problem is, this has the worst lasting power of any mascara I've ever seen. It would just run off throughout the day, I'm not crying, laying down, etc, just a normal day and I will get black smears to my temples and big black blobs under my eyes. It might be workable with a waterproof coating but I really think there are better mascaras out there that won't smear from your brown bone to your temple to your cheekbone.

on 12/27/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i have used most of the MAC mascaras and this has to have been the worst of them all. Its name is deceiptful has it doesnt have any extra volumous effect. it works just as any drugstore mascara. Ok for day look but even its aplication is frustrating as it doesnt dry so fast and it messes on my undereye area and on my eyeshadow if I dont keep perfectly still for 2 minutes, which takes long to fix. It also runs very ugly so make sure you dont cry, get thrown in a pool or kiss under the rain whilst wearing it.

My HG for Mac is still gigalash with extra carbon. I will definately never purchase this again.

on 12/22/2014 6:52:00 PM

This mascara I like. It makes my eyelashes very long and spider like which I love. Only problem is it is a nightmare to take off the only way it will fully come off is if I spend a lot of time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great everyday mascara. I have tried quite a few of MAC's mascaras in the past and have had mixed results. The False Lashes mascara is definitely one of their best.

There are a few things I really love about this mascara:
- The brush is tapered so it reaches all lashes easily and gives good control over how the product is applied
- The formula builds volume easily without being too wet or clumpy (my pet peeves!)
- It layers well

The packaging is very pretty (not essential, but a nice bonus) and for the price I think it's an excellent quality mascara. It works well in one coat for daytime wear and thickens lashes with two coats for night. Works perfect for my fine bottom lashes as well.

Very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

It is quite a decent product even though I can't say it creates a false lash effect. To me it feels more like a regular lengthening mascara. Could not detect any volumizing effect either. On overall it does a good job as it lengthens the eyelashes without making them clumpy. No smudging or fall off. Comes off easily using a regular cleaning product.

Top Rated MAC Products