January 31, 2015 | 962 users online

Mascara - MAC - False Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by oliveH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have used most of the MAC mascaras and this has to have been the worst of them all. Its name is deceiptful has it doesnt have any extra volumous effect. it works just as any drugstore mascara. Ok for day look but even its aplication is frustrating as it doesnt dry so fast and it messes on my undereye area and on my eyeshadow if I dont keep perfectly still for 2 minutes, which takes long to fix. It also runs very ugly so make sure you dont cry, get thrown in a pool or kiss under the rain whilst wearing it.

My HG for Mac is still gigalash with extra carbon. I will definately never purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Emzx

This mascara I like. It makes my eyelashes very long and spider like which I love. Only problem is it is a nightmare to take off the only way it will fully come off is if I spend a lot of time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great everyday mascara. I have tried quite a few of MAC's mascaras in the past and have had mixed results. The False Lashes mascara is definitely one of their best.

There are a few things I really love about this mascara:
- The brush is tapered so it reaches all lashes easily and gives good control over how the product is applied
- The formula builds volume easily without being too wet or clumpy (my pet peeves!)
- It layers well

The packaging is very pretty (not essential, but a nice bonus) and for the price I think it's an excellent quality mascara. It works well in one coat for daytime wear and thickens lashes with two coats for night. Works perfect for my fine bottom lashes as well.

Very pleased with this mascara and would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is quite a decent product even though I can't say it creates a false lash effect. To me it feels more like a regular lengthening mascara. Could not detect any volumizing effect either. On overall it does a good job as it lengthens the eyelashes without making them clumpy. No smudging or fall off. Comes off easily using a regular cleaning product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It looks good, but it's extremely dry. It dried out faster than any mascara I've ever had, and it's too difficult to put on smoothly because of it. Layering is almost impossible. Not worth it. I can easily find a better one that lasts 3 months with daily use. Extended Play and Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Lashes are both way better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara since MAC discontinued the prolash mascara (which was great by the way), but I've come to the conclusion that this is actually pretty crappy. It gives OK lashes, clumps and at the same time it sheds little pieces over your face as you apply it. I've just been too lazy to look for something better, but I'll be on the hunt from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a dry and ok mascara for me. Nothing special and not worth the money as I think there are better drugstore mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by fawnicate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's an ok mascara, but at AU $45, it's not worth it. Definitely does not give anything close to a false lash effect. I did really like the brush but there are so many great less pricey alternatives, I'm going to avoid MAC mascaras in the future

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I bought this while I was at the MAC store looking for something else. I picked it because of the brush and tried it on and liked how it applied. The brush was barely coated so that if you like to layer, you have control, unlike other mascaras that have too much product on the brush and end up clumping the eyelashes. I have used it with the primer and without and what I like about it is that it doesn't sting my eyes, it doesn't flake, and it comes off easily. That's all I want in a mascara. If I want false-lash look I just wear false lashes. The primer helps thicken eyelashes. I'd buy it again if I can't find anything else similar. Not super excited with the price ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LyzR04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only mascara I can use. Every other kind flakes off on my face below. Curl your lashes before, then after and it's amazing. I put 2-4 costs depending upon the look I'm going for. Do thin careful layers and it won't clump at all.

You get what you pay for, if you are expecting to buy awesome makeup at the drugstore, think again. I learned around the time I hit 23.