MAC False Lashes

3.5

on 4/15/2015 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Why doesn't this mascara get more love? I'm currently using a sample and I love it so far. It lengthens and separates my puny lashes and adds some thickness, although I wouldn't say that it's as volumizing or thickening as Chanel Le Volume. It doesn't flake or smudge, which is pretty impressive for a non-waterproof formula up against my hooded eyelids. Formal is just right and isn't too wet/goopy or thin/dry. Great daytime lengthening mascara, but for more oomph I'm sticking to Chanel Le Volume.

on 4/2/2015 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the applicator and the way this mascara applies. It goes on smooth and makes my lashes look very long and dark (really nice). It's relatively clump free. It didn't irritate my eyes, and it was easy to remove.

The negative is that it smudged underneath one eye after only an hour or so. I might experiment with layering a waterproof mascara or top coat over this and see how it does. But for this product itself, I'd give it a 3/5 and would not repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe this mascara doesn't have a higher rating. This mascara is my HG. I have naturally long and thick lashes but sometimes I want them to really stand out and most mascaras don't do much for me. This mascara really does what it says. It "falsifies" my lashes! I have never worn falsies and never will but I love the feathering effect this mascara gives me! I've gotten multiple compliments and questions about my "falsies" when I wear this! I hope it never gets discontinued!

Got a sample with my MAC order.

Was quite excited to try as I've never tried a MAC mascara before and have heard good things from friends!

I like this mascara, I have the 'Extreme Black' colour and I have to say it is very very very black! Wand is an old school style mascara wand but with more closely packed bristles, application was easy and pleasant!

I don't really have any complaints about this mascara, gives lovely length and doesn't transfer onto lids after wearing it for hours but I feel like the name 'False Lashes' gives the impression this mascara should give volume, which I don't think it does.

A nice mascara that I would be happy to receive as a gift but personally I've used much better 'false lash' effect mascaras for half the price from the drug store so therefore wouldn't purchase it myself!

on 3/4/2015 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nothing special. Doesn't enhance my lashes and doesn't give volume.

on 2/25/2015 11:56:00 AM

This Mascara is very lengthening, but does not volumize and also isn't very black. If you like a natural look or won't be wearing much makeup, this might be for you but for someone who likes dramatic lashes this just doesn't do enough.

on 2/24/2015 11:51:00 PM

got a sample from Nordstrom and love it! doesn't clump or irritate my eyes, looks fluttery but still fairly natural, I keep reaching for it over my tarte mascara, will purchase!

on 2/19/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this with a Nordstrom order.

It gave my lashes a nice lengthened, feathery look with a little bit of volume. It actually looks perfect for a light makeup day. The brush has natural bristles and is slightly tapered.

However, I think it's too expensive ($22) for both the somewhat minimal effect it gives and to only use it on certain occasions.

on 2/17/2015 7:20:00 PM

One of my favorite mascaras. If length and a feathery look is what you're after then this is it.

on 2/7/2015 4:00:00 PM

This mascara does make my lashes look nice and initially I was happy with it. The problem is, this has the worst lasting power of any mascara I've ever seen. It would just run off throughout the day, I'm not crying, laying down, etc, just a normal day and I will get black smears to my temples and big black blobs under my eyes. It might be workable with a waterproof coating but I really think there are better mascaras out there that won't smear from your brown bone to your temple to your cheekbone.