April 17, 2014 | 1643 users online

Foundations - Christian Dior - Nude Compact Gel - Natural Glow Creme-Gel makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by farouha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why this product has so poor reviews? This is my HG foundation I bought it by mistake and I am glad I did!
It is very easy to blend ,buildable gives you No makeup look and feels very light on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find compact makeups quite inconvenient to use. I had troubles to blend it onto the skin with the sponge that came with it. A foundation brush didnt work either. So I ended up puting it on with the sponge and blending it in with my fingers.
It looked nice and natural, didnt crease at all. It just took me much more time applying it than a regular liquid product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Two of Dior's foundations - Forever Flawless and Nude Skin - are among my HGs. So when I wanted a compact foundation for my purse that I could use for quick touch-ups, I thought this would be perfect. Unfortunately, not only was that a mistake, it was an expensive one at that. This just isn't worth fifty bucks. (And I say that as someone who will spend a small fortune on foundation if it's good enough.)

Partly it just wasn't right for my combo skin - I went from dewy to shiny to oily in about ninety minutes. No doubt this would be nice on someone with drier skin than mine. But the coverage itself was unexceptional. The point of "nude" makeup is that it looks natural and naked while still covering your flaws. Which is what I got from liquid Nude Skin. But this didn't do much for me at all. And I don't even need full coverage, as I have pretty good skin.

All in all, I'm sorry I bought it. I would advise women with combo skin to try in advance if possible, because there are better uses of your money than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Eve121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the DiorNude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup liquid foundation, so I had high expectations of the Creme-Gel compact. I wanted the compact for quicker application on lazy days.

This compact foundation is gel textured when applied, but dries down powdery upon contact with the skin. It has a more satiny, soft-focus finish than the liquid version (more glowy), and is easier to apply. However, this foundation definitely accentuates dry patches or flakiness, so people with problem skin might not like it. This foundation will only look 'natural' on those who already have relatively good skin. It lasts about 4-5 hours on my combination skin, without setting with powder.

So far, it hasn't irritated my very sensitive skin. (Armani's Luminous Silk foundation, Armani's BB Creme, and DiorNude liquid foundation are the only other bases that don't irritate my skin).

I hope they come out with more shades, as it is not currently available in 11 CREME, which is my perfect shade, so I am currently using 10 IVORY which is still a good match when applied thinly.

Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder! I like the cream/gel to powder consistency. It comes with a two sided sponge, one for more natural coverage, and one for a fuller coverage. The case isn't the greatest but I love the product. I use a foundation brush to apply it. It is a fairly natural coverage but it does cover well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It was very annoying to constantly flip up the clear sponge tray to apply the makeup while looking in the mirror. Very poor design.

It goes on nice and is easy to blend but sadly, the day after I bought it I woke up with a huge cyst on my cheek, near my mouth. This is unusual for me so I know it was this makeup.

I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I actually like this foundation. I didn't want to like it because of the quantity for the price but 5.0 matches my MAC NC43 complextion. It is a touch too dark but blends perfectly when set with powder. It is long lasting and I've never felt or looked better with this, concealer and powder. I'm a happy girl and so glad I decided to get Dior a try! Oh, and my very acne prone skin likes it too! Yippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the third time I have edited my review for this make up! You see, it was expensive and I refuse to stop trying it so I can justify the cost! The first time I tried this I loved it, it gave beautiful, light coverage and a very pretty, understated glow. But I felt that with time, it didn't stay on very well and became oily. I stuck with it, and actually now I love it again. I have been wearing it in the hot summer and I think it must have been the moisturizer I was using underneath it, because with a less greasy moisturizer it stays very well, and with some tinted dermablend finishing powder, it's really a beautiful finish. Very natural and understated, it doesn't emphasize any wrinkles or pores, gives a soft healthy look while leaving some freckles and flaws visible so that it doesn't look like your wearing anything. I have actually bought another one...something I don't do very often.

I apply it over a very light, non greasy moisturizer, I have been using one by Vichy, using a beauty blender. You don't need much, it just gives a nice polished look. And I have reapplied during the day without it looking any heavier.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Mehhh, not that impressed. I should have known that this compact foundation may have a waxy sort of feel to it, and it does. Somehow it manages to feel powdery and waxy at the same time and it has crappy staying power almost like it never fully sets. I am learning very quickly that creme foundations are not for me soooo back to liquid and mineral powder I go. Sorry Dior, you win some you lose some :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
i have brown skin with yellow tones. it is normally hard for me to find the right shade when it comes to foundations...especially when the line isnt geared towards dark skin. when i saw that they only had a small shade selection, i didnt think they would have one for me. when i asked the SA if they had a shade for my skin tone and she recommended "dark beige"..i thought to myself r u kidding me?? however when i tried it on it turned out to be a perfect match!! so kudos to Dior for including shades for dark skin in their line

it covers well. i have moderate hyperpigmentation and this foundation alone covers the marks very well. no concealer needed. you can definitely build it up to get full coverage

makes my face look very smooth but not overly made up

CONS:
expensive- i paid 46.00 for it

has a lot of fragrance in it (im terrified that it will start breaking me out)

i dont like how the lid for the sponge is on the top of the foundation instead of the bottom..its a little weird

getting this makeup off can be a real chore..you will need to use a very good makeup remover prior to cleansing your face

not mattifying. ladies with oily skin should probaly set this with an oil control powder