November 27, 2014 | 1011 users online

Foundations - Christian Dior - Nude Compact Gel - Natural Glow Creme-Gel makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a good compact foundation, not great, but very good. I love the Diorskin Nude liquid foundation and use it on a regular basis, but it's not great for travel, so I picked this up for a trip to Hong Kong.

I'll give you the negatives to start:

1) The 020 in the compact is MUCH darker than the 020 in the liquid format. Since I was using the compact during the summer, I'll let that slide, but I would never normally pick a foundation color that dark.

2) The compact lasted only about two months, which is waaaaay less time than the liquid foundation (I can squeeze nearly a year of use out of the liquid foundation). They should either charge much less for the compact or give you a lot more product. I have an inkling I paid a lot for the packaging, which is admittedly very pretty, but still. Also, I'd say the wear time is about 5 hours.

3) The coverage is pretty light. I would say it comes close to medium coverage, but maxes out at light coverage. This is not great for covering acne, acne scars or moles/freckles, but it will even out your skin tone.

On the other hand, these are the positives:

1) Extremely easy to travel with. Handy, pretty, sturdy packaging. It comes in a silver rectangular compact with a mirror and a plastic piece that protects the foundation from the mirror and gives you an area for the sponge. It clicks shut and I never had a problem with it popping open in my bag. The mirror is also a usable sized one.

2) Very easy to use. Just swipe onto sponge and swipe all over face. It gives a lovely even coverage with a satin finish, the kind that looks natural since I HATE obvious foundation. You'll look put together, but not made-up. I also used it to cover my dark circles (they're not horrible, but noticeable when I ake up) and it worked well enough that I didn't feel the need to use concealer.

3) Smells good, feels good, doesn't break me out. I like the moist gel feel of the foundation. It's not moisturizing, but I didn't have problems with it drying out my skin or making it an oil-slick. It feels like gel if you touch it on your face.

Overall, not something I'm dying to repurchase, but I'll keep it in mind for business trips or vacations. It's not a bad compact to have on hand since it's so nifty and pretty to look at.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by FloralPTN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am quite disappointed with this product. It doesn't blend well with my skin as the powder is not very refined compared to MAC foundation I used. The packaging is almost ridiculous as the clear plastic layer is always an obstacle when I try to look at the compact's mirror while applying the foundation to my face. I have sensitive skin with drier cheeks and this foundation is not moisturing enough for the face. I am not going to buy it again any more. In fact I am wondering if I can sell the 90% new compact I am using now to someone who likes it for a low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by farouha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why this product has so poor reviews? This is my HG foundation I bought it by mistake and I am glad I did!
It is very easy to blend ,buildable gives you No makeup look and feels very light on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find compact makeups quite inconvenient to use. I had troubles to blend it onto the skin with the sponge that came with it. A foundation brush didnt work either. So I ended up puting it on with the sponge and blending it in with my fingers.
It looked nice and natural, didnt crease at all. It just took me much more time applying it than a regular liquid product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Two of Dior's foundations - Forever Flawless and Nude Skin - are among my HGs. So when I wanted a compact foundation for my purse that I could use for quick touch-ups, I thought this would be perfect. Unfortunately, not only was that a mistake, it was an expensive one at that. This just isn't worth fifty bucks. (And I say that as someone who will spend a small fortune on foundation if it's good enough.)

Partly it just wasn't right for my combo skin - I went from dewy to shiny to oily in about ninety minutes. No doubt this would be nice on someone with drier skin than mine. But the coverage itself was unexceptional. The point of "nude" makeup is that it looks natural and naked while still covering your flaws. Which is what I got from liquid Nude Skin. But this didn't do much for me at all. And I don't even need full coverage, as I have pretty good skin.

All in all, I'm sorry I bought it. I would advise women with combo skin to try in advance if possible, because there are better uses of your money than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Eve121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the DiorNude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup liquid foundation, so I had high expectations of the Creme-Gel compact. I wanted the compact for quicker application on lazy days.

This compact foundation is gel textured when applied, but dries down powdery upon contact with the skin. It has a more satiny, soft-focus finish than the liquid version (more glowy), and is easier to apply. However, this foundation definitely accentuates dry patches or flakiness, so people with problem skin might not like it. This foundation will only look 'natural' on those who already have relatively good skin. It lasts about 4-5 hours on my combination skin, without setting with powder.

So far, it hasn't irritated my very sensitive skin. (Armani's Luminous Silk foundation, Armani's BB Creme, and DiorNude liquid foundation are the only other bases that don't irritate my skin).

I hope they come out with more shades, as it is not currently available in 11 CREME, which is my perfect shade, so I am currently using 10 IVORY which is still a good match when applied thinly.

Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder! I like the cream/gel to powder consistency. It comes with a two sided sponge, one for more natural coverage, and one for a fuller coverage. The case isn't the greatest but I love the product. I use a foundation brush to apply it. It is a fairly natural coverage but it does cover well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It was very annoying to constantly flip up the clear sponge tray to apply the makeup while looking in the mirror. Very poor design.

It goes on nice and is easy to blend but sadly, the day after I bought it I woke up with a huge cyst on my cheek, near my mouth. This is unusual for me so I know it was this makeup.

I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

I actually like this foundation. I didn't want to like it because of the quantity for the price but 5.0 matches my MAC NC43 complextion. It is a touch too dark but blends perfectly when set with powder. It is long lasting and I've never felt or looked better with this, concealer and powder. I'm a happy girl and so glad I decided to get Dior a try! Oh, and my very acne prone skin likes it too! Yippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the third time I have edited my review for this make up! You see, it was expensive and I refuse to stop trying it so I can justify the cost! The first time I tried this I loved it, it gave beautiful, light coverage and a very pretty, understated glow. But I felt that with time, it didn't stay on very well and became oily. I stuck with it, and actually now I love it again. I have been wearing it in the hot summer and I think it must have been the moisturizer I was using underneath it, because with a less greasy moisturizer it stays very well, and with some tinted dermablend finishing powder, it's really a beautiful finish. Very natural and understated, it doesn't emphasize any wrinkles or pores, gives a soft healthy look while leaving some freckles and flaws visible so that it doesn't look like your wearing anything. I have actually bought another one...something I don't do very often.

I apply it over a very light, non greasy moisturizer, I have been using one by Vichy, using a beauty blender. You don't need much, it just gives a nice polished look. And I have reapplied during the day without it looking any heavier.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No