Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Cream Cleanser

3.1

on 3/7/2015 3:47:00 PM

A classic product from Elizabeth Arden - I held off trying it because I was wedded to my Visible Difference Oil-Free Cleanser but I'm glad I bought it.

It's already one of the best - if not the best - cleanser I have ever used.

It has a creamy consistency and is quite rich with a slight woody scent (from Patchouli oil I gather) and you only need the tiniest pea sized amounts. It is peach toned and very soothing and non drying because it's so moisturizing.

And it does the job efficiently and very effectively - my skin is always left soft, smooth and glowing.

I can definitely see an improvement in my skin over time and I won't be changing my cleanser again any time soon.

Somewhat shocked by the less positive reviews but perhaps this product - as with all skin care - might not be right for those skins. Its certainly a high end product of quality. But I would pitch it for anyone over 30 as it really keeps the skin looking fresh and elastic.

Another classic product from a classic brand of distinction

on 1/24/2015 9:52:00 AM

I buy a lot of EA products and am always coming home with free gifts and samples. As a result I have several tubes of this that I am trying to finish.

This is a thick beige-pink cream which can be difficult to squeeze out of the tube. It is scented and I do find the fragrance to be strong and unpleasant.

I apply this to dry skin and massage for 30 seconds or so then remove with a damp microfiber cloth. I have to repeat this several times in order to remove all of my makeup.

The color of the product is problematic too. I can't see what makeup I have removed as it is a similar color to my foundation. I can only tell afterwards that there is makeup remaining when I use a toner. So then I have to reapply the cleanser and take it off again.

For reference I have dry skin on my cheeks and undereye area and very oily nose and chin.

This cleanser also dries my skin out a little so I won't be buying this. I will continue to use it up until all tubes are finished but I will not purchase a full size.

on 8/5/2014 3:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is an ultra creamy face wash suitable for dry skin. This does include fragrance and smells like sweet melon and chamomile flowers. This soap does not seem to lather either wich I found odd. I doubt that this will remedie dry skin by itself since it wont stay on long enough to yet it wont hurt.

on 6/2/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is suppose to be for dry skin, but I find it works well with my highly sensitive combo skin. I can't take foaming cleansers, and it's so hard to find a true cream cleanser these days. The scent hasn't caused me any problems, and it removes makeup very well. The only downside is the price. I rotate this with other less expensive cleansers to keep the cost down.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is seriously disgusting. It smells foul and it leaves a weird residue behind on your face. I hate this and would recommend this to no one.

on 5/30/2011 6:28:00 AM

I don't use this at night as I don't think it's good for removing sunscreen,makeup or anything much really. So I only use this in the mornings as my skin is driest then due to my air conditioning and there isn't much for me to clean off anyway. It's great for me in the mornings as it really doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry and leaves it nice and soft. Overall, you can get something similar/better for much less so don't bother with this!

ok i am hesitantly writing this review. either this or the elizabeth arden 8 hour cream was too much for my skin and it dried it up in a bad reaction type way. i REALLY hope it wa the 8 hour cream becausi loved this cleanser!!!!!my skin looked so healthy and plumped after using it!i will continue to use this week and post the results!

ok no i tried again and it does nothing for my skin, and like other reviews on here i found it doesnt remove makeup well at all, my boots own cleanser is by far better, dissapointed

on 5/13/2010 5:45:00 PM

At first when i tried thsi product, i did not like it at all, felt like it just melted into my skin and did nothing. But my sister likes it and swears by it all the time. One day i ran out of my cleanser and i needed something tha tis moisturizing enough to use with my clarisonic brush. I used this cleanser only because i had nothing else, and for some reason, it worked really well. I ended up finishing the whole tube. I find that it works better when your skin is moist, but not wet. I use about a dimes amount, and just apply that straight onto my clarisonic, and then use it all over my face. It makes my face really soft and clean afterwards, with no sticky/oily feeling and is very moisturizing. I recommend this cleanser for anyone that has a clarisonic brush and neeeds a moisture-rich cleanser. Picked this up at a warehouse sale, so it was not full price.

on 3/29/2010 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a pretty large tube of this as a GWP and I do not like it at all.

1) does not remove makeup very well - I had to follow with a regular cleanser (whats the point then?)

2) OVERLY fragranced. It irritated my skin.

I really do not recommend. I will be giving this away.

on 1/2/2009 10:08:00 AM

For me it's a pretty good cleanser when my skin feels most dry during cold and humid winter in Taipei. Most of cleansers just make my skin drier after wash in such season, but this one leaves it moisturized and soft.
I don't have problems removing make-up with this cleaser, because I always use cream cleansers after I remove my make-up with Shiseido Elixir make-up cleansing oil.