April 17, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Cannieqi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No "Wow factor" from this mascara unfourtantly. Not that much volume, clumped on me, and was not buildable at all sadly. So if you are looking for a voluminous mascara that is buildable, this is not for you. Did not smudge tho, so ill give it 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent mascara. Provides volume, length, separation, clump-free application, dark color, and no smudging or flaking. I have absolutely no complaints about this product.
The overall effect is somewhere between 'natural' and 'dramatic' but it leans a bit more toward 'dramatic'. Polished and glamorous without being too overdone.
Love this and would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kissyxface

Got a sample of this from Sephora... Though i like this mascara for an everyday natural look... I cant justify the price tag. Esp when theres many cheaper alternatives. Overall- great product, but not worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by gizmorules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally LOVE Laura Mercier products but this is just 'ok'. The pros - no clumping, no smearing, nice for sensitive eyes, small wand that lets you get to the small corner lashes. Cons - formula is 'skimpy', doesn't build well at all and I have to layer it with another mascara to get a good effect, does not hold a curl, too expensive for being 'meh'. Will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara gives me a moderate amount of volume, perhaps just slightly less than original DiorShow. It doesn't flake at all on me, even after a 13-hour day, and it doesn't run when I tear up ( allergy eyes), or smudge, even when worn on bottom lashes. The color is black, but not an overly intense black ( like EL Sumptuous). The brush is traditional-bristle-style, not pokey silicone, and is of moderate size. I do have a little bit of trouble getting the tip of the brush onto my outermost upper lashes without hitting the bottom ones.At two months' use, I'm starting to get just a little bit of clumping sometimes at the tips of my lashes. When new, this mascara was not a very wet one, so I feel it's holding up well to near-daily use. Packaging-wise, I really like it. The squared-off edges of the tube make this mascara so easy to grip while juggling a cat in my lap. That's a small detail, but it's little things like that which get me out the door faster in the mornings. Doesn't irritate my contacts. I will repurchase, and I recommend .

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Laura Mercier's Full Blown Volume is a wonderful mascara, and one of the few department store mascaras I've repurchased over the years. It's easy to apply, never clumps, and is noticeable without appearing overly dramatic.

My favorite thing about this mascara is the slight navy blue tint that shows up in natural light. The blue-black color really makes eyes pop in a subtle way. This is a great product for women who prefer a subtle, polished look.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by terrortwigg

I got this mascara as a part of my 500point gift at Sephora, and honestly wasn't too excited to try it, I was perfectly happy with my CG Lashblast. Anyways, as fate would have it, I was traveling when I got the Laura Mercier sample-pack and I had forgot my CG Lashblast at home! So I gave it a go. And wow. This stuff is legit. It gives beautiful volume, with a bit of length. Lashes are separated, but not spidery. My favorite thing about this is that, while it is buildable, you get incredible results with very little product. After three or four swipes over my lashes they look like 10 swipes of the CG mascara, only neater!! It can get clumpy as it builds up, but it's really easy to comb out with a lash comb or clean spoolie. I've never been a believer in high end mascara but this is really great, and I will absolutely buy a full size. As far as smudging goes, I have dry eyelids so it wasn't a huge issue. I did get a bit of smudging under my eyes, but it's fairly easy to control with some Painterly paint pot or eyeshadow primer.

Only con is that the stopper came out on my deluxe sample size, so the wand got a little product build up on it. I got the stopper back in and everything, but it's still loose and I have to be gentle taking the wand out. As long as the full size doesn't do that I can see myself repurchasing this many times.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definitely torn on this one. I love the way that this makes my lashes look, but it smudges! I got the mini version of this mascara as a gift from the laura mercier counter and it gives my lashes the perfect volume, no spider effect and no clumping. But after a few hours I notice a dark shadow under my eyes from the smudging (which is the worst because it makes me look like I have terrible undereye circles). I'm going to try experimenting with some translucent powder on my lashes before applying the mascara to see if that helps, because besides for the problematic smudging, this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really pleased with this mascara. It adds definition, separation, and moderate volume & length with minimal clumps. The formula is a great consistency, it's not too thick or too thin.
It also passed my "yawn test". It does not run at all even when my eyes tear up! After wearing it for many hours, you may see a couple small flakes, but nothing really noticeable. It removes easily with soap and water.
I think the name is rather misleading because the volume is on the subtle side and not very dramatic. Personally I dislike the heavily painted eyelash look, so I was very happy with the results this mascara gave me.
I used to wear Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara but was looking for something a bit more noticeable, and this was the perfect replacement!
Hopefully the tube won't dry out prematurely since it was fairly pricey at $24.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a real sleeper hit for me. I don't buy a lot of Laura Mercier. I love her mineral foundation but that's about it. I got a sample of this from sephora and I cannot believe how wonderfully it held up. My wimpy lashes were volumized without being clumpy, the tube took a long time to dry out and it consistently worked really well for me. This is very unusual for me and this is one of my favorites. I ended up buying the full size and had the same experience. I am surprised that this mascara isn't more talked about, it is really good.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No