July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Mascara - Paul & Joe - Mascara Primer Duo

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by cpramsey54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. I see no difference in my lashes and the fibers keep falling into my eyes. My eyes water constantly while this is on (I actually had water running down my cheeks). Another complaint I have is there are no guidelines as to how to use this product. While I'm thankful for Makeup Alley and the direction from other reviewers, there should be more information from the vendor. I'm glad it's working for others, but I'm really disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by wktse1

This is the best mascara I have tried. I have really oil skin under eye. This mascara does not smudge and very easy to clean, they clump together and washed off. The best ever, I have tried other mascara ANNA SUI, Clinique, Maybelline, RMK,, they melted and made me skin irritated and hard to wash off. Paul & Joe is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by catrinks

OMG why dosent this primer have a cult following??? I just received mine and tried it out its awesome i have never had eyelashes like this long they almost touch my brows. I did screw up the first eye by putting the curler on before the volume and wound up with red itchy eyes but i came and read the other ladies posts to see what i did wrong sure enough i did volume the curl and bamm instant long lashes. Other primers dont hold a candle to this the only bad part is there is no stores in Jersey that sell Paul & Joe if your ready for a new primer give this a shot it wont dissapoint

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by DANED

MASCARA IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR A WOMAN S BEAUTY I THINK.I HAVE TRY MANY OF THEM BUT I UNDERSTOOD THAT A GOOD PRIMER MAKES THE RESULTS MORE DRAMATIC.I HAVE TRY THE FAMUS SHISEIDO S ,LANCOME S AND ANNA SUI S BUT I WANTED TO TRY THIS ONE TO HAVE A COMPLETE IMAGE .AND YES!!!!!ITS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE .AT FIRST I WASNT SO EXCITED BUT AFTER 3-4 USES(MAYBE BECAUSE I FOUND THE RIGHT WAY AND IT BECAME LITTLE DRY AND MADE IT BETTER LIKE THIS)THE RESULTS WERE AMAIZING!!!!!!!!!!I PUT FIRST THE VOLUME PART(IT ADDS SMALL FIBERS)AND THEN I USE THE OTHER SIDE WHICH HAS SMALL BRISTALS CAUGHTING ONE BY ONE ALL OF MY LASHES AND CURLS THEM SO BEAUTIFULY!!EVEN WITHOUT MASCARA ,ONLY WITH THIS 2SIDE PRIMER ,I HAVE VOLUMIZED AND CURLED EYELASHES LIKE I AM WEARING THE BEST MASCARA.I PUT AFTER THE PRIMER MY FAVORITE ANNA SUI VOLUME UP MASCARA AND ONLY ONE COAT..........AND I HAVE THE BEST RESULTS,LIKE I AM WEARING FALSE EYELASHES!!EVERYBODY AROUND ME ASKING ME IF I HAVE FALSIES,HA HA HA.THE BEST OF ALL ITS THAT THEY LOOKS NOT MADE UP OR CLUMPING.TRUST ME,YOU MUST TRY THIS ONE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT,SO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE TRY UNTIL NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Never before have I been tempted to post Before and After pictures of myself...but this primer duo is so spectacular I'll probably post the proof! I have short, thin, straight eyelashes and if I don't wear mascara I look like a fish. I use mascaras that give most people a "false eyelash look" just so I can GET an "eyelash look". I've tried many, many lash primers and I usually have success with them for achieving a pretty lash look. But this Paul & Joe Primer Duo is off the chart. The big difference between this and other primers, for me, is that mascara needs to be layered over primers to cover the whiteness or dimming of the primer. In my experience prior to this, clear primers were ineffective, but the white ones worked; they just needed to be covered completely with black. In every case, after layering primer, then mascara, it was impossible not to notice the mascara on my lashes. Even when mascaras separate my lashes well, there's no way anyone would ever think I'm not wearing mascara. This primer is magic...because somehow I get the most gorgeous, long, curly natural-looking lashes, but they don't look "made up"! After curling my top lashes with my Shu curler, I use the "volumizing" end of this primer duo on both my upper and lower lashes. This end contains a white primer in which fibers are blended. They are similar to the "lash fibers" that can be purchased separately under brands like Alcone, Tweezerman, Make Up For Ever, etc. However, these fibers are of a finer, softer consistency than any I've tried before. The white primer, which is clear on lashes, binds the fibers perfectly. Other brands of lash fibers have been too thick for my lashes, making my lashes look like fuzzy globs of coagulated ink are stuck to their tips. The fibers in Paul & Joe are fine and fluffy, so they create a beautiful "feathery" look. After applying the "volumizing" side of the tube, I apply the "curling" side on my top lashes only. This part of the primer serves to cleanly separate and elongate my lashes while forming and holding the curl. It dries to a soft, springy texture. Even though the primer duo is clear, my lashes look pretty good at this point. But then I add my mascara. One coat. ONE coat! Currently I'm using Mally Volumizing Waterproof Mascara, which is a deep, rich black. Too many coats of this can look really bad, but my usual two coats looks just right. Except with this primer duo, I need only ONE coat, and my lashes look incredible! They look like "real" eyelashes, not clumps of tar, or made up lashes with weird furry lumps. I wish I could take out a huge ad somewhere to let people know about this primer! So many of us are frustrated with our lashes, I want them to be able to know about this! I hope lots of you get a chance to try this, and I hope you love it as much as I do!