July 28, 2014 | 1034 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by snowpixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have very oily skin and i find it really helps to clear up my acne (which comes with having oily skin). I always wanted to buy the clarisonic Mia but it was always out of my price range then i wet to a shoppers drug mart and this caught my eye. i thought that it was too good to be true but i bought it anyways. I opened the box and it had a exfoliating sample sized gel! i was so happy and to make it even better they provided batteries(which some products don't). i really love that its waterproof so you can use it in the shower. after i was my face with i always feel so clean. i usually save using that system for last so i wipe my face with makeup remover wipes, cleansed it and used a scrub and realized i still had make up on my face after all that because the system started taking it off as well as cleaned and exfoliating my skin it was amazing! it has two modes one is gentler the other is a little rougher but not so rough it will irritate your skin. sop if you are looking for a clarisonic mia but don't hav enough money or in my mind something beter then spring for this product its amazing!:P ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie321

I just got this but WOW! I just used it, and my skin instantly feels smoother, it lathers up my cleanser nicely, and it lightened my redness; all in one use!! I can't imagine the results I'll get after a month!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had been squirreling away a little here and there to treat myself to a Clarisonic (as my handle here would imply, I'm definitely a budget-conscious kinda gal these days).

In my excitement, I went to YouTube and watched several vidoes about "Olay Pro X vs Clarisonic." Of course, I had no way of knowing what the outcome of these videos would be but I assumed it would be pro Clarisonic.

Well, I was wrong. I watched about half a dozen videos, and most of the vloggers doing the comparison owned both and in the end preferred their Olay Pro X. One said she actually did go ahead and purchase a Clarisonic after loving the Olay Pro X only because she figured as great as the Olay Pro X was for her problem skin, the Clarisonic might be even better.

Hanging my head, I decided to put off my Clarisonic purchase and go with the Olay Pro X system. I've been using it a week now and I'm amazed at the difference it has made in my skin. I had started using Olay 7 Total effects a couple of months before I purchased the machine and my skin looks even better after 1 week with the Olay Pro X and Total Effects than it's looked in years. It even gets into all of the little crevices around the nose very thoroughly. My serums and moisturizer completely absorb almost immediately into my skin rather than portions of it feeling like it just sits on top of my skin. The little tube of exfoliating cleanser that it comes with seems to work really well, too (but I think I'll stick with my Suki exfoliating cleanser because I love the lemony scent and get great results from it).

All in all, I'd advise anyone saving up to treat themselves to a Clarisonic as I was to go ahead and give this system a try first (and to check YouTube for comparison videos, as I did, lots of great honest reviews out there). I think for many of us this may not only accomplish the same thing a Clarisonic would accomplish, but I also saved about $125 that I can now use on other necessities...Like adding to my enormous lip gloss collection or a new bag).

Great product, Olay...Well done!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System, which is about the same as the one listed, just with three speeds on the brush and another foam head for microdermabrasion.

I LOVE THIS. I wasn't really looking to buy the Clarisonic, but now that I've started using the this I'm reconsidering considering a Clarisonic. This brush gives me a really good clean, and I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of make up still left on my face even after I've used a makeup remover. My face has improved dramatically since I started using this brush. I can see my pores cleaning themelves out, which is always a good thing!

I use it only at night to avoid over-exfoliating, and I do use it in the showers, despite what others may say about it being 'water resistant' instead of 'water proof'. Have not eletro-shocked myself yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Tenerifebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this item for my birthday with a £50 Amazon voucher that was given to me from my In Laws. After reading the readings I was really excited about receiving this, as I am normally a very naughty person when it comes to cleaning my face (baby wipes to wipe off my makeup ... IF THAT... most of the time I sleep in my makeup! Make up gurus would absolutely hate me!) So I am currently pregnant with my 2nd Child and know that soon I am not going to have time to put make up on in the morning so I guess I best properly start looking after my skin. I was eyeing up the Clarisonic but the price didnít appeal to me, so when I saw this Olay with the glowing reviews I instantly bought it! I absolutely adore this product, I am not one known for breakouts but it really has made my skin look brighter and healthier, even without make up on. Normally I can not walk out the front door without foundation but how well and clear this item leaves my skin is incredible :) I actually find it quite fun brushing my face, kind of look forward to washing my face in the evening :) saying that I donít know how long the novelty of doing that will stay but regardless it is a good product and left me with that satisfied feeling that I had invested my birthday money on a good item instead of a rubbish impulsive buy like I normally do :) GO AND BUY IT NOW :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by bamberson

I love love love this brush! I, like so many others, wanted to buy the Clarisonic brush but didn't want to dish out $200 when Olay had a device that essentially does the same thing for a fraction of the cost. Here is a little background info on my skin to before I talk about how amazing the Olay Pro-X brush is. My skin is fairly clear in terms of acne with major flair ups on my chin/mouth area only around my time of the month. BUT, I do have these very pesky clogged pores that look like tiny flesh-colored bumps across my face, mainly on my cheek area.

I've been using the Olay brush for about 5 weeks now and it has done wonders for my complexion! The brush comes with a exfoliating cleanser which I use about once a week but other than that I use my own cleanser,once in the morning and once in the evening, that I have been using for about half a year. The Olay brush seriously stepped up the effectiveness of my cleanser. My skin is soooo soft and smooth now and my makeup goes on 10x better than before. I've been getting compliments on how clear my skin looks from friends and family which is a great self-esteem booster!

Also, the power of this brush to take off any additional makeup that has been left behind is absolutely phenomenal! I use a makeup wipe to get my makeup off before washing my face every night but the Olay brush takes it a step further. After using the brush in the evening I can see all the makeup left behind in the bristles of the brush. Here is a tip: make sure you put your product on your face and lather a bit first rather than putting the product directly onto the brush. The brush itself is water proof so you can use it in the shower and comes with 2 speeds. I used the slower speed the first few days of using the brush so that my skin could become adjusted to the bristles and not become irritated but now I use the faster speed. I definitely would recommend this brush for anyone looking to step up their cleansing system and to get rid of clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by MymyD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to buy the Clarisonic, but read a lot of reviews from people telling how their skin couldn't handle it, because it was too harsh. Didnt want to take the risk of spending $200 and my skin not able to take it. I decided to buy the Olay pro x first, since it is for sale for a pretty decent price :) I must say, I super love it! The brush is really soft and small so you can reach every angle in your face, even nose etc. I don't think I can use it everyday, every other day is a better option. Only downside is the fact that it isn't chargeble, it's 2014, we don't like AA batteries anymore ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hopetabur

I LOVE this so so so so so much! It is so much more effective than washing with my hands. I got this as a Christmas present about 2 years ago from my mum and apparently it only costs $20. Ever since I've started using it, people compliment me and ask me how I get such clear skin. This brush can be used with any soap, but slightly exfoliating soap does tend to give me a better result. I don't know if I could ever go back to washing my face with my hands. :3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Michellie555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about a week now and so far I really like it. I bought this because I was contemplating buying the Clarisonic, but was still a little skeptical. I thought that i would buy something similar to see if it made adifference and if it did i would purchase the Clarisonic and this product did make a difference. I love this brush it was well worth the money. I have even recommended it to many of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cassidihess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a post somewhere of 'Things Every Woman In Her 20's Should Own' and the Clarisonic was at the top of the list. The description sounded magical, but let's get real - what woman in her twenties has $200 to drop on a face brush?

That's where the Olay Pro-X comes in. Everything I've read says it's identical to the Clarisonic, and at nearly a tenth of the price, it's more than worth it. I've been using it consistently every day for a couple of months and my skin is incredible.

I went on vacation for a week and didn't take it with me, and I swear I could feel a difference in my skin. It felt more rough, more dry, just overall dirtier.

The other great thing about this product is that it makes skincare FUN. I hate to admit it, but at 22 I've really never even bothered taking my makeup off at night. But now that I get this fun little gadget to play with, you can bet your bottom dollar I wash my face religiously, morning and night.