October 20, 2014 | 1929 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skin effects by Dr. Jeffrey Dover - Cell 2 Cell (CNS) Cellular Nutrient Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having no results just using a primer under makeup, I was looking for a primer that had some good skin ingredients.
Cell 2 Cell is a newer product line but fortunately there was one excellent product review here, so I bought it.
It makes my face very smooth without any irritation and I use it under sunscreen and tinted moisturizer with great results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I spotted the Skin Effects line @ CVS due to the cool looking packaging. This line boarders along the mid to high end range for drugstore products. The products range for $7.00 to $30.00. Ever since my Esthetician told me the reason why my skin is rough and bumpy is due to lacking quick cell turnover. I played around with some cell turnover serums 1. Lancome (nice but it got d/c'd) 2. Clinique (broke me out bad) 3. Lumiere (? no results). I was saving up for either the EL night serum or Dior capture serum but they are very pricey. I settled on this because it is geared for sensitive skin. I was afraid to spend $$$ on something w/ mediocre results and caused breakouts. So far, this doesn't break me out =) HUGE PLUS! This serum makes my skin very soft to the touch and after a week of using this am & pm, I've noticed my bumpiness calming down and my skin isn't as red in the cheeks. I tend to get oily during the day, this serum doesn't make me oily in fact it somehow makes me less oily. I apply this after I cleanse and before moisturizer. Upon application, is is rather sticky and needs time to settle into the skin. The texture is a clear gel and I use 3 small dots to cover my face and under my chin. This line is only found @ CVS. The serum is 0.05 oz and cost $20.00. CVS will have this line on sale on occasion and this is when I stock up. Below are the claims of this serum from the website:

With anti-oxidants. CNS (cellular nutrient serum). By Dr. Jeffrey Dover. 90% saw softer, smoother skin in 1 week (based on independent study). Reduction in redness. Cell2 Cell CNS is a highly effective topical anti-aging serum therapy suitable for even the most sensitive skin types. I believe in creating skin care products that deliver the results you want - healthy, younger-looking, more beautiful skin - Dr. Jeffrey Dover. CNS Solution is designed specifically as cell compatible to support and promote fibroblast and collagen growth. Improved peptide delivery is provided by Nanoemulsion penetration embracement technology. Reduction in superficial facial lines. Statistical improvement in skin roughness, and pore visibility. Skin Effects does not test on animals. CNS Cellular Nutrient Serum with anti-oxidants. Myristoyl Hexapeptide-4: a collagen, matrix biopolymer enhancing peptide; Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8: a collagen enhancer and cell proliferation stimulator; MAP: a micronized vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate); Retinol: an age-defying stabilized vitamin A; MEM: a rich mixture of essential amino acids (minimal essential medium).

UPDATE: 1/13/11: I was skipping primer & foundation and just using Nars bronzer out of laziness and sure enough, I was getting some breakouts from using the bronzer everyday. I skipped this serum and was using just BP to clear it up. But, my skin was getting dry, red and no signs of improvement. I put this serum back into my routine and within one night, the redness and breakouts seemed clear up about 85%!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No