October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - New York Color - Eye Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I was looking for something better than my regular Maybelline eye makeup remover so I checked out a few reviews of various drug store brands (didn't even think to check out reviews of NYC) and ended up purchasing the raved about Bioderma which was on sale and took a chance on the cheap NYC (about $5 Canadian). I've only used it a few days now and boy am I impressed.I wasn't expecting much at all the first time I used it and since it was so cheap I figured I could easily ditch it without worrying about the price. I don't use waterproof mascara but my usual remover doesn't always remove everything. I do use water resistant eyeliners (prestige, gosh, Lise watier) and sometimes was left with liner residue. I used a few drops (cotton pad doesn't have to be soaking wet), let it sit on my eyelid a few seconds, swiped and holy crap everything came off, no rubbing, tugging, needing to apply more remover. Amazing stuff! I was worried afterward my eyes would be oily but nope, I was only left with perfectly clean, lightly moisturized skin. No oily residue to break out or get in your eyes and make then blurry. I will definitely repurchase again & again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

This make-up remover is cheap which is a plus. It works well (removes all different kinds of makeup I've warn) but it does have oil in it, which isn't the best for someone like me who has combination skin or someone who has oil prone skin. It also takes a good amount of remover to remove your make-up well. I just stopped using it because I found a way better make-up remover that lasts longer and you don't have to use as much so it was a no brainer for me to switch products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by onarainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Impulsed this because I've never used a makeup remover before and wanted to test it out...And it said *NEW!* and I can't resist new things. Typically I use olive oil...Natural and works great. It was between this one, Almay or Rimmel and I chose this because it was the cheapest (3.99). It's oil-free and claims to get rid of even waterproof mascara easily.

Anyway, I came home and tried it out (wearing Mac eyeshadow, Maybelline Great Lash mascara and Rimmel eyeliner). I put 5 or 6 drops (it comes out in drops, which I find convenient) onto a cotton pad and rested the cotton pad over my eye for a few seconds while patting gently. I took it off to see what it got and most of my shadow/mascara was already off! One gentle swipe took off the rest.

It left the area around my eyes really soft.

It actually works better than my olive oil, but I could live without the ingredients (SLS, parabens) and I just googled and found that NYC tests on animals. So, I won't repurchase for those reasons, but it's a great product!