December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by chicshrieks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best lip balms you can get in a drugstore! The price isn't too steep, it's nice and moisturising, has SPF without being white, isn't waxy and gives a lovely wash of colour on the lips. I have this in 'peach', and I must say that it isn't peachy at all! It is a very bright pink but don't worry because the colour is very sheer. This comes in a nice slim tube that doesn't look bulky in pockets. Would definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I found this at my local grocers and had to buy it. I got the slim animal print tube and it is so chic. This doesn't look like you are applying a cheap ol' chapstick on your lips. I've used the squeeze tube Carmax in the past and I found it to be messy and goopy. The tube version is incredible. It has a slight vanilla mint flavor. It isn't waxy and it doesn't ball up. Plus, I always have very dry lips. Lip balm is with me 24/7. It is my security blanket. This product keeps my lips hydrated longer than any other lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipbalm because I was so fond of the yellow squeezy tubes. I fancied something with a tint to it and in a stick form. Plus it was on offer so I bought a couple of the pink ones.

Never have I been so impressed with a tinted lip treatment! Wow is all I have to say. To say it's cheap and quite a sick looking shade of pink in the tube, it took me by surprise how much I fell in love with it!

The formula is really moisturising and doesn't dry out. The colour looks lovely on my lips, doesn't look cheap at all and I have since purchased three more of these for when my first tube runs out! Don't be fooled that the pink shade doe look quite alarming when you open it, it looks quite subtle when applied :) just adds a nice feminine glow! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by elizabetel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this product for a good two years now so I can definitely say it is long-lasting, well at least it is for me since I don't wear it everyday. I'd say I have a third to a quarter of the product left.

What I love about it is the fact that it really is moisturising yet it gives you colour. I have the Pink one or is it called Sheer Pink? Either one! I ordered it off of asos.com and it cost 5.86€ which is the equivalent of 7.83$ more or less. Plus I had to pay shipping (this was way back when asos didn't provide free shopping worldwide). That's why I gave it two lippies for the price. It's not too expensive but not dirt cheap either.

The packaging isn't the prettiest. Very plain and over time the labels have scratched off so it doesn't look too appealing. However, even though the packaging isn't the best, I haven't had any issues with it breaking or coming undone.

The colour on me is quite vivid since I naturally have pink/rosy lips. It does make my lips feel quite smooth but something isn't quite right to me. I can't exactly pinpoint what but something is off about this product which is why I'm trying to use it all up.

The smell is very sweet and almost vanilla like but not quite. Imagine a vanilla mint scent mixed with medicine, that's the best I can do to describe the scent haha! It doesn't really bother me but is on the verge.

Overall, it is quite a nice product and maybe, MAYBE one day I would repurchase it but not in the near future. I have enough lip products in my collection to go through and I don't feel an urgent need to repurchase anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Katch98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing!! Since I have bought this product, I no longer wear lipgloss or liptint, not even to parties. Why should I when I can get the soothing properties of Carmex and nice colour and shine in one product?! Everyone should have one, particularly if they adore the cooling tingling sensation on their lips that comes in all Carmex lip balms :) the price is quite expensive for a lip balm and the tube is small, but it lasts a long time and it is really worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Favorite! Gives a natural flush of color while hydrating and soothing chapped lips. It's $3 too! I get asked all the time what lipstick I'm wearing and people are always shocked when I tell them. It's my secret!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually obsess over lip products but I'm officially obsessed. I picked up the pink tint which looks a bit intimidating in the tube but on my lips, it adds just the right amount of color without sacrificing any of the moisture I've come to expect from Carmex. Feels like a lipgloss without the stickiness. The SPF 15 is an added bonus. I was just going to say I wish they would come out with a peach colored tint before I read the other reviews.

The only thing they can improve is the scent (says it's vanilla which I'm not crazy about) and maybe packaging to make it a little prettier.

Update: My local CVS had these on sale for 50% off so I picked up 2 in the peach tint. It's a bit more pigmented than the pink (slightly darker than my lips but still natural looking). I like it a lot but I actually prefer the sheerness of the pink tint b/c it's fun and adds just the right amount of color. Need to stock up on these in case they get d/c!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Monchiki

I bought the Carmex Tinted Lip Balm in Peach for 220 Taiwanese yuan ($7) at Watsons. It's a little pricier than most of the other drugstore lip balms here, but I don't regret it!

The lip balm offers you a subtle, tinted sheen that gives your lips a natural, healthy colour (unlike some of the other tinted lip balms are a bit too vibrant and unnatural-looking).

There's a slight tingly sensation when you apply the lip balm and it smells a bit sweet, which I like. But most importantly, it moisturises well!

I'm quite happy in terms of packaging. My expectations aren't high, as it's a drugstore brand. The spin-out container makes it easier to use than from a pot or a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by CaliGirl23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! I have it in the peach color and I love it! My lips can get flaky in winter, so I put it on every night before bed and wake up with amazingly soft lips. I've tried many lip products and this by far is one of the best. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in peach. I would have picked plum but they only had clear and this. Anyway, I like everything about it except the color. The tint is very sheer and doesn't show up on my lips. I picked this up at CVS on sale for 99 cents, plus there was a coupon in the Sunday paper, so no big whoop.