Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender

3.7

Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PCA Dimethicone, Silica.

on 8/6/2015 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers on many points. I use NYX HD powder to set concealer and or foundation but past the 20's, any powder isn't that kind to the appearance of skin.

Cons: This Mally product does remove my concealer and foundation or make it curdle after an hour or two and means I need to do my face again. However on makeup free skin it gives my skin a lovely look, like the skin of a child, luminous, naturally pretty, all oiliness from moisturiser gone.

Pros: if one has a place on one's face that one wants to downplay, I have puffy eyes on occasion and incipient bags, this produc is wonderful. I pat it on under my eyes and the bags seem to disappear, no shine on the skin to show the form of the bags. They appear flattened. I don't use any makeup under my eyes so I can use this product without the usual infuriating curdle effect. Am happily using this product for under my eyes only and any portions of my face where shine isn't flattering but no makeup is needed. Would I buy this again, yes but only if I can't find a better product and for me it's worth it for under the eyes.

Suggestions: perfect for young girls with oily skin who don't need foundation or concealer but would like shine removed whilst looking pearly skinned and natural.

on 7/22/2015 2:29:00 PM

NOT a fan. I too have heard one of my fav's you tube beauty experts - emily noelle rave about this - I love her reviews and she is usually dead on (and she is so gorgeous....) but this is NOT for me. It was sticky and made my pores look HUGE. It broke apart and got "crumbly" on my face after a few hours. I tried to use it as a "touch up" after make up and that was worse. I am bummed I am out $40+ bucks - the only + side is I bought it in a "kit" with some other products including mascara, eyeliner and a lip gloss which are ok.

on 2/20/2015 7:35:00 PM

This is a silicone gel pressed into the compact, and is supposed to help minimize the look of pores and fine lines, and protect makeup from morning till night.

I really wanted to try this product, because Emily (emilynoel83) is always raving about it. I got it from QVC, along with some other Mally products. I have tried it several times, and I am really disappointed. I have combination skin, and I wanted this to help control oil, keep the foundation matte, and minimize pores. Well, the product did NONE of that.

This product accentuates every pore, fine line, and dry/flaky spot you may have. When you first apply it, the makeup actually looks really good, but after about 2 hours or so, the problems start - this product actually breaks up the foundation and makes it look splotchy; it also settles into pores and fine lines. I have applied it exactly how Mally suggests - dabbing it on gently with the sponge that is provided. The amount of product also makes no difference - I have tried using a little and a lot.

Overall, not really worth the price of $40. For people with normal skin, it might work. It breaks up the makeup on oily skin, and it sticks to flaky spots on dry skin.

on 12/31/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! I was pleasantly surprised by this product. This stuff does everything the Porefessional doesn't: it hides pores, isn't greasy, and actually keeps your skin matte. FYI I have ridiculously oily skin... I'm talking oily after two hours. This stuff definitely buys my makeup some time throughout the day, and makes my makeup look totally flawless.

I bought this in the Mally package sold at Ulta, but will definitely buy the full sized version when I run out.

My first review pls be kind... I have oily skin and sweat a lot but this product keeps everything in place!

on 11/18/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried setting powders and blotting tissues to minimize the shine and oily look I get on my forehead and around the nose with no success until I got this product to try. Can I just say how much I recommend it to anyone that has the same problem as I do with shine. The product goes on clear, it's easy to apply and it really controls the shine like no other! The only negative it the package it's very bulky and also the sponge that comes with so it, I do believe it now comes in a traveling compact but for its price might as well splurge on the regular one! love this product

on 10/1/2014 6:49:00 PM

I have an oily t-zone. I would even say that at certain times, it is very oily. This product, which I picked up as a beauty steal at Ulta, does a good job of keeping the oil at bay. I would say that it does a better job with some foundations than with others, which is why I can't give it a 5. Today, for example, after using this approximately 8 hours ago, I have gotten oily to the point that I required a powder or blotting paper touchup twice. This is a typical result with the foundation I used today, which is MAC face & body. For some reason, the result was better with Laura Mercier TM, and I don't even use the oil free version. It is also a little bit clunky to carry around for touchups, especially since the sponge it comes with is phenomenal. Overall, I definitely recommend this product and will purchase it again.

on 9/5/2014 3:48:00 PM

This is one of the most amazing products that I have ever encountered. It's like a primer, but it's not. It's like a powder, but it's not. It's in a league all of it's own! This looks like an opaque acrylic block, it's hard and at first you don't see how on rather that will transfer to your face. But it does! It blurs lines, does wonders for pores and mattifies skin perfectly. Seriously, I have fairly oily skin, but my face was still matt at 7.30pm after applying it at 8.30 this morning! I've been using it for a few weeks now and the results have been the same every day. I am surprised to read that some people feel that it dries their skin and accentuates wrinkles; I find that it does the exact opposite. I suppose we're all different, hey. To conclude, I don't think that I'll ever be without this stuff again, it's wonderful.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this after hearing such great things about it. It is expensive! But I splurge and I'm glad I did. I do I think it is a must have, not sure. It lives up to it's claims. It does keep my face from being a grease ball through out the day. It doesn't leave me powdery or cakey either. However, you can over it and give your face a kinda white cast. I usually don't like silicone type products on my face but this didn't break me out. If you have oily skin and have the extra money to spend on something like this, I say give it try.

on 8/16/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I have come to find it doesn't work with all foundations. But for those foundations/products it does work well with its truly an HG item.

I have dry skin and I use moisturizing BB creams and oil based foundations. I also hate the matte look with a vengeance and abhor having to set my face with powder bc I have to sit with that damn mattified look until it all soaks and blends (which takes quite a while for me). I also can't stand having to spray may face to make it more dewy and less matte when wearing foundation, but it also drives me crazy that my wonderful BB cream leaves way more shine than I prefer. Enter Mally Poreless Face Defender ($40) to solve these issues.

This works wonders with my uber moisturizing Clinique BB cream; it tones down the shine and keeps me from having to pile on powder which totally negates the purpose of buying and using a tinted cream with nifty ingredients to benefit my skin and allow it to breathe. It also works great with my NARS cream foundation compact. Using it with these two products it actually makes my skin look a lot better IMO and I get no buildup. However, this does NOT work with my liquid foundations - I have no idea why. It smudges and picks up/lifts the liquid foundation off which is really strange bc its the Nars and BB are lighter and tend to fade throughout the day. Another issue I have is that the case is lame and cumbersome and I do feel this is overpriced for what it is. Regardless, this is a life saver for summer months when I want to give my face a break from heavy foundations bc it is such a yin to the yang of my uber shiny BB cream.

Popular Primer/ Correctors