April 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mally Beauty - Poreless Face Defender

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I am on the fence with this product. On one hand it trully is fantastic in the beginning when you first dab this stuff on your oily areas and poof! oils are gone and the face looks flawless. However what bothers me about this product is that after several hours of wearing it my face becomes even more oilier than it was. As I look in the mirror it seems fine and still no visible pores but if I touch my face i can feel a layer of sleek greasiness. What's up with that?! The only explanation I can think of is this silicon based product sits on top of the skin, minimizing the look of pores and makes the face appear shine-free but since it doesn't go anywhere I can FEEL the product on my face blended with the oils and perhaps that's what makes it feel so greasy. I'll continue to use this since there's nothing better on the market so far but I am keeping my eyes open for other things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am always hesitant to purchase makeup with silicones in it but i had to try this based on such awesome reviews and mally's super cute youtube videos! and her comment about, "no more setting powder because it ages you", is SO true, now that i am 38 & have lost some oils on my cheeks and around my eyes, i cant wear setting powder anymore, it just looks too powdery.

sells for $40.00 i believe but i got this for $20.00 after it went on sale and i got an additional $10.00 off coupon AND free shipping. the compact is HUGE and there seems to be a lot of product. the sponge is big, yes, but its wonderfully soft and bouncy. i use this only on my super oily t-zone and i swear, this is the only product i have used thus far in my life that actually, truly WORKS! i stay matte! no more greasies by lunchtime, its 2:30 pm and i still look great!

i put the compact and the sponge in a ziplock to take back and forth with me to my bf's house. not a big deal. i think she just came out with a travel sized one? i will get my hands on that!

i am impressed and am now looking into her cream foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A great product for keeping the skin matte all day. I only use it on my eye area to keep my concealor from creasing and caking. The compact is a little difficult to open. If on sale I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MarissaLopez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep on expecting to look in the mirror and see my oils back :) So far no oily T-zone!! The price is a little expensive HOWEVER I bought this on mally's website while it was $30 plus I used a coupon code for $10 off plus it was shipped free!! In that case I would purchase again and again :) I love the sponge that comes with. It's big and soft and just bounces off the skin. But it is annoying that it's not more travel friendly. But seriously that's the only con. Everything else is pretty amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Would I re-purchase? Yes, I just have but because it's so expensive for what it is I only buy it as part of a QVC TSV/set. It's a quite impressive if somewhat ultra-mattifying primer - I've mostly been smoothing it all over my face as a primer (which I much prefer), which I find gives the best results. But I've also used it after my foundation and powder, however used this way I find it needs frequent touch-ups, at least for me. For those with oily skins it's a godsend. But you have to apply it carefully to avoid the dreaded powdery, enlarged-pore look. I get a reaction to most (silicone) primers which I don't get with this one, but I don't think it has an SPF. The compact is very easily broken so I won't be leaving it loose in my bag like I did my last one (oops!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by WhitneyDawn82

This is a MUST HAVE for everyone, and it's AWESOME for people with oily skin (me). This works great and it's something I will not do without. Your pores disappear and it makes your skin silky smooth! I have had a few people ask me if I had a facial or ask me what I was using because my face looked so smooth. I keep one at home and carry another in my purse in case I need to touch up during the day. I did buy a smaller sponge to carry in my purse, because the sponge that comes with it is big. I could go on and on about the benefits of this product, but I suggest you try it for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin then this is a must have!!! Esp in the summer! I seriously think that the ppl who didn't like this product are using it wrong. You should not be able to see this product on the sponge, if so ur using to much! It shouldn't ball up on ur skin, if so ur using it wrong. U tap the sponge on the product, just pressing product onto the sponge lightly and then you tap/blot ur face lightly. Ppl who are using this for the first time, just do half of ur face at first and then compare lol! You will fall in love. This is an amazing product that replaces blotting in general and touching up w/powder. Way to go Mally!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by J0d5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow wow wow, this product is amazing under or over your foundation, it blurs any imperfections in a instant and is so smooth and velvety to the skin! 5/5

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, I immediately loved the product when I first tried it. It kept my oily areas under control all day, and I was even looking to swap for it as I wanted a backup just in case.
I have had the item for about two weeks now, and I will admit I am still loving it, but I will complain about the size of the compact as well as the sponge is just way too big. For this price, you would think they would have thought more about packaging, size, convenience, etc. Some of us that have oily skin like to dab the excess oils off mid day, but how can you when you cant even bring the compact or sponge with you because its just too large? So I gave it one lippe for price, and one lippie for packaging. Overall, I still do like the product, I am just hoping that they come out with something more sleek, or convenient for us ladies that need to dab the excess oils off mid day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

So after using this for months, I have decided that I won't be buying this again. I love the way it mattifies without looking powdery, and I like the way it lasts on my skin. However, when I wear this over my makeup all day, it makes my foundation become blotchy underneath. If I touch my face then it smears the mattifying gel which then smears the makeup underneath making it ball up. I am always touching my face so by the end of a typical work day I am left with patchy foundation. This doesn't work for me when I wear it all day, but for shorter occasions (going out for dinner etc) then this is fine. I guess I am going back to using a regular powder from now on.