September 17, 2014 | 1219 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Big Curls Don't Cry

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jcdixon

I like the packaging, it's cute. The mascara seemed nice and smooth on the brush when I opened it but the giant brush did not separate my lashes at all. I ended up with black smudges all over my already done eyeshadow that I then had to clean up with q-tips. After only half an hour in the Florida heat, it smudged all over my eyes. I really wanted to like this, but it's just a basic mascara that doesn't do anything special.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mercyXliddell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with ohglorie! My eyes tend to water alot and this was smudge proof, tear proof, and rain proof! Amid a horrible rain storm I did not have one smudge or any amount of running. For the lovely price I paid, I usually run to this mascera. The volumizing is not the best but my lashes are already very long. (I know be thankful). So this is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by nalehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the smugiest thing ever, which sucks because the brush was awesome :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought the packaging was cute, and when I saw the brush I thought it looked like a nice size, and the formula didn't seem too wet. Well, fast forward a few days, after I wear this mascara, and I'll sing you a different tune. I bought this in the waterproof formulation, because my lashes wilt easily, and the only way that they hold a curl is of the mascara is waterproof. Let me tell you, this mascara is NOT smudge proof. It's not even water proof. I went to go see my (hot!) Chiropractor yesterday for an appointment, and I had my makeup done all lovely, and my lashes looked long and curled, but still sorta of natural (I used this mascara... foreshadowing), and so when the doctor asked me to lie down on my stomach so he can check out my back, I did so obligingly, being careful to not rub my face against the paper covered face hole they have for you. Well once everything was said and done, I finished up my appointment, and walked to the car, checked in the mirror, and I had the WORST raccoon eyes EVER!!! I was mortified!! The mascara smudged everywhere, making me look like an insomniac with a HUGE under eye complex! I was furious!!! I hate this mascara!! Will never repurchase again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ohglorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am honestly shocked that some people don't LOVE this mascara! This is the best mascara I have ever used. I have very light blonde hair and dark black glasses, so I don't like the look of crazy dark and voluminous lashes for me because it just looks like too much. Every other mascara I have tried makes my lashes TOO noticeable; I know most people like that look, but I don't. This mascara gives me the PERFECT amount of length and volume while not making my lashes too dark. I actually bought this on accident, thinking it was a light blue mascara...at first I was upset when I found out it was black, but now I'm so happy I made that mistake because I found my HG mascara. :) And some other people are saying it isn't waterproof...well, it is for me! I haven't gone swimming or anything in it, but I have been in the rain and cried and taken showers and stuff while wearing it and it still won't come off, though it isn't difficult to remove with eye makeup remover. The only "con" is that I can't seem to find the ingredients ANYWHERE online...and I don't especially want to continue using it if it has parabens in it ): I'll keep looking though, and PRAYING that it doesn't, because it's absolutely fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I wish I'd read the reviews here before spending even the measly $5.85 that I did on this!
It didn't seem like there was any product at all on the tiny little brush, but it did seem to darken my very blonde lashes slightly. I didn't see any noticeable curl at all. Then again, all I really noticed was the fact that I appeared to have no mascara on at all!
And yet, somehow, this nonexistant 'waterproof and smudgeproof' mascara gave me raccoon eyes after just a couple of hours! I still have no idea how that happened, when it looked like I wasn't wearing any at all!
I usually have to wear mascara that needs a blowtorch to get off to survive a day with no flakes or smudges. The only exception to that so far is Bourgeois Clubbing mascara. Only twice the price, so I'll stick to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by saint1

NOT waterproof at all. I was hoping the brush and formula would be similar to the "Curl Up and Die" mascara, but it's nothing like it.

This mascara smudges worse than any other non-waterproof mascara I've ever tried.
Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by eko99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara smudged within a half hour. And I don't have issues with smudging mascara. Never been a problem. Not only is it not waterproof it smudges worse than anything I've ever tried. Unless you're going for the rock-star-after-a-bender look, or "walk of shame" themed makeup; then run away! Save yourselves!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by TweetilyDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only good thing I can say about this product is the cost. At $5.48 CDN, it's one of the cheaper mascaras on the market, and I was really hoping that just maybe that wouldn't have an effect on the quality.

I only purchased this stuff one week ago, so the experience is still very fresh in my mind. When I used it the first (and only) time, I found that it did nothing to extend my lashes, or add any sort of volume to them. The brush was just awkward to use in general.

As for its ability to last, that was a complete joke! I figured being tear and waterproof, the fact that it was raining out shouldn't have had any negative effects on it. Within 2 hours, I had terrible raccoon eyes, and I was able to wipe it off my lashes using a DRY napkin, without water or anything!

The last nail in the coffin for this company overall is the fact that I emailed them 5 days ago, and I haven't heard a response whatsoever. I always make sure to be polite and sincere about my issue, and have never had a problem when it comes to customer service. But so far, this company is proving to be misleading in it's advertising and claims, and ignorant in the way they handle situations like this (compared to other companies, who always respond within 24 hours).

Will never purchase this, or any other product from Hard Candy again...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

While the packaging and the name are adorable the product itself is okay. I will say that this mascara is waterproof and is rather easy to remove for a waterproof mascara. I really like using it as something on my lower lashes because it is easy to apply there and makes them slightly more defined.

The cons to me however are the brush is horrible, I don't like it at all, it makes it really hard to use on my upper lashes. It also really doesn't do much to define my upper lashes, I think it might be giving them a slight curl, but compared to my other drugstore mascara it only looks like my lashes have gotten darker.

Overall it was an okay product I got because I was suckered in by the cute packaging. I'm not going to buy it again because for a little bit more money I can get something to make my lashes looking fuller and longer.