October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Moisturizers - Graftobian - OXYDERM MOISTURIZER

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by yukkooddiekeiko

My personal rating is actually about 4.5 instead of 5
**rating of the actual product itself, not the packaging/price

I waited until I finish the whole jar to write this review, so this is not one of those useless first impression review. However, I am a make up artist and use this mostly for prepping the skin of my clients. Please note that my review will not be about how it performs on its own but more about how it helps me in make up application, so please pardon my limited perspective.

SKIN TYPES
You probably will not believe this, but I use this moisturizer on all my clients regardless the skin type. It really works on everybody.. Which might be why it is part of the 'Make Up Artist Skin Care Series'.
- I use the tiniest amount for those with oilier skin. While this will not make you any less shiny, it will not contribute in adding more shine to your oily skin either. It will just soak in like water and feel good.
- I use a pea-sized amount for normal-dry skin and double, sometimes triple, that amount for very dry or mature skin. If you have dry patches that your foundation loves to emphasize, try rubbing some more on it until it is visibly gone. Unless it is severe, this should work.

This will somehow soothe and calm mild irritation on sensitive skin (make it feel comfortable) and so far, never triggered any allergic reaction.

PACKAGING
- Packaging is heavy and bulky and unsanitary. I have to use a alcohol-cleaned spatula everytime.

WORTH FOR THE PRICE
- I finished the whole jar after about 150 clients. Please note that I use them on people with oily skin AND dry skin, so the amount used at one time varies.
- In my country it's equivalent to US $40. Much more expensive than it is in the US, but that wont stop me from buying more.

HOW I APPLY IT
- I mostly apply this with clean fingers.
- However, I sometimes use a damp beauty blender (some get absorbed though). The moisturizer plus a slight cooling effect from water in the sponge just feels so comfortable & soothing for sensitive skin. Or, when it's possible and I'm not lazy, I'd put the whole jar on the fridge for the same effect (even better, actually).
- It is important to allow the skin some time to absorb the product before applying anything else on top.

CONCLUSIONS
- Makeup-preparation-wise, this followed by Aloevation Instant Toning Veil will make your make up glide like never before, I swear.
- This is a great product for make up artists, because it can be used on everyone. However, if you are looking for something for your own skin, you'd probably find something more suitable out there. It is something that will work well, but you may not find it extraordinary.
- I was going to give this 4 lippies, but considering it's been in my kit regularly without complaints, it just seemed unfair. So the 4.5 rounded up to 5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pondering around on camerareadycosmetics.com when I came across this and ordered a sample pot.

I instantly noticed my dermatitis improving and vanishing from my eyelids which is just fabulous, it's even better than Dermalogica line of 'Ultracalming' products.

No stingy burning sensation caused from Oxyderm cream and instant relief for those raw skin moments after exfoliating.

It does help acne as there are no clogging chemicals in this. I barely get any pimples now which is great! 22 years old and still getting acne is no fun.

Works well with those nature products that are designed for sensitive skin and contain natural ingredients.

For those in Australia, you can order them through RSPCosmetics.com for $25.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent moisturizer for dry skin. Love using this in the winter, didn't have any breakouts or problems. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a pump, but considering it is well priced I will be purchasing again.

Available online at camerareadycosmetics.com

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by c2keri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after it was recommended by Camille Megan. I was on a natural product kick and wanted a moisturizer that didn't contain cancer-causing chemicals. My favorite moisturizer, for reference, is the Bobbi Brown one that smells like grapefruit and sells for upwards of $80. This is my second favorite and even if I had the cash I would not switch back.

This goes on quite smoothly and only requires a bit to cover. I've seen no benefit from slathering it on, so don't bother. It cost $25 for 2 oz. Of product and that's reasonable. I don't know about the minerals that they put into it, I like it for the ease of use, the fact that I get few acne outbreaks now and I don't get those nasty winter dry patches on my cheeks. My skin is sensitive, but this stuff makes it resilient.

It suffers from not being in a pump, but not much. It's such a good product that it would be nitpicky for me to make that a reason not to use it. I'd love to walk into a Whole Foods or an Ulta and find it there as it's a mail-order item now. I suppose that, if you live in a city with a significant movie industry presence, you could pick it up where the rest of the Graftobian line is sold. I get mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics as they're quick to get it to me.

I have oily combination skin that tends towards sensitivity. If you have that type of skin, too, I recommend Oxyderm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the moisturiser i needed! I just couldn't agree with the others more. I intially purchased this product because it fully disclosed its ingredients and contained hyaluronic acid. i just hate not knowing whats in my moisturiser so i loved how they broke down their ingredient list.

the reason i love this so much is that it feels like it really plumps my skin. i have normal skin that gets the occasional blemish but my concern is that i work long hours in air con that sucks the life out of my skin. i need my skincare to withstand that and keep my skin well hydrated and regulated. this does an amazing job. the consistency, a super thick gel absorbs beautifully in my skin and makes it perfect for makeup application, absolutely no residue or greasiness. i realised how fabulous this product was when i was on my way to work early in the morning after a sleepless night. i cant stand my skin without a good nights rest but i couldnt stop touching my face and loving how hydrated and resilient my skin felt AND continued to stay that way for the rest of the day. i knew then that this was a superior product.

i do wish it was in a pump bottle due to hygeine and convenience. i use a cotton bud to get product but nevertheless, this is definately worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by OliviaImage

I currently have been using this moisturizer on myself and my clients for over a few months now! It has passed my standards so I would love to share this with everyone!

VERSATILITY AND EASE OF USE – 4.7/5
Scoop out and apply to area. Too bad it’s not in a pump so you require a spatula if you want to keep it sanitary.

FEELING – 4.7/5
Absorbs instantly into the skin within 15seconds.
Gel-like texture, at the same time there are ‘tiny particles’ that will absorb and melt into the skin. ‘Gritty’ for the first few seconds and once you go over it again with your finger, it melts.
Once everything is absorbed, it feels very hydrated, super smooth and the skin is very evened and NOT shiny – matte finish.

EFFECTIVENESS – 5/5
Skin is soft, hydrated, even-toned, MATTE finish. Looks like skin that is not excessively shiny but rather, healthy skin.

PRICE – 4.7/5
I bought this for $25 at CameraReadyCosmetics.com but they have now increased their price to $33 :(

AVAILABILITY – 4/5
You have to purchase this online as it’s from the US. Unless you have a makeup store that sells this locally of course!

SHELF LIFE – 5/5
Pretty long, and you’ll love it so much you won’t have to worry about it sitting on the shelf!!

FRAGRANCE – 5/5
No fragrance added and I don’t smell any natural fragrance.

continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by marylee_126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No wonder lots of MUA hype about that product. It's absolutely the best moisturizer I've ever used. Beat any drugstore or department store products easily. It's non-greasy and would not cause break-out or clogs pores. It contains the best ingredients which would benefit any skin type. Moreover, it works terrific under foundation and makes the application effortlessly (no piling up, just silky feeling).Works beautifully as a foundation thinner too (with Graftobian HD creme). My skin is super oily but it helps reducing oil a lot (without using it I have to use 2-3 oil film to blot every 2 hours. With it, maybe 1 every 3 hours. But of course, it's not absorbing oil at all. It's supposed to be a moisturizer).My skin texture improved after few uses but do not expect any miracle as it's a moisturizer. No fragrance and nasty chemicals in it as well. What more can you ask for such a wonderful product at 29 AUD? HG at that moment.

Ingredients:
Please note: If it is not listed below, it is not in the product.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone:
This natural Silicone emulsion complex adds rich and silky elegance to products. It imparts a fine long-lasting application and helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This natural, water based, silicone emulsion will not yield a build up on your skin.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Malachite Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Smithsonite Extract:
("The Fab. Five") This proprietary wellness blend of five extracts is included in all of our skin care items. Aloe is a well known plant extract with skin soothing and healing properties that seem somewhat boundless, Allantoin is a soothing and hydrating ingredient, Malachite extract is believed to enhance creativity, Rhodochrosite extract is considered to bring a sense of well being, and finally, Smithsonite is thought to promote harmony. We simply felt that the blend of these five fine ingredients would add value, interest and dimension to each of our Skin Care formulations.
Glycerin:
A clear, sweet, syrupy liquid derived from vegetable oil is non-irritating and soothing and can be used even on the most sensitive skin types. Glycerin also is a humectant.
Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol:
This hygroscopic complex helps to assure maximum firmness, hydration, smoothness and tightness to the skin. It helps provide cohesion to the epidermis, or surface layer, to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Sodium Chloride:
For pH regulation to retain a neutral pH in the formula.
Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii):
Used for thousands of years as an ideal treatment for dry or aging skin. The high fatty acid content gives it the ability to help deeply moisturize the skin while helping to improve and retain the elasticity of the skin.
Sorbitan Oleate:
Humectant, similar to Glycerin.
Hyaluronic Acid:
A naturally occurring acid in the skin, adds moisture to keep skin soft and supple. Hyaluronic Acid retains 1000 times its weight in water. Not an animal or human byproduct! This sugar based acid is synthetically produced.
Glycoproteins:
Help improve the appearance of skin texture and for moisturization. This amino acid protein helps the skin resist various external aggressors.
Saccharide Isomerate:
Helps prevent moisture loss from the dermis while laying down a protective barrier to help neutralize external irritation.
Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum:
This firming botanical complex helps reduce the look of early signs of aging. Fights against lack of firmness and tired and dull skin by helping to increase cell turnover/exfoliation.
Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate(E), Retinyl Palmitate(A), Ascorbyl Palmitate(C):
This is a time released, vitamin combination. The Phospholipids encapsulate the three vitamins so they release onto the skin slowly over a period of time. Vitamin E & C for antioxidant protection against free radicals and Vitamin A to help smooth the look of lines and wrinkles, giving the appearance of younger and firmer skin.
Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera):
50 times more powerful than vitamin E as an antioxidant, helps inhibit free radical formation, promoting a youthful-looking skin.
Titanium Dioxide:
This natural white pigment also is one of the major broad-spectrum sun protectants. Included to diffuse and reflect light and give a soft, matte finish to your skin.
Quaternium-15:
A natural, non-paraben preservative for those who are concerned with over exposure to paraben type preservatives.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No