April 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Original Beauty Formula Rose Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fletchycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Of course I fall in love with it-- as soon as it gets hard to find! The two things you need to know:
1. Use a make-up remover for your eye make-up first. I use EL Take-away. (love).
2. Smear the Boots all over - stay away from eyes of course. Get a wash cloth wet with hot water , wring out excess and gently wipe away. Removes make up and the smell is so soothing!!!!

I have dry skin with chin acnefrom time to time and this stuff is fantastic for removing long wearing make up and leaves my skin feeling fantastic. I was worried the waxiness would break me out but no dice! I love love the smell AND the packaging. I purchased my first off of Drugstore.com-- cheap. Then Amazon for double the price. Rumor says some Targets may carry it-- I am currently hunting down more for me and my GF!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by j3nn3y

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of retro products and I love the smell of this one. It has a thicker and waxier consistency than the Pond's cold cream. However, it doesn't remove my long staying liquid eyeliner very well. I've used both the dry tissue and the hot wet towel method. And I apply the product on dry skin. I'm a little concerned about the waxiness of this product since I've had problems with jojoba oil, which is essentially a wax.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like the rest of the reviewers, I bought this for the retro packaging (which is adorable sitting on my counter) I never really used cold cream before (not counting Nozema in the blue tube circa 1984-when I used it) Cold cream is a different animal than your typical cleaner. Here's a Cold Cream lesson 101. You rub in on dry skin for one. This is about the strangest part because your rubbing cream onto makeup. Its always a bit strange to me to not wet my face first. Its like brushing your teeth with a dry toothbrush. Anyway, your rub it in for about a 30 seconds almost until it soaks in. Then take a really warm wash cloth, wring it out then lay it on your face until you either cant breathe or the cloth turns room temp...whichever comes first. Just kidding about the breathing part...of course you can breath through a wash cloth..it has little holes after all! So then you wipe your face with the wash cloth. It's amazing that everything comes off! (except for mascara-that's a different step.) Then wet the wash cloth again and do it again. This takes the last little bit off. Then wash your eyes with whatever soap you have on hand-I just use bar soap to get the rest of the mascara off. This stuff will not remove mascara-AT ALL. Now your face is going to be really red-so now you have to splash cool water on your face. Pat face dry, take your wash cloth and soak up all the water you splashed all over the counter and floor and your done! You will have a really clean face albeit a red one. I've done the toner test and with this there is nothing on the pad-so very clean. It will feel tacky for a few minutes-just let it be. Its meant to leave a little moisture there. It's a lot of work our grandmothers had to do, so I understand better now why we
have foaming face wash. Its soooo much easier. If you like to spend a lot of time washing your face (hey some people find it relaxing) then this is your ticket. For me its just not convenient, but it is effective. I gave it a 4 because it works, smells really good, and has great packaging.
INGREDIENTS:
Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral oil), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Ethylparaben, Citronellol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil (Bergamot), Citral, Farnesol, Coumarin

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Boots rose cold cream! I am in the USA, where this is available in Target stores.

This cold cream is a thick, waxy, luxurious feeling cream, packaged in an adorable glass jar with a vintage feel. I'm a sucker for any retro packing like this, I love the look of the cute jars in my bathroom. This cream does leave behind more of a residue feeling than the Pond's cold cream, due to its thicker texture. I found it necessary at times to follow its use with a swipe of witch hazel. It has a pleasing, herbaceous rose scent. It did wonders for my combination skin. I used this cream more as a cleanser than a makeup remover, though it does the job with that, too.

I find this cream to be lovely to use but expensive for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for vintage or retro styled products, and I love pretty much everything in the Boots Original Beauty line. They are basically all modern reformulations of original Boots products from the mid-1800s. Since I'm in the US, I buy the products at Target. The cold cream comes in beautiful vintage-styled packaging, a glass jar with a retro black/white label & a black metal screw-on lid. The cold cream itself has a nice herbal rose fragrance. It is thicker and waxier than Pond's, but does a nice job removing makeup and as a cleanser (I use only cold cream on my face for cleansing). I apply a thin layer, tissue off, apply a second thin layer and let it sit for about a minute, then tissue that off. Then I follow with toner to remove residual greasiness. Occasionally I will remove it with a warm wash cloth. This cold cream works very nicely and gets my skin very clean. The only downside is the price compared to the amount of product you get. However, given the adorable packaging and the feeling of glamour you get when you use this (I can totally picture Myrna Loy picking this jar up off her 1940s waterfall vanity...), I will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

The Boots Cold cream is my first attempt of trying cold cold cream as a makeup remover / cleanser. It comes in an glass bottle that reminds me of beauty products used during the Victorian days, very vintage and traditional. The notion cold cream often creates a degree of ambiguity, is it merely just any cream based product that cools the skin ? Well, apparently Google tells me it's a mixture of fats and water..... Which in this case, well, oil breaks down oil. Hmmm logical enough I suppose. The product has a thick consistency, almost like a nail or hand cream itself, therefore it felt weird to be applying such rich and thick product on the skin. According to the instructions, you massage in circular motions and remove the residues with damp wash cloth or tissue paper. While, I must give it credits for removing my makeup completely, however i do not like the fact that it leaves a layer of emollient just sitting there on the skin, almost as if my skin is covered with a allayer of wax, and no... Water doesn't removed thiz greasiness. I follow up with toner, but not any moisturizer. I might use this on my cuticles instead. Might try out Ponds cold cream next. A major plus point for it's fragrance though, very lovelymscent of rose and geranium.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No