Rimmel Match Perfection

3.6

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Glutamate, Tribehenin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Fragrance, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Ceramide 2, PEG 10 Rapeseed Oil, Biosaccharide Gum 1, BHT, Lupinus Albus Extract, Sapphire Powder, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

When swatched on the hand, this foundation has tiny sparkles but rest assured it is not visible on the face. In fact, it helps give a luminous finish. It is very easy to blend, has medium to full coverage - I just need a bit of spot concealing with this) and has a light pleasant scent.

I have oily skin in humid weather and this gives me no irritation or other problems besides the fact that I get shiny after a few hours. You definitely need powder on top, and some blotting if you get oily. I wore this again today and took some pictures after blotting lightly with tissue. No issues with fading or redness around my nose showing through. I would repurchase if I found a good powder or primer to control oil because it has so many pros but getting shiny after only a few hours is a big con since I have found that M.A.C's Studio Fix Fluid lasts me many more hours before I have to blot. Overall, great foundation, just not for extremely oily people.

I really do love this foundation. I have purchased many high-end ones like makeup forever HD, Nars sheer glow, estee lauder double wear.... But i always find myself going back to this rimmel one! Creates such a nice healthy glow to the skin that looks so natural. But, undecided on whether it clogs pores for acne prone skin ...

So I'm going to be 100% honest and clear exactly here ok... Let me start by saying the biggest issue with this foundation is the colour matching AND, HELLO? THAT'S WHAT IT'S ADVERTISED TO DO BEST!!! I like a yellow toned pale foundation so I couldn't get 010 light porcelain or 100 ivory because they are both waaay to pink toned and my skin is neutral/leaning towards more of a yellow undertone. I bought shade 103 because it was called "true ivory" and I saw swatches online and it was supposed to be yellow toned. I never blindly buy any makeup without reading up on it online. I'm gutted because shade 103 looks BROWN on me. Not orange, brown. I can't even believe it and I live in the UK so I can't take it back to boots for a refund because that's not allowed with makeup in this country and I am soooo annoyed. The undertone is horrible and is weird and I have no idea who this shade would work for. It is waaaaayyy to dark to include "Ivory" in the shade name. I was torn between getting this or the Bourjois healthy mix serum in shade 51 Vanilla. I HATE THIS RIMMEL STUFF. The coverage is the only slightly ok thing about it, light to medium, but it doesn't look invisible like it claims to at all, it has those little tiny particles of foundation that you can see on the skin under certain light and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing this out in public. The cap comes of way to easily and doesn't click on so it could easily smash if you picked it up by the cap. It has fragrance which is really irritating, I can confirm this because I had a tiny tiny tiny spot next to my lip that I accidentally scratched when I removed my face mask last night and this foundation stung it like HELL when I applied it, it burned. The second worst thing about it is it's so hard to remove!! I used bioderma sensibio micellar water, the one with the pink lid and I can usually get MAC Studio Finish concealer, estee lauder double wear and Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation off with the bioderma water using only 2 cotton pads. This foundation was still visible on the pad after using 6 pads. The 7th pad I used cleared the last traces of the disgusting stuff off. Waste of my money and time. I am so stupid for not getting the bourjois healthy mix serum instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Match Perfection is a firm favourite in my foundation rotation, and I have continued to repurchase it time and time again over the past five years. It's a lovely everyday foundation that evens out my skin tone and provides a soft-focus finish, whilst still being comfortable to wear.

The texture is quite thin, but it is not overly runny. The product smooths over the skin with ease and blends seamlessly, be it with a brush, a Beauty Blender-type sponge or fingers. It provides a light to medium coverage which is buildable to an extent, however, I'm not convinced that a completely full coverage could be achieved. That being said, the product is not marketed as such, with the claims on the packing promising that the "weightless, smooth texture blends with skin's real tone instead of masking it". I agree with this statement - the finish is, again, soft-focus and it unifies my complexion, and whilst slight redness, non-prominent broken capillaries and fading acne scaring will be covered, inflamed acne and more severe discolouration will not, and will instead benefit from spot-concealing.

Once applied, the foundation takes approximately 5 minutes to set to a satin finish; I would not describe the finish as sticky, but it does have enough tack to allow a finishing powder to adhere to it. I would recommend setting this foundation.

I find that it does not accentuate flakiness excessively, which is important to me, a person with oily, yet frequently dehydrated skin.

Shade-wise, I have neutral-toned, fair skin, with my facial skin being pinker and slightly darker than my neck and chest, and I use the shade "010 Light Porcelain" which leans slightly towards the cool end of the spectrum. The next shade, "Ivory", whilst more warm-toned, appears to be quite a bit darker. As a general note, the UK carries 12 shades of this foundation, catering mainly to light and medium skintones which is, to say the least, inadequate. Even though I happened to find my near-perfect match, I feel that a product geared towards enabling its customers to find their ideal shade really ought to feature a wider variety of shades and undertones across its range.

Regarding the SPF of 20 contained in this product, I am neither here nor there on its inclusion - it does not seem to cause flash-back issues in photos (please bear in mind I am quite pale), but at the same time, as with any SPF-containing foundation, a standard application would not provide sufficient protection due to the amount of product used and the way it's distributed on the skin.

Although this is not an issue for me, it's worth mentioning that this foundation is quite heavily scented. I'm not overly sensitive to fragrance in cosmetics, and I have not experienced any visible adverse skin reactions, but I would not recommend this product to people who have experienced such issues previously.

In general, this foundation lasts well throughout the day (applied at roughly 7 am and removed at around 8 pm). Granted, there is some fading and, not unexpectedly, my skin does not look quite as fresh as at the time of application, but I have not experienced any caking, separating, settling in pores or any excessive oil production. Removal is not very cumbersome - I find that a cotton pad soaked with micellar water, followed by a gel cleanser does the trick.

To summarise, it's a good staple product ideal for day-to-day wear - it's ease of use, affordable price point, and wear time make it a winner in my book. A perfected, healthier-looking version of my bare skin is the look I strive for, and this foundation helps me achieve just that.

N.B. I believe that this foundation was repackaged in the UK sometime over the course of 2015, however, as I haven't noticed any difference formula-wise, I can only assume it was not reformulated as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually use L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation but I was living in Europe for a few months and did not bring enough of that foundation so I searched for an alternative to get me through the last month. I came across this foundation several times, read reviews, and decided to purchase it because it was inexpensive and the only foundation light enough for me that Italian stores had readily available.

It was decent for the month that I used it but the one thing I cannot get over is the scent. It's horrible and burned my eyes every time it got slightly close to them. The coverage was decent, it covered up any uneven skin tone and any small breakouts I had. Larger breakouts required some work with concealer but that is to be expected.

I used a tinted moisturizer/primer underneath and the coverage lasted most of the day. I would have to touch up at the end of the day if I was doing anything that night but that is the case with most foundations. I should note that I have dryer skin so I typically do not use a setting powder but that may make this foundation last longer.

Overall, it's not my favorite foundation by any means but for the price, shade selection, and availability abroad it's not too bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation!! Especially because it's so cheap and works amazingly. It's kinda medium coverage, but manages to cover my blemishes without making me look super cakey (which is a positive!) only thing I will say is that it's probably not great for oily skin as I find that, during the day, I get a little shiny. Overall I love this product!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this foundation it's amazing!

It fits my skin tone so well it's light and feels like your wearing nothing.
The one thing is that i have to apply a few layers if i want a lot of coverage and then use concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes.

I will always replace this it's my number 1 choice i would recommend this to people with light skin. I use the shade ivory.

My tip for applying foundation;

use one pump on to the back off your hand,
use a foundation brush to apply,
add layer by layer.

A decent drug store foundation. Nice coverage, holds on pretty well. I had this foundation on for 5 hours with setting powder. It held pretty well didn't smudge or anything. I have really oily nose but this foundation didn't make a mess on my face. Pretty happy with it. I would prefer this than the 25 hours long wear one since I've tried both. The 25 hours long wear one dries my skin (mouth area) and makes the area patchy....

I adore this foundation. I'm typically a MAC studio fix girl for every day but this is my go to for occasions. I have it in the shades 100 and 102, one for when I'm more tanned. To be honest, the paler one which I think is called Ivory, is still a little too dark for my skin in the winter time, but just bronzing up my neck makes it look fantastic. It wears for soooooo long and gives me such a smooth finish, I feel really confident when I'm wearing no matter what's going on with my skin. Spots, dry skin etc. It's so cheap and probably the best foundation I've ever owned. I've been buying it and using it consistently for years and I'd recommend it to everyone. Also it smells a lot nicer than most foundations. I do not like the concealer one bit though, only bought that once.

LOOOVE THIS FOUNDATION. This is the first review I've made on here and have been a member forever, that's how much I needed to rave about this. I used to use this in high school but stopped to try other things and can't believe I never went back to it until now. I bought mine for $6.99 and it's so comparable to $50 foundations! It gives you the most beautiful dewy glow from within. I have dry skin and this covers beautifully without accentuating dry patches or getting cakey on me. I would say it's a medium build-able coverage. It does have a light scent but I find it lovely. A few cons would be the lack of a pump bottle, the availability of this in stores (impossible to find where I am), and the 8 shade selection. I'm around NC20-25 and have the shade Ivory. It matches me perfectly but wish there was more variety. Overall love this, I always get compliments on my skin when wearing.