Kat Von D Celebutard

3.7

on 7/23/2015 2:13:00 AM

One of my favorite nude colors and the first lipstick I've tried from KVD. At first glance, the packaging is a little chunky, but adorable! The rose artwork on the lid adds a pop to my vanity. I am an olive complexion with a skin tone that bounces between light medium to medium tan - this color compliments me well. It appears as a peachy nude dusty pink on my lips, and is very similar in color to KVD's studded kiss. The finish on this lipstick is matte. I love how even though it's matte, it's still moisturizing! Moisturizing before application is still recommended though! However, this formula does not last very long. I've had to re-apply a couple times a day. And sometimes it fades and leaves me with the dreaded ring around my lip from my lip liner. Also, this lipstick smells like cheap crayons. Therefore, I only gave it a 3 1/2 star. Other than that, I do love this lipstick and wished it was still on the shelves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So apparently this product has been dc so this may be moot but here is my two cents:

I hate the smell and texture of this product, feels and smells waxy, like old crayons.

The color is so so pale, my lips are pigmented and this makes my teeth look yellow and the color just isn't flattering. It's like a nikki minaj pink bit even pastier. On my skintone it just doesn't work (olive toned w dark hair and eyes).

I have no comment on the name but as a lipstick this is no good and makes me not want to try any other kvd lipstick.

on 11/16/2013 3:14:00 PM

I received this as a sample from Sephora. I love it! It's a perfect nude for my very fair skin. I'm usually the second to lightest if not the lightest shade in any particular line of foundation. It's not too pink and not too brown of a nude. Perfect. I like to top it with Urban Decay's Naked lipgloss. I will be buying it once I run out.

on 11/8/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just read the review where someone was offended by the name of this color as CELEBUTARD...really?? what are we now going to get rid of all the other words ending in TARD? Look them up, PETARD-AN EXPLOSOVE DEVISE, DASTRD-A COWARD, BUSTARD-A LARGE BIRD,UNITARD-A TIGHT FITTING GARMENT WORN BY BALLET DANCERS, LEOTARD-ALSO WORN BY BALLET DANCERS, DOTARD-SOMEONE WHOS AGE IMPAIRS HIS INTELLECT, AND THIS THIS LIPSTICK COLOR IS CELEBUTARD-A COLOR OF LIPSTICK. And last week I took my friend took her car to get fixed and the mechanic came out and told her the brakes worked but the pedal moved in a retarded way. He meant it moved slowly. He was not picking in your daughter, son, sister, brother, uncle, aunt or anyone else, he was simply telling her what was wrong with her car. Why are we so sensitive now a days? I grew up with being called a Polack, and lived with polish blonde jokes, I guess I should have been poo pood and had someone tell these people to not say that> and asked someone to change the name of the north and south poles, and change the name of fishing poles. Yes I have heard it all. And the word blonde. Well maybe toe head would be better? No one meant any harm by the name of this lipstick, and we all need to calm down and not get our undies in a bundle. No one is bullying anyone here, so don't go down that road. And as far as the lipstick I think it is a great color and it lasts along time. We just need to just breathe and stop all this nonsense.

on 11/5/2013 7:03:00 PM

"Celebutard?" Seriously?

This may be fab lipstick but with a name like that it needs to go bye-bye ASAP.

You are already beautiful. Do not degrade my daughter and everyone else with Down syndrome by purchasing this brand.

End of rant.

Rant update: First I heard about this was day before yesterday. Today the product is discontinued. Sephora acted VERY quickly once the name problem was made apparent (why it was not apparent originally is puzzling but not important).

Kudos to Sephora for doing the right thing and doing it fast.

on 8/21/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great light nude pink. It reminds me of MAC Hue in a matte form. It is also very similar to Kat Von D Agatha. I will repurchase.
***UPDATE: This product has been pulled from Sephora due to the name. No word if they will re release the shade under a different name or discontinue the product all together.

on 8/3/2013 6:45:00 PM

this lipstick at first really turned me off but I am growing more fond of it. I am really against creme lipsticks they never work for me. But this one seems to be alright. I never really used any kat von d products but I have really just fallen in love with her lipsticks. They are deffinately worth the price and i prefer them over my mac lippies.

on 2/4/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is very matte and pigmented. Perfect for pigmented lips like mine. The formula is not drying and sticks well. This is a pale pink beige. I don't get any peach tones. It's straight up pink beige. I also own Agatha lipstick and that is a peach based beige nude color. I love both, but I reach for Agatha more than Celebutard.

on 12/29/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not crazy about it. I got this in a gift set. It washes me out, but it is okay, because I use other lip products with it. Usually I like certain neutrals, for instance, MAC lipglass in Underage. This one is rather lack luster and boring, but I just got it, so maybe my opinion will change over time.

on 12/15/2011 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this lipstick in a sampler. Now I adore berry & MLBB lip colors, and was not excite about a nude lipstick. It is very matte & waxy, but is opaque enough to cover my super pigmented lips! I use this with very dark smokey eyes, or under my semi-opaque lip glosses that my lips normally just cancel out. It is a little too nude for by itself on a daily basis, especially for high school, but if you work a trendy job or live in a city this would be great. I would recommend MAC Hue or Creme de Nude for a similar look. Overall, I like this lipstick for its canceling-out of my natural lips but I am not 100% in love, especially because I am a fair blonde (NW20) and can look a little street-walkerish or dead with a true nude lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks