October 30, 2014 | 1585 users online

Polishes - Orly - Galaxy Girl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my all time favorite colors. Very interesting and a great formula. Happy I picked it up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first started to put this on, I was like, "UGH." The formula, for me, is awful. I know other people love it, so I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what, but it starts out sheer and crazy streaky. Even the second and third coats are streaky, but by the third it's pretty much opaque to bottle color. It is a very unique and interesting duochrome. It's a reddish-purple base, that flashes either blue or purple/pinkish, depending on the angle. To me it's not that pretty, but it's definitely interesting. I find that the tips wear and it gets chips much faster than other Orly polishes I've tried, I usually have good luck with them. Overall this polish is just okay. It's fussy, but the color is definitely unique. I wouldn't buy it again. EDIT: came back to take off one lippy. The second day of wear, this started peeling off in huge chunks. I should get way more time out of a polish than that; even then, it shouldn't peel off that way. Bleh.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by typeAgirlie

I am a bit behind the curve on this one, but I picked it up at Ulta a month ago because it looked so pretty in the bottle. I got around to trying it this week and hated it applied alone - so thin and the color, even with three coats, was never pretty. I took it off and almost threw away the polish, but decided to try one coat over OPI's Every Day is Octoberfest. It looks completely fantastic as a top coat over the OPI! The OPI is nice alone, but this really makes it pop. Would I buy again? Maybe, if I were looking for a dark holo topcoat - it does look fantastic like this. But it's not terribly versatile.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great color. It's very unusual and interesting. The pictures shown are very accurate in portraying the color.
The polish itself is quite "dry" but easy to apply. Drying time is fantastic as well.

Sadly, this simply doesn't last. In under three days, it started chipping, with a top coat. not minor tip wear but chipping as in, "Why is a third of my polish suddenly gone from my finger...?"

I have other polishes from this set and they're amazing. I don't understand how some polishes in a set can't all be the same quality.

I don't recommend this one at all, despite it's very few positives.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ALYSSACRUTCH

Orly is one of my favorite brands so this review is probably bias but Galaxy Girl is one of those polishes any polish head should own. Formula wise its perfection and removal isn't an issue. It is a multichrome polish that will generally run about $10 if you buy it at an Ulta or similar type of store but you can easily find it for less on eBay or through blog sales. I'd recommend layering this over a dark polish to take full advantage of its gorgeous multichrome nature. This is my favorite in this particular series (yes, I love it even more than Space Cadet!) and I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MadameWang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish wore so well for me! I absolutely love the duochrome finish and the shade. The formula was good and went on smooth. When it dried, it settled on my nails so well, so nice and thin and light. I didn't even get tip wear for two days, and I even wore it for that long! (Frequent polisher here!) I love this collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by tammee38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is great for the excellent formula and overall quality of this polish. It's so fun to wear and I love the duo chrome look. One of my favorite colors to wear all year round but especially during fall and winter. I wish they'd make the cosmic fx collection permanent! It was released a while back ago but I still see it in stores :). Worth the buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite Orly polishes. It reminds me of MAC Blue Brown pigment. It's a deep burgundy/purple jelly base with blue/green duochrome glass fleck glitter particles. Applies evenly and smoothly. Admittedly, the glass fleck really only hits the spotlight when you're in the sun, but it's still a beautiful color. I've done a good five mani's with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like most I am disappointed with this color. The star of the show was Space Cadet (wish I just bought 2 of these). It's expensive for an orly. I just use it for pedicures now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by superpony123

I am a big fan of the orly Cosmic fx collection. The duochrome in this polish admittedly is not as stunning on the nail as it is in the bottle, which is unfortunate. I do love the formula, though. I also like the color (which is a dark deep plum) when the duochrome isnt showing (ie not in sunlight or good lighting) so all around i'm a fan of the polish, though I do wish its duochrome was more obvious like some of the others in this collection.