December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know if everyone who purchases this is attracted to the fact that this powder is pigmented with an assigned shade, but I'm not personally passionate about it. I used the same shade as I purchased the Fit Me foundation in, and the powder outlasted the foundation.

I can only use this powder during the summer, when I'm darker, but it's a decent powder that gives off a dewy finish since it's not matte. I don't think it sets my make up heavily, which is similar to the Nude Wear powders by Physician's Formula. I like those powders better because they're quads of colour, which give the powder finish a multi-dimensional colour. This powder is one set colour, which doesn't work for my face because I like the middle of my face to be lighter than the sides.

Overall, I can see why people like this powder. I won't repurchase because I'm not sure I can stick to one shade of powder all year round. I wouldn't recommend this for people who want a matte finish to set oily skin. It didn't clog my pores, nor did it break me out. It's a good, light powder, especially if you want something that has pigment and is not translucent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As soon as I saw this shade in the drugstore last year I had to purchase it. It looked like just the right colour for my NW45 skin. So I've been using it off an on for a year and now I'm ready to discuss it.

The packaging is not cute to me but then again I don't like squares. I do like the fact that I can see the colour through the window. I do get worried that the plastic might cave in and leave it exposed, but it's been intact through all sorts of travelling. Underneath the powder is a mirror and a powder puff. The mirror is useful for check ups but the powder puff is totally useless. If I use the powder puff it makes the makeup look completely cake-y and way too dark.

The powder is a great match for my skin and completely disappears once I put it on. Mocha is a warm toned brown with no shimmer at all. The coverage is great but still looks natural. My skin doesn't feel weighed down by this powder either. It doesn't transfer at all either.

The powder doesn't control oil at all and its kind of upsetting as this powder touts itself as being shine-free. I know Maybelline is coming out with a new line of Matte + Poreless powders but so far it looks like the darkest shade in that line is Toffee (which is wayy lighter then Mocha!). So I think I'd rather have this powder then none at all.

I really do like this powder (because the colour is perfect) and I really hope Maybelline doesn't discontinue it because this is the only shade I can find in the drugstore that truly fits me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder! first off I do like the fit me concealer and foundation (blushes and bronzers are terrible tho) but I do tend to steer away from powders cuz of dryness, but this powder is so sheer but yet adds minimul coverage and makes a amazing undereye setting powder as well. I like how it doesn't completly mattify, cuz I personally hate matte face makeup its so dull I like to keep it dewy and this powder does help me still look that way. packaging is sleek and sturdy, color 135 creamy natural is great. I duno if anyone else notices the slight sparkly sheen? I like it, overal I reccomend and hey its $5 what do you have to loose?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by beautyinjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've had this product for a year now and I am absolutely in love with this pressed powder! The powder is a like a mix of pressed and loose, and I love how it's very light and easy on my skin. I have eczema and sensitive skin and my skin hasn't had any problem or reaction to it at all! I have the FIT powder in 310 sun beige (about 2 shades lighter than my skin), and it REALLY smooths and evens out my skin color. It also serves as a great highlighter around my eyes!

The packaging is also very cool! Very sleek design, compact and convenient! It has 2 compartments, 1 with the powder and mirror on top, and just under it is the puff application. When you're done applying, just throw the puff back into its little cubby! Easy and no mess left behind. Definitely buying this powder again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder so much. It's better than the foundation. I didn't like the fit me foundation but wow i love this powder. I've been wearing it for a long time now and it's biggest pro is that it does not cake up. I use this on top of my everyday foundation and it's so lightweight and flawless. I would say the only con one could see about this powder is that it has micro shimmers in it. Other than that this powder is a winner. I have yellow undertones and i use the shade 210 "sandy beige" which is on the lighter, more yellowy side. It matches my foundation shade (from another brand) perfectly. I do have oily skin and i have to touch up every 5-6 hours but the fact that this never looks cakey is pretty awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent drugstore powder for the face. Undetectable,lightweight and the shades match. The price is right and the packaging simple. Now if only their foundation in the Fit Me line would match the quality of this,then it would be great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by camijimenez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best drug store powder out there (and I've tried many). I use shade 240 on top of my foundation (which is very fair) and it really gives my face color. It is not an orange cheap color, instead it looks natural and far from cakey. I have to touch up after 5-6 hours but I love this powder.

(I've been using it for a year now)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a caucasian person who doesnt have a fortune to spend on sephoras face highlighting/ contouring pallets so decided to purchase one of these in Mocha 360 and let me tell you - flawless results, get compliments on my skin tone all the time,goes on very lightly and i dont break out after 9 hour day at work when i dont get too many chances to blot so pretty good stuff as a powder and good alternative to expansive highlighting pallets. thumbs up

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Lemiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't understand why this product has 3-star rating. I bought the shade no 110 (porcelain) as I have fair-pink skin tone. The packaging looks cheap. The product itself is very lightweight which I really like, so if you expect to have full coverage, forget it. I use it everyday and people can't tell that I am using a powder but what they told me is my skin looks matte and healthy (It covers my oily T-zone but still showing some glows which makes your skin looks healthy). I absolutely love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by rachel0106

I bought this powder because I was desperate for a new one, and basically, it was a disappointment. It was really cheap (around $8) but I just found it to be pointless. It didn't really mattify my skin, there was basically no coverage at all, and it had shimmer in it.

The shimmer didn't bother me too much as you couldn't really tell, but I got the shade 310 sun beige which was way too dark for me (considering the foundation shade), but you couldn't tell, because it had no coverage whatsoever. It was very lightweight, which I guess some people may like, but it just didn't do the job for me.