July 23, 2014 | 1324 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by nikitam96

I found this powder alright. it applies easily and blends well. my only problem with this product is that I have to reapply every 2-3 hours. other then that, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder for dry skin. I had started accutane so my skin was getting very dry, way too dry to keep using my rimmel stay matte powder so I picked this up. The package is cute but it doesn't look like you get much product. There is shimmer in the powder but its not noticeable on the skin. The coverage is light-medium. Perfect for me over foundation and concealer, I have a lot to cover too. This is the only powder I've tried that gives good coverage and doesn't look powdery at all. It gives my face a pretty glow and looks natural. Wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

My skin is kind of a combination skin. I get dry-ness on my chin and on my smile lines. If you don't like wearing foundation and your skin is in relatively clear/in good condition this product is probably something you will like. I'm not a fan of wearing much apart from eye make-up on my face during the day and found this powder applies light and smoothly on my face without looking cakey. I don't really have to re-apply it throughout the day.

I've only worn this powder with drugstore foundation which has a tendency to ball up on my face because I haven't found one that's probably suitable to me. So when I layer the foundation up to get maximum coverage (i go dancing and it gets kind of sweaty/i blush a lot) it can be a bit cakey. This powder temporarily smoothens it out and makes it look look less cakey, tho I think some types of foundations can affect how long the powder will appear smooth. If you're going dancing and it's really hot I would recommend that you keep the powder close to you as I'm not sure how long it will stay on perfectly with heat and sweat.

I use this as an every-day light coverage setting powder that mattifies your face while still looking quite natural :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use a setting powder after I apply liquid foundation. This is a decent setting powder. It does do the job of setting my makeup. The color selection for this line is really good and the 115 did a good job at fitting my fair, pale skin. The size of this powder is a really great deal because there is so much powder. This one compact lasted me for quite a while. The only problem I had was sometimes this powder would go on cakey over concealer. Otherwise it is a good powder and something I would grab if I am in need of a setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by maryy96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been buying this makeup for a couple of years now and I still love it! I don't use the pad that comes with it anymore though, I use a brush as I find its easier to apply and gives a more natural look. It's got great coverage and takes away the shine I get from my oily skin. Though I do find that after not too long I have to do some quick maintenance as my shine comes back after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kilolillian

I was looking for a product that would give me a little bit of coverage while at the same time setting my foundation and keeping my oiliness at bay. Sadly, I didn't like this product at all, it was hard to apply and it would clump together in weird patches in the pan. Also, there was a LOT of glitter,/shimmer I felt like I was just applying a bunch of glitter/shimmer all over my face. I don't recommend this product at all

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

As someone who prefers translucent/light powders which set foundation and remove shininess and oiliness from the skin, I actually really like this powder! I was hesitant to try this stuff because of the poor reviews, but let me tell you.

If you want a powder with full coverage, do NOT buy this, because this is much more of a setting powder. There is minimal colour to it. It could not be used as a foundation alone, it is for setting the skin over a foundation.

The colour range is much better than the Fit Me foundation range. There is no orange to the colour what so ever, and it is a little bit lighter than the foundation which looks great. I have pale skin and use colour 115 ivory. The foundation was a bit dark and orange-ish (but workable) and the powder goes well and the colour suits nicely.

It comes with a mirror and a small puff to apply the product. Excellent for taking the product with you when you go out! I bought two of these actually.. because the price is excellent. In AUS you can buy these for $7 at Chemist Warehouse.. or about $15 at your local supermarket.

Also there is no smell to this product. It has a very light and nice feel. Non-cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sephilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not recommend this product for anyone with oily or combination skin. After setting my makeup, my face feels greasy within half an hour. Right now the compact is relegated to my travel bag, and I still about ready to chuck it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked the Fit Me liquid foundation so much, I decided to try the powder (same shade, #110 "porcelain," which is the lightest in the range). Verdict? It is a perfectly servicable pressed powder. Very sheer coverage. Good on areas that don't need much coverage or as a finishing powder atop liquid foundation. Sometimes I apply a heavier liquid over my problem patches and then use the powder to dab or swipe over the rest. I quite like the color, as it makes me look a bit paler (yay!) (and it can even make a slightly darker foundation look paler). And it's not especially pink, yellow, or orange - a perfect neutral, IMO.

pro's: Pale color is perfect and neutral, light coverage, packaging comes with a mirror.

con's: Light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I thought this was pretty good...it sort of covered visible pores and definitely minimises redness. However, it highlighted wrinkles on my forehead and they're only fine and hiloghted some hair on my face that I didnt realise I had! Over large stand out spots it cakes like other maybelline products. It does mattify. It is not oily (someone here said it was but not in my case and I have areas of oily skin). It does smooth marks/pores/redness but im sure theres better out there. Also it could look a bit powdery in areas. Ivory is a good match for my very pale skin tone. Sometimes around the edges it will be orangey at first but I just blend it in. On my eyelids I have to be careful though because my eyelids and around my eyes are usually dark from tiredness and this is a lot paler than them. A few minutes after applying I could see id missed some areas on my eyelid that id applied with my own make up sponge and the bits I had applied looked white. The sponge included is ok...not very spongey. Can only use one side of it.