September 19, 2014 | 1103 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Emrosehorn

Really bad. I bought shade 135 Creamy natural, and it was wayy to light - it drained my face and my cheeks looked ruddy. Which is strange because my skin would definitely be described as light, I would never buy a medium shade foundation. Powder was chalky and also glittery. Ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this powder have 3.3 rating. I just took my Mac studio fix powder back because it's very heavy. And it cakes on top of foundation which I noticed. Mac studio fix powder is still a good powder but it's just to much for me. I didn't know what powder to get so I was browsing around Wal-Mart and came across this and decided to try it out. I'm very glad I did because this is the best powder I've ever used in my life. No matter how much you use, this powder does not and will not look cakey. It gives my face a glow and looks so natural. Even in natural light. I got the color 355 coconut. This color matches Me perfectly. I hope that they continue to sell this powder because I WILL continue buying. It's now my HG powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to reaplce my Colorstay pressed powder, and also to go with my Fit Me concealer (in 15 Fair). I bought this in 115 Ivory for my pale skin. They have 110 Porcelain, but that has some more yellow tones in it, so personally I think the Ivory is more pale with pinker tones). Bought at Target for a little over $5, affordable price.

This goes well with the Fit me concealer, and is a perfect match for my skin (even better than my Colorstay, which has a slight orange tone to it, though not terrribly noticeable). It's very light weight, and pretty finely milled. It does have a slight bit of shimmer to it (which some people do not like), but it does not bother me that much, and I don't find it that noticeable. It does give my skin a little bit of a different look from the Colorstay, but it's not bad. Maybe a bit more glowing-looking (not as matte as the Colorstay). No smell than I can detect. I like to apply this powder with my kabuki brush (I don't like the little puffs that come with powders).

I would not say this powder has super staying power. I've not tried it on its own, but with the Fit Me concealer, it does tend to soak up the oil and get a little shiny looking after a couple hours, so it needs to be reapplied throughout the day at points. It is a smaller container than the Colorstay, so there is a little less product (I wish it had as much as the Colorstay). I also prefer round powder cases, but the square case does not bother me that much- it's not a deal breaker or anything. The mirror is underneath the powder (which seems to be a popular design these days for pressed powders), which is kind of inconvenient. But i usually just use my other mirror anyway.

Overall, not a bad pressed powder for the price (cheaper than the Colorstay). Also, it did not cause me any breakouts (I have very acne-prone skin), so I recommend this for girls who have sensitive skin. I will be using this from now to replace my Colorstay. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am already on my second one :)
this powder is amazing for setting the foundation it is light and sheer not so mattiifying which I like and I feel it has small shimmery practicals which made my skin glow with out being so shimmery
I like it so much it is the best pressed powder ever after they discontinued dream mouse powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this powder up on a whim while on vacation... I got too tan for the powder I brought with me and needed to buy a darker shade. The store I was at was wiped out of most of the tan shades of powder, so I settled on this in 240 Golden Beige. It matches my skintone perfectly! I like the lightweight feel of this powder, I don't need a lot of coverage and don't like wearing a ton of makeup in the summer, so this was perfect. The lasting power is surprisingly good and kept me pretty matte throughout the day. I noticed my face looking a lot more glowy and dewy looking, and I think it's from the fine shimmer in the product.... and I actually really like how it looks!

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by this powder and will repurchase in the winter months. If you like a light coverage, natural looking powder, you should definitely try this one out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I see a lot of younger people (like myself) enjoying this powder and the whole "fit me" makeup line by maybelline and they specifically made it for younger skin. The foundation is light and sheer in coverage and feeling, as well as the powder and they have concealer so you can give better coverage. All skin types are different and this will set into wrinkles, so I would use a oil free primer before this. The powder is more for setting and it doesn't cake, not does it really set into my creases or teenage "wrinkles". I like it. It is a lighter coverage, has a bit of shimmer but it's microscopic. It controls my oily spots. I will repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by nikitam96

I found this powder alright. it applies easily and blends well. my only problem with this product is that I have to reapply every 2-3 hours. other then that, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder for dry skin. I had started accutane so my skin was getting very dry, way too dry to keep using my rimmel stay matte powder so I picked this up. The package is cute but it doesn't look like you get much product. There is shimmer in the powder but its not noticeable on the skin. The coverage is light-medium. Perfect for me over foundation and concealer, I have a lot to cover too. This is the only powder I've tried that gives good coverage and doesn't look powdery at all. It gives my face a pretty glow and looks natural. Wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

My skin is kind of a combination skin. I get dry-ness on my chin and on my smile lines. If you don't like wearing foundation and your skin is in relatively clear/in good condition this product is probably something you will like. I'm not a fan of wearing much apart from eye make-up on my face during the day and found this powder applies light and smoothly on my face without looking cakey. I don't really have to re-apply it throughout the day.

I've only worn this powder with drugstore foundation which has a tendency to ball up on my face because I haven't found one that's probably suitable to me. So when I layer the foundation up to get maximum coverage (i go dancing and it gets kind of sweaty/i blush a lot) it can be a bit cakey. This powder temporarily smoothens it out and makes it look look less cakey, tho I think some types of foundations can affect how long the powder will appear smooth. If you're going dancing and it's really hot I would recommend that you keep the powder close to you as I'm not sure how long it will stay on perfectly with heat and sweat.

I use this as an every-day light coverage setting powder that mattifies your face while still looking quite natural :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use a setting powder after I apply liquid foundation. This is a decent setting powder. It does do the job of setting my makeup. The color selection for this line is really good and the 115 did a good job at fitting my fair, pale skin. The size of this powder is a really great deal because there is so much powder. This one compact lasted me for quite a while. The only problem I had was sometimes this powder would go on cakey over concealer. Otherwise it is a good powder and something I would grab if I am in need of a setting powder.