April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by LittleArtist

I've now bought this powder twice. I'm fairly pale so I use 110. I find it helps to even out any darker patches of my skin and has a very nice finish to it, leaving my skin feeling smooth. My favourite powder and a good colour match.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. I bought because the Dream Matte Powder by maybelline (which was my absolute favorite) was discontinued. At first I did not like it because it has glitter, but now I love it. All I have to do is put it on and it highlights all the right areas and makes my skin look so flawless.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely useless. It doesn't do anything. I have no idea why they discontinued their previous best seller pressed power and make this. Epic fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by reginadj11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was weird because after using to much it kinda gave me a orange coloring to my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man..... 2 words "chalk dust" I have recently tried this powder. I don't actually often use it but once in awhile despite my dry skin my foundation can break up slightly in between my brows and a little around my nose. This usually happens at the very end of the day. I figured the one time I had to leave and be out late....I'd powder because it would be sometime before I got home to wash my face. ....

Well......I the only powder I use and probably will ever use is MAC Mineralized Skinfinish. It's dewy and my favorite for setting during warmer days. It keeps my make up in place well and has some coverage. Making it perfect for touch ups. But this.....This is just pressed chalk. It's flat, literally looks like you slammed into a blackboard full of chalk. You can see it on the skin....can't blend it in. Maybe an oilier person would like this..... yeah....Some people say there's sparkle? Where? Not in mine....that would make it worse....geesh. even powders that I thought I hated before looked better than this. You get my drift.

In any case dry skin beware.....even spritzing with fix + didn't help.....just not a good quality powder at all. I can appreciate a good quality powder...something that is creamy and easily blends into the skin whether you're dry or not. Even a transparant powder like MAC prep and prime that has 0 coverage and just basically controls oil sits on my dry skin well. ( i perfer pigmented powder though)Simply because it's a good quality product. Something that sets and stays. Controls the shine of your make up or your skin. It was only 6 bucks so I will be okay with my loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by maca7

In general I find Maybelline products to be really good, really good value, but this powder was a disappointment for me. I tried 4 different colours in the store, ended up buying the Buff beige 130 and when I put it on my face at home it turned really dark and orange. So be ware! This powder oxidizes! Also it does not blend very well and leaves your face looking a bit chalky. The pros about this Powder is that it is rather fine, the price is not bad, if you get the right colour if might be easier to blend and it comes with a morror so you can use it to touch up during the day.

The down side: The box is rather bluky, the applicator is a joke, it has a slighly funny smell about it and the end result is less than perfect.

There are worse pressed powder out there, but you can do much better!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by littlehooch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
cute packaging
Has mirror and separate place for sponge
Great color selection
Decent coverage
No scent
Inexpensive
doesn't cause breakout

CONS:
Doesn't last long
Made my skin oily after only 10 minutes
Oxidizes

For me I hate this powder. I have really oily skin And this made it worse. It made me oily almost immediately. I live in humid Alabama so I have an issue with my makeup lasting and oxidizing due to this. If you have dry skin and humidity and oxidizing isn't normally a problem I would recommend. It didn't break me out, or cause a reaction and it looked good at first. However between my oils and the humidity it made my face look dirty the way it oxidized and a lot of it went away. I had like brown splotches on my skin. I didn't like it at all.
I love the color selection. I have trouble finding drugstore foundation for my olive undertones and I found a perfect shade with the powder and foundation but it made me so shiny. I hope they make a line for oily skin! I'll stick with my mabelline shine free loose powder. Great for oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

really didn't like this at all I used it with the fit me foundation in porcelain as I have a very fair skin colour and it made me go all most orange with a lovely line because it would not blend ew! This foundation would be good if you were playing a leading role in willy wonker as an umpa lumpa!! It was no good for my oily skin as it went shiny after I'd had it on for an hour! With re applying it so often it lasted about 10 days which I'm glad because I quickly changed to a different kind!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sugarbyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ugh. glitter. I wouldn't have bought this had I know. Good shade selection though!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I have oily skin, and this makes my skin matte, but doesn't stay all day. Honestly, I put this on, and when I checked my makeup in my first class of the day, my face looked oily again. Not the best product if you have oily skin.