Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder

3.3

Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl glycol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I like the coverage on this better than my Mac MSF Natural. However, this has fine sparkles, which I hate. I use powders as foundation because I prefer a no makeup feel on my skin. This powder performs well, provides dimension instead of a flat look & is only $8. But sparkles are a dealbreaker.

I really like this powder. I have tried other powders for my oily skin and this one has worked the best of all of them, even better than Revlon Colorstay which claims to last 12 hours. Maybelline Fit Me lasts longer, and it looks much smoother. It really does create a flawless finish. I don't typically wear foundation, and this powder alone works fabulously. I got the translucent shade, which worked for me because I have extremely pale skin and don't even bother trying to find a tinted powder that's light enough. I would honestly recommend this powder to any skin type.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually like this powder! Been wearing it for years. I stumbled upon it after I couldn't stand the Noxema scent of the CoverGirl Clean Powder.

I wear shade 125 and it's blessedly neutral to yellow. The texture is really light and semi matte. No sparkle, but it's not flat,either.

A few people have commented that this isn't a great powder for the T-zone, and i'm inclined to agree. I've got drier skin, so I appreciated that it didn't make my face look like a desert.

For the price, this is a good powder. Compact is a little bulky, but I can live with it.

This little powder is such a MISUNDERSTOOD beauty.
I have repurchased and will continue to for a very long time. If they make it.

This is a very sheer powder with light mattifying power with fine shimmer that give it luminosity. It is not as shimmery as wnw Reserve Your Cabana, but it is not too far from it.

Do NOT use this on an oily T zone! You will hate it and come back write a bad review about it. Instead use it if you have dry skin. Combination skin types can use it to set foundation on the cheek and neck area, with a proper matte powder on the nose. It will balance the face out nicely.

I personally use it to set sunscreen on my eyelids, otherwise it will crease. This is the only powder that can keep my sunscreen from creasing and because it is so sheer it itself also does not crease. I use matte shadows only and this adds just that needed touch of luminosity.

LOVE IT

Honestly, I might have some anger issues, but my god, did that thing made me rage - and it was right after the first use!

Obviously my fault on one part: friend told me to buy it, and I agreed. She also said it's the right shade - she was right partially, but really, using this shade (220) on my face made me unusually dark and... dirty? I used the little puff they included once, second time my usual powder brush.

Nothing specified it had tiny speckles of glitter in it. It was really matte, but glittery as heck, and I am really not about fairy life. Doesn't cover blemishes really, redness is still there, but at least it makes me look more poreless. It smells of nothing, which I suppose is a good thing, since I'm using powder exclusively on my face.
It came off after a short while, which I was happy about. Yup, I was already fed up with whatever it was doing,

The packaging, my god, who thought this was a good design? It's divided into two compartments, bottom is the puff and a little mirror, top is just the powder itself.
Essentially, this results in constant flipping between the two, spilling the (really crumbly, btw) powder all over everything and the box itself. Just a design nightmare. But I suppose it would be good for smuggling drugs, so whatever. I'm just being really salty here, of course.

Good enough price, I paid £5.99 for it, but then I also use Collection 2000 powder, which cost me £2 and, quite frankly, is much much better than this whole endeavor.
I guess this is what I get for impulse, friend induced purchases. :(.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am doing a side-by-side trial of Maybelline Fit Me (setting powder/not the oily one) and Dermablend Intense Camo Powder. I am combo/oily t-zone.

COST: Dermablend side: $68. Fit Me side: $20.

COLOR: I am roughly NC25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid, and definitely C35 MAC Studio Fix Powder. Neither Maybelline nor Dermablend has a perfect color. So for Fit Me = 120 + 240. For Dermablend = Olive + Beige.

GOAL: My goal is to find a "full coverage" powder foundation, that matches my skin tone, and does not contain irritants (EWG scores both as a 1 or 2, which is fine in my book).

RESULTS: Well, let me tell you. So far, Maybelline wins! I have SPF (Kiss my face spf 40) under this this morning, and Dermablend side made my pores look slightly larger. Fit Me side is slightly more orange (grr, SPF!). But so far, they are SO SIMILAR its surprising.

I will report when I have more data. So far, Maybelline, I am SO IMPRESSED. And Dermablend, I am so disappointed.

i love the entire maybelline FIT line. it's my favorite drug store cheapie. it's always at a very low, fair price. it's something i can afford when i'm broke but stlil want to buy when i have money. this is just very basic pressed powder that keeps the shine at bay and my foundation in place, and this never causes me to breakout. no complaints. this always does it for me. i usually do use a high quality foundation so i don't need TOO much from a powder. i have used every single line of pressed powders, from covergirl to revlon, and this is my favorite. best bang for your buck.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Bought this powder and usually use it over my foundation and sometimes alone. Loved it for about two weeks until I started noticing extremely dry and scaly patches at the corners of my mouth.. I didn't think it was due to the powder as I sometimes experience this, although this time the patches were very flaky, red, itchy and dry.
I went to the doctor who recommended I discontinue the use of the powder. Haven't used it for a week and the symptoms are going down but are still visible..

Will definitely NOT repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I grabbed this at a drugstore when I couldn't find my usual blot powder. The shade I picked was 120 classic ivory, which is a close but not exact match. The compact has a mirror but to see it you have to flip up the top of the compartment that holds the puff. If you use the puff, you'll naturally discover it, but in the drugstore, sealed up in packaging, it wasn't obvious whether there was a mirror.

The powder itself is not translucent, nor is it a powder foundation. It's in that middle ground that doesn't provide coverage yet it is adding color to your face. I found that two or more layers altered the shade of my face. I happened to have a perfect foundation match, but after using this powder for touch-ups to cover breakthrough shine, my face shifted overly yellow. In general I prefer that a powder be virtually colorless unless it is truly a powder foundation such as Chantecaille's Compact or Kat Von D's Lock-It Powder Foundation.

It's mostly talc, so it has that fly everywhere quality, and can look chalky if you use the puff instead of a brush. It also felt heavier than some of my other talc-based powders. That surprised me because talc is usually light as a feather. There is also something in it that I suspect is irritating, because I get an itching from this that doesn't happen with my usual powders. It could be the magnesium stearate, although I am not positive that's the culprit. It was only $6, and that cliche rushed through my head, "you get what you pay for."

Maybelline makes some wonderful mascaras that I've bought multiple times, but the powder is below average. I'd also prefer that Maybelline stop animal testing.

Won't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in shade 120 which corresponds well with my NC20/Deauville-mixed-with-Ceylan complexion. It sets makeup without making your skin look flat. I like this powder as it gives a polished look to your makeup look. It gives very little coverage but that is expected with a pressed powder. On good skin days, I reckon I can wear this on its own. The packaging is square with a mirror and powder puff. I use a little Real Techniques brush to apply and it applies beautifully with the brush. I don't think I'll be using the powder puff. I don't think it does a good job at oil control but I like to blot and re powder anyway. Overall, i'm impressed with this powder.