Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Very cheap. Full coverage. Sponge brush. I got the medium tone.

on 9/1/2015 11:28:00 PM

Fave concealer

on 8/31/2015 12:15:00 PM

This concealer is nothing special. I bought it because I was driving around on a hot, humid July day and saw in the mirror all my foundation wore off my chin. I ran into walgreens, and bought this concealer .1 ounce for 8.99.

I am nc20 and got it in the color 20 sand. It is a perfect match, and the plastic tube about the size of a lipgloss is perfect for throwing into my purse for touch-ups.

That's basically all it is good for, however. It fades away pretty quickly. Its very emollient. It is terrible as an undereye concealer, it creases like crazy on me!.. And honestly- it is expensive. You pay almost $10 for .1 ounce... MAC prolongwear is $20 for .3 ounce. The MAC is actually less expensive and is light years beyond in formulation.

Unfortunately I learned the hard way you cannot travel with prolongwear's glass housing, so I do need a separate concealer to travel with. I was hoping my search would end here with maybelline fit me, but I was very underwhelmed with this concealer.

on 8/31/2015 9:49:00 AM

I noticed shade #10 is actually slightly darker than the shade #15 which is weird. #10 has a warmer undertone and when applied to the skin, I find it oxidises and turns slightly orange?! (This is why I find shade #10 perfect for covering my dark circles though! - the orangey colour corrects the darkness) I haven't noticed this with #15, which when I swatched the two shades side by side is lighter and has a neutral undertone.

The concealer has a doe foot applicator which I love. The product itself has a very creamy consistency and applies to the skin smoothly. If i'm blending with my fingers I find I have to use a smaller amount of product than when blending with a brush or sponge because the concealer is slightly wet, so it seems to take a while to blend and the product slides about.

The finish is lovely- it dries semi-matte so you do need to set it (You should with any concealer though in my opinion :P) - the only down side I've had to this concealer is the staying power. If you have oily skin, stay away :( I find it slides off my face throughout the day, even after setting with a powder, so I personally wouldn't use it to conceal spots or scarring. I have oily/dry combination skin and when I use this concealer to conceal redness around my nose and acne scarring on my forehead or on my chin, I find it doesn't last at all and half way through the day you can see my imperfections again. Using the concealer under my eyes is a lot better and I find it's longer wearing (probably because I don't get oily there so it doesn't slide around as much).

I've never had an issue with the product creasing unless I don't set it with a powder, I don't notice a smell, it's affordable and considering a little bit of this product goes a long way, the pros definitely outweigh the cons which is why I've repurchased 4 times now.

on 8/29/2015 4:28:00 PM

Depending on what you need out of a concealer this could be either very good or bad depending. It hid my under eye circles, spots and redness when applied, its smooth and not too cakey, great right? Unless you need it to last for more than 3 hours, and that's when the concealer SLIDES off your damn imperfections, if I have a zit, its covered and as the night goes on..sigh, the zit is revealed to all who sees me, damn it. I wish it was creamier, it's not bad for the price, which is why I can't fault it too much but if you have DARK purple eye circles, yeah, this isn't going to cover completely, but if you have fairly good skin with trouble spots, this is pretty damn good (and you only need to leave the house for a small amount of time).

I mean, I'd buy it again if I was in boots or superdrug but I think i'm going to try to the NARS creamy concealer for what this concealer lacks, don't be fooled - its not a dupe but it is an average concealer which does it's job and won't break your bank.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really like this concealer, however it does not have the best coverage or a very good colorselection, at least not where I live... But it is really a good everyday concealer, works under eyes and on blemishes.

on 8/27/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is just a very "okay" concealer.. It usually gets the job done but will say it doesn't have the BEST coverage. It doesn't look cakey though and lasts for a fair amount of time. But I mean for the price it is PRETTY good!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product was a bit dissapointing.
PROS
Has medieum coverage
Lasts 6 hours without creasing with powder

CONS
Creases without power within 4 hours of application(on my dry skin)
Black rim around tube rubs off on hands
Low colour selection

on 8/24/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Wasn't too impressed with this concealer I got it because I ran out of the old one I was using which I wasn't fully in love with either and decided to try a new brand.

This one is verry runny so when you apply it you have to go back 2-3 times to actually hide the dark spots.

Also, I noticed when I apply it after my primer it flakes off.

on 8/23/2015 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I purchased this concealer I bought the lightest shade, for highlighting purposes. Used this on my undereyes and BAM, creasing. It doesn't matter if I set it or not, it creases. I am not surprised since all drugstore concealers crease on me(the one that does least is the age rewind). Any way, i went back to the drugstore the other day and decided to pick this up in my actual shade to see how it worked for concealing hyperpigmentation and post acne marks and oh my goodness, i am in LOVE. This provides great coverage and looks so natural. A little bit of powder on top to set it and it stays on for 8+ hours in the puerto rico sun and humidity!! I absolutely love it. I would only love it more if it didn't make my undereyes look as dry as the sahara desert, but alas my mac prolong wear remains as the only concealer who doesn't. However if you have/had acne and you're only looking to conceal post acne marks, BUY THIS!