Essence Volume Mascara Purple

Price: $

on 12/20/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent purple-coloured mascara from a really cheap but very good quality brand called Essence. It is so cheap, I got it on sale where they were selling 3 items for 4 euros. But this is the best purple mascara I've ever tried. I've tried many purple mascaras (Yves Rocher, Deborah) but they never ever ever show up purple on my black lashes! They just look black! But this mascara actually looked purple and not black. I think perhaps it's because it isn't a deep, intense dark purple but rather a bright shade almost like mauve or lilac. For a coloured mascara to show up on black lashes I think you need a more electric, pastel shade rather than a deep, intense one. Okay, so it makes my lashes look lighter than they really are, so the effect isn't as intense and dramatic, but it's a really fun colour and really shows off black lashes. This mascara also has the virtue of volumizing and lengthening a bit, maybe not as much as a party mascara, but it does make a noticeable difference. It also gave me a curl, and I don't use an eyelash curler!

on 12/16/2010 11:40:00 PM