Gabriel Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

3.7

Aqua (Infusion of Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, OenotheraBiennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Lecithin, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Kaolin, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate

on 2/25/2015 10:20:00 AM

I REALLY wanted to like this and was ready to make the complete switch over to have this be my every day. I have been a longtime Estee Lauder Double Wear fan but since becoming a mom I have switched almost all my products to natural based. I got the Light Pale one, upon application with a dense stippling brush the coverage seemed great, surprisingly matte, the match for the colour seemed great. After about an hour though I was very oily in my T zone and then my usual dry patches looked extra flaky.

Disappointed as I really was gunning for a win here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After years of using name brand foundation, I found myself with breakouts suddenly and realized that the company recently changed its formula and my skin just could not handle the new ingredients. I have fair, sensitive skin with early-onset mild rosacea and needed something that wouldn't aggravate my skin while covering up the redness. I found this foundation at a natural foods store and decided to give it a go since it was certified gluten-free (I have Celiac disease) and was mostly natural ingredients. I bought Pale Ivory. Though the price tag was hideous, I'm glad I bought it. It is moderate coverage and goes on smooth. I like that it has a matte appearance when applied as some foundations give my skin an oily look. I used to have to use powder to get rid of the shine, but I don't have to worry about that with this foundation. It makes my face feel silky and doesn't clog my pores. My old foundation would "sit" on my skin and cause my face to itch. I feel like I can wear this foundation all day with no irritation and it washes off easily with mild soap and water. Though the price is overkill, I will continue to buy this as long as it doesn't irritate my skin. I wish, however, that it had a pump-top instead of being open since it would keep the product more sterile and away from bacteria.

on 12/13/2014 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After a long and tedious battle with my skin, I came to the realization that my skin can't handle anything that isn't mostly natural. Which at first seemed like a huge bummer, but is actually a blessing in disguise knowing that the cosmetic industry has very little to no regulations on the plethora of toxic chemicals they can put in their products. But I digress. I purchased this foundation in pale ivory from a whole foods store. Although a bit pricey ($25) the color matched me perfectly so I decided to try it out. I'd say this foundation gives you a light-medium coverage and is definitely buildable. It has been a bit tricky trying to find out an application method that works for me though as it is a bit difficult to blend. It sets pretty fast, and goes on a bit streaky. What I've found works for me is I use a stippling brush to apply my first layer. After it dries, I use my beauty blender for additional coverage and that pretty much solves that issue. It seems like it does dry my skin out a tad, meaning it will cling to my dry patches and look a bit cakey towards the end of the day even though I don't necessarily have dry skin. This isn't a huge issue for me as I usually don't wear my makeup for any longer than 8 hours at a time and if I do happen to wear it longer I will just reapply in areas that need touching up. All in all I would say this is a good foundation for me. It doesn't bother my skin, is fairly "clean" ingredient wise, and is a perfect color match for me.

on 12/27/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh how do I hate you Gabriel foundation!! let me count the ways.

I was really excited to try this foundation because my friend had recommended it to me and because my skin is so terribly sensitive that I welcome organic/natural cosmetics with open arms. Sadly, this missed the mark on a number of levels. The ONE good thing I will say is that my shade, Pale Ivory (the lightest), was a relatively decent match for my N15 skin. If you're any lighter and/or cooler than me, though.... You're out of luck. Also the coverage is decently medium.

OK, onto the bad. Firstly this makeup is packaged without a pump or anything, it's fragile, and it wastes a ton of product. Secondly, the texture of this stuff is just not good, even on my dry skin it just sits there like a weird, disgusting mask, and it leaves your skin with a lovely (ha) cake-y, grainy, "stale" finish. Yum! Love it! Even after I set it with powder the weird texture would not dissipate. It's largely a formulation of oils and clay so I can't imagine it's great for the pores either. It's difficult to blend. And overall, at the price ($28 at my Whole Foods but I've seen it as high as $45), it's just a total dud!!!

I'm so glad I got a sample instead of buying it on the spot.

on 6/3/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. I got the color in Pale Ivory, as I'm very light and neutral, and it matched me perfectly. It's very smooth and a small amount goes such a long way. I naturally have a lot of pink in my cheeks and forehead, and it did such a good job at hiding this. It lasted all day, and my skin actually appears healthier now, after I've been wearing it for several weeks. I do tend to have drier skin, though, so I don't think it'd be so good on people with oilier skin. I would definitely recommend this, especially because they have such good colors for lighter skin, which is so difficult to find.

on 5/2/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation! I have very light, sensitive skin that reacts to silicones, talc and many other things. This makeup has helped clear up my skin. It is hard to find a match, but so worth it if you can. I even bought two colors to mix because the benefits of healthy skin outweigh the difficulties with it. I wish the packaging was better, but again not a deal breaker. When I first bought this, I hated it because of the coverage it just wouldn't look right. However, I purchased the Sigma F80 after reading so many great reviews and tried it with this foundation and it the results are amazing. Many times I don't need concealer after applying it and a little bit goes a long way. Another thing I found that helps is to put a little on the back of my hand, stipple it on my brush then on my face rather than dabbing it on my skin and then stippling it out. It dries too fast that way. I also use the powder to set it. I've heard it compared to Mac, but a healthy alternative that is good for your skin. Definitely my HG.

on 4/17/2013 4:11:00 PM

Ive really tried to be more cautious about what I put in my body, which of course includes what I put on my skin, so I decided to try Gabriels "True Beige" (medium skin, warm beige undertone) Im a MAC NW25 for reference. I picked this up at Sprouts Market (also available at Whole Foods) and was able to try it on in store, but once I got home I noticed its definitely to orange for me and so I have to really blend well into the neck. Powder definitely helps. The coverage is minimal at best and after my work day is over I certainly look a little spent. I really noticed how light the coverage was when I used MAC on certain occasions and just looked more refreshed. Its definitely not great in terms of coverage and I probably need to try a different shade next time, but I still feel like the benefits outweigh the challenges. Im open to trying others though, so msg me if you have suggestions!!

on 2/21/2013 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for two days now. Before I was using Juice Beauty foundation so I was skeptical of trying a new natural foundation. I will start with the shipping costs for those who do not live in the USA. It is VERY expensive for Gabriel to ship to Canada and that is really disappointing for those who do not live in the states. They have good products so it is a shame those from outside the states have to pay shipping that is more expensive than the actual foundation. Now onto the product. It was hard to tell what shade I was online but decided to go with True Beige. I have a noticeable yellow tinge to my skin. I am not pale but more of a light/medium tone. I will burn without sun protection but tan with sunscreen. Hopefully that helps someone regarding colour. When I first saw the foundation colour on the back of my hand I was alarmed as it was quite dark. I always mix my foundation with rose water on the back of my hand and as I put it on my face I realized that it was blendable. It also sucks because the bottle has no pump or spatula so I had to use a qtip to get it out. A pump would be ideal. And by the time I used face powder it was fine. I think I would try Natural Beige next time and see how that works for me. This foundation is medium coverage and dries super fast. I cannot imagine not using a mineral mist spray while applying this stuff. I do wish the coverage was a bit heaver but if you use concealer you will be fine. I also have a pretty oily tzone and this stuff held up relatively well during the day. I did have to reapply powder but I honestly do not mind that. This is a natural and safe foundation and I have a realistic expectation that it us unlikely to find an absolutely amazing foundation. I cannot compare it to my old vichy aura teint which was my HG foundation but because it is all natural and works well I will continue to use. I would suggest using the zuzuluxe dual powder foundation on top of this if you have extremely oily skin. I will be purchasing that once I am out of my regular powder.

on 8/1/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very fair skin and what appealed to me about this product was: a) not tested on animals (cruelty-free) and b) it comes in a shade of pale that is perfect for me.

I like the fact that it has titanium dioxide as a sunscreen as I am tired of all the chemical ones.

This is a great foundation with great coverage, no odour, no problems with it at all except the price ($45) and the bottle. It's hard to get enough product out of the bottle, I prefer a squeeze tube. Oh well, it's a minor irritant for a great product which I will buy again.

on 12/2/2011 2:16:00 PM

This is my HG foundation at the moment. I can't really picture myself finding another since I've switched to using organic products and it was hard enough to find an organic foundation that worked for me. I love this foundation so much I would compare this to MAC. I was using MAC Pro Longwear before this. However, this foundation does not feel heavy to me. I mean it can if you put too much, but a little goes a long way. It does have a pretty strong pink understone but I just deal with it since it works so well. I usually have very oily skin but not so much now that I use this foundation together with Gabriel Cosmetics Dual Powder Foundation to set.