October 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Liquid - Gabriel - Moisturizing Liquid Foundation SPF 18

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Oh how do I hate you Gabriel foundation!! let me count the ways.

I was really excited to try this foundation because my friend had recommended it to me and because my skin is so terribly sensitive that I welcome organic/natural cosmetics with open arms. Sadly, this missed the mark on a number of levels. The ONE good thing I will say is that my shade, Pale Ivory (the lightest), was a relatively decent match for my N15 skin. If you're any lighter and/or cooler than me, though.... You're out of luck. Also the coverage is decently medium.

OK, onto the bad. Firstly this makeup is packaged without a pump or anything, it's fragile, and it wastes a ton of product. Secondly, the texture of this stuff is just not good, even on my dry skin it just sits there like a weird, disgusting mask, and it leaves your skin with a lovely (ha) cake-y, grainy, "stale" finish. Yum! Love it! Even after I set it with powder the weird texture would not dissipate. It's largely a formulation of oils and clay so I can't imagine it's great for the pores either. It's difficult to blend. And overall, at the price ($28 at my Whole Foods but I've seen it as high as $45), it's just a total dud!!!

I'm so glad I got a sample instead of buying it on the spot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by geeksofly12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation. I got the color in Pale Ivory, as I'm very light and neutral, and it matched me perfectly. It's very smooth and a small amount goes such a long way. I naturally have a lot of pink in my cheeks and forehead, and it did such a good job at hiding this. It lasted all day, and my skin actually appears healthier now, after I've been wearing it for several weeks. I do tend to have drier skin, though, so I don't think it'd be so good on people with oilier skin. I would definitely recommend this, especially because they have such good colors for lighter skin, which is so difficult to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I have very light, sensitive skin that reacts to silicones, talc and many other things. This makeup has helped clear up my skin. It is hard to find a match, but so worth it if you can. I even bought two colors to mix because the benefits of healthy skin outweigh the difficulties with it. I wish the packaging was better, but again not a deal breaker. When I first bought this, I hated it because of the coverage it just wouldn't look right. However, I purchased the Sigma F80 after reading so many great reviews and tried it with this foundation and it the results are amazing. Many times I don't need concealer after applying it and a little bit goes a long way. Another thing I found that helps is to put a little on the back of my hand, stipple it on my brush then on my face rather than dabbing it on my skin and then stippling it out. It dries too fast that way. I also use the powder to set it. I've heard it compared to Mac, but a healthy alternative that is good for your skin. Definitely my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by hiyaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive really tried to be more cautious about what I put in my body, which of course includes what I put on my skin, so I decided to try Gabriels "True Beige" (medium skin, warm beige undertone) Im a MAC NW25 for reference. I picked this up at Sprouts Market (also available at Whole Foods) and was able to try it on in store, but once I got home I noticed its definitely to orange for me and so I have to really blend well into the neck. Powder definitely helps. The coverage is minimal at best and after my work day is over I certainly look a little spent. I really noticed how light the coverage was when I used MAC on certain occasions and just looked more refreshed. Its definitely not great in terms of coverage and I probably need to try a different shade next time, but I still feel like the benefits outweigh the challenges. Im open to trying others though, so msg me if you have suggestions!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by tks243

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this for two days now. Before I was using Juice Beauty foundation so I was skeptical of trying a new natural foundation. I will start with the shipping costs for those who do not live in the USA. It is VERY expensive for Gabriel to ship to Canada and that is really disappointing for those who do not live in the states. They have good products so it is a shame those from outside the states have to pay shipping that is more expensive than the actual foundation. Now onto the product. It was hard to tell what shade I was online but decided to go with True Beige. I have a noticeable yellow tinge to my skin. I am not pale but more of a light/medium tone. I will burn without sun protection but tan with sunscreen. Hopefully that helps someone regarding colour. When I first saw the foundation colour on the back of my hand I was alarmed as it was quite dark. I always mix my foundation with rose water on the back of my hand and as I put it on my face I realized that it was blendable. It also sucks because the bottle has no pump or spatula so I had to use a qtip to get it out. A pump would be ideal. And by the time I used face powder it was fine. I think I would try Natural Beige next time and see how that works for me. This foundation is medium coverage and dries super fast. I cannot imagine not using a mineral mist spray while applying this stuff. I do wish the coverage was a bit heaver but if you use concealer you will be fine. I also have a pretty oily tzone and this stuff held up relatively well during the day. I did have to reapply powder but I honestly do not mind that. This is a natural and safe foundation and I have a realistic expectation that it us unlikely to find an absolutely amazing foundation. I cannot compare it to my old vichy aura teint which was my HG foundation but because it is all natural and works well I will continue to use. I would suggest using the zuzuluxe dual powder foundation on top of this if you have extremely oily skin. I will be purchasing that once I am out of my regular powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and what appealed to me about this product was: a) not tested on animals (cruelty-free) and b) it comes in a shade of pale that is perfect for me.

I like the fact that it has titanium dioxide as a sunscreen as I am tired of all the chemical ones.

This is a great foundation with great coverage, no odour, no problems with it at all except the price ($45) and the bottle. It's hard to get enough product out of the bottle, I prefer a squeeze tube. Oh well, it's a minor irritant for a great product which I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by namaenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation at the moment. I can't really picture myself finding another since I've switched to using organic products and it was hard enough to find an organic foundation that worked for me. I love this foundation so much I would compare this to MAC. I was using MAC Pro Longwear before this. However, this foundation does not feel heavy to me. I mean it can if you put too much, but a little goes a long way. It does have a pretty strong pink understone but I just deal with it since it works so well. I usually have very oily skin but not so much now that I use this foundation together with Gabriel Cosmetics Dual Powder Foundation to set.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by oakley21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too many oils = too many breakouts for me too. Foundation hunting is the pits! :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by queenfluff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation because the color Pale Ivory is a perfect match for my skin but I am breaking out - and I am OLD (42). I had acne problems all my life and Accutane finally trumped it but I bought this foundation the other day and I was so looking forward to it but know I have new white heads and pimples! WAH!!! Will WF's take it back?? I spend some of a gift certificate on it. So I hope so. I have very little money right now so I hate to waste a whole expensive bottle of foundation! I wanted to exchange it for the Zuzu Luxe one and see it that works on me instead since it is supposed to be oil free. I really wanted this to work for me since it gives pretty good coverage (good enough for me) and covers up the redness and makes my skin look even. I am worried the Zuzu Luxe won't give me enough coverage as some on here said it didn't cover very well. Well, if you don't break out easily, this is a great foundation and I loved the color and coverage. Damn! It smells nice too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by TeMpErMeNtAl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This broke me out. This gave good coverage, better than my 100% Pure liquid foundation. With this a little goes a long way, and it was the PERFECT color. But after a steady week of using this i started breaking out all over my face, at first I only broke out in my more prone areas so i thought it might be the weather. Then i got 2 pimples on my forehead and whiteheads all over my checks. =/ So disappointed