December 18, 2014 | 1362 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Make Up For Ever - Make Up For Ever Rock for Ever Dany's Essentials Kit

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Make Up For Ever Rock for Ever Dany's Essentials Kit:

Close to $600 worth of makeup for $300?!? Ok, so I paid $350 on Ebay because by the time I discovered this existed, it was sold out. There is still one for $435 being sold, and even then, I still think it's a deal...

EVERYTHING in this train case is a FULL-SIZED item w/ the exception of the eye makeup remover. This caught my fancy because of the full sized kabuki, HD primer [just in the knick of time, I just ran out], HD Elixer [I love this!], aqua cream shadows and reg. eye shadows. Those alone could have EASILY cost me the $350 I paid, but then I got the extra 3 lipsticks, 4 aqua eyeliners, 2x star powders, two smokey lash mascaras [one waterproof the other not], 2 falsies, 2 lip pencils, eye makeup remover AND a sharpener?! *dies and goes to heaven*

I missed out on the Dany Sanz eyeshadow palettes the year prior, and I super regretted it. I think I'm going to save up each year to purchase the MUFE value sets from now on, since these are such great quality makeup products, and this set alone will last me ages.

I was a bridesmaid this weekend for my friend's wedding, and although she had hired a professional make up artist for herself and her maid of honor, I did the makeup for 2 of her younger sisters, a cousin and an older aunt. AMAZINGLY, I was able to make her aunt look at least 5 years younger and her other bridesmaids looked fantastic! The pictures were PERFECT, and you couldn't tell any of them were wearing loads of makeup. No weird flash/white cast on the faces even with the HD powders, and everything blended beautifully. The HD foundation I've noticed worked a good 8 hours before I needed a touch up for shine on both the younger and older ladies I did makeup for, but a quick swipe of the HD powder, and the problem was alleviated. [Keep in mind all of us were running on less than 4 hours sleep over 48 hours, there is heavy camera equipment aimed at our faces and we're transitioning from cold to hot temperatures repeatedly throughout the day.]

Also, the maid of honor's airbrushed makeup did not seem to sit well on her face because she was an oil slick w/ cake on her face after the ceremony. I offered to remove her foundation and give her a fresh face before the reception and there was no more cake face after. She did get a shine, but I think she was naturally oily and stressed from lack of sleep the night prior. [Shoot, I know I was!] I would have gone w/ a more matte foundation for her, but this was a definite asset to have on me for the wedding thanks to the HD powder and primer, and a great tool for me to learn with since I am considering a side career of doing make up for others.

The train case is very rock-chic, sturdy, and compact... and when I say, "Compact," I mean it's a perfect personal train case for the bare essentials. Good for travel on a weekend out, something pretty to sit on your vanity or store your small/humble collection; not good for a potential professional to carry out to a job. I was really hoping I'd get the Dany Sanz signed case, but oh well... I'm sure I'll have another chance at nabbing some groupie swag another year.

The colors are wearable for both an every day look and dramatic night time smokey look... everything in this set is quite flexible. The only unreasonable item would be the punk/rock pink eyelashes, but I can see those being used in either a Halloween setting, or a high-fashion shoot. Might as well find something cool to go to like a masquerade/costume party or concert to go to just to find an excuse to wear it. =P

I will try to get permission from everyone in the photo if I can post the pics. It turned out so well, I'm kinda' sorta' proud of myself... ok, just maybe I'm SUPER proud of myself... and I'm ready to get PAID for this work already! =D

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No