MAC Paint Pot - Dangerous Cuvee

3.8

Product - Dangerous Cuvee is advertised as "frosted cool grey" but to me this is a lilac-silver with metallic shimmer finish in the pot. The texture is much drier and more cakey than my other Paint Pots, not creamy at all. It is hard to work with and doesn't spread across my lids very well; so instead of a nice metallic shimmer like in the pot, I end up with more of a chunky glittery finish over a smokier heathered violet base. On the upside, it wears a very long time.

Comparisons - More lilac/lavender tones, more silvery, less brown notes than MAC Fluidline in Catch My Eye. Much lighter, more silvery than BB Long Wear Gel Liner in Twilight Night Shimmer Ink.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - Until I find a way to make this work, it'll be better suited as a base than standalone eyeshadow.
continued >>

this is the prettiest shimmering grey cream shadow I've seen, I use it as eyeliner instead, and it just makes my eyes pop. I tend to avoid black liners because it actually makes me look tired and droopy eyed (my eyes are already small enough. the blue tint in this shade makes the whites of the eyes look even brighter. I have oily eyelids so I have to tap powder on my lids before I use this, and it stays all day on it sets

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried.

Dangerous Cuvee was originally limited edition but then came back in the Pro-Longwear Paint Pot repromote. It's a cool-toned shimmer-finish grey eye shadow that works as a base for powder eye shadows. The colour is very pretty (silvery grey with the barest hint of purple) and it's definitely on the 'glittery' side of the shimmer spectrum.

Some people have complained about it being patchy but I don't have trouble with the application. I use it a lot more than I thought I would given how shimmery it is, but I find it makes a great base for other shimmery shadows just on the lid to give an almost metallic finish. I then use a matte shade in my crease and it really pops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

like many have written, i find this dry and patchy, the only way i use this is in the middle on my lids like a base for putting mac reflects pearl, it looks gorgeous but is the only use i have found for this product. would not buy it again, instead of this i think mufe aquacream would be a better choice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This PP and a few others have been re-released for the Pro-Longwear PPs which the SA at the MAC counter where I purchased it said they would become permanent. I am SO happy about this because this paint pot has become one of my favorite everyday shadows.

I have green eyes that always have that extra wow power when combined with purpley-grey colors. So naturally I bought this shadow. (I also own Satin Taupe and Shale, both in the same purple/grey shade range)

I saw Temptalia review this and she said it looked very patchy on her lids, so I was a little scared it would be a bust. I am so happy it wasn't. Compared to a drier PP like Soft Ochre (which I also own) this seemed VERY slippery and I wondered if it would stay on my super oily lids throughout the day. I haven't worn i for longer than about 4 hours and so far have seen no creasing, but I do also apply a shadow over top for some extra stick.

Very happy with this and am definitely glad I trusted the "BUY THIS RIGHT NOW YOU NEED IT" part of myself xD

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this paint pot. It's great for a under a smokey eye to give a bit of shimmer. It can be worn sheer but is buildable if wearing alone and you want that true colour from the pan. I find it dries up on my skin more quickly than bare study. This is just a truly gorgeous colour for me. Only thing is I can't find so many uses for it. But other than that I really enjoy this and I will repurchase if I can find it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This paint pot is a dark grey with tons of sparkles. I've never been able to pull off grey eyeshadow, it tends to change to blue but when I saw this pp I thought it could definitaly help keep my greys true. I cannot stand this color, it is way too shimmery, glittery and patchy as well. I usually have to layer it 2 times then apply a shadow. This doesn't apply as creamy as permanant line paint pots either. I wanted to use this up but I don't have the sanity to keep it. I'm swapping it away. I would not buy this again.

I was lucky enough to even find Dangerous Cuvee. I got mine off eBay and not even for double the price!

I don't understand people's complaints about this paint pot. It isn't sheer. I find that it goes on very smooth and true to the color you see in the pot. It is a bit sparkly but it's so finely milled and I find that it looks very beautiful when you sheer this color out. Gives the eye a nice glow.

This color looks very pretty under Mac Vex. I think under any purple or taupe would look gorgeous. I'm excited to play around with it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this paint pot. I know a lot of people have griped about it's sheerness, but I always use a 242 brush for paint pots (especially with these guys, using your fingers is a BIG no-no IMO) and have found as long as I pat it on with the brush and give it a minute or two to set, it shows and stays pretty true to the color you see in the pot. I only use this for night time smokey looks, so I'm pretty sure it will last me a VERY long time.

I love this paint pot! Such a gorgeous silvery gray mauve on my lids. It's fairly sheer but I wear it with my favorite taupe, Shu Uemura's ME 850 Brown for my every day look. I don't find the texture that glittery, though I admit to having just a teensy bit of fallout sometimes but I don't find it troublesome to brush it off. I also use my shadow pressed lightly on top, so it sticks. The fallout isn't like Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy, for example, which I can never get to work.
Am so glad I bought it BN from another girl. Couldn't get it from MAC cos it was sold out really really fast. Would buy it again if I ever ran out, though I doubt, there's a lot and given that its LE, and how hard it was even getting 1 pot, I doubt I'd be able to find it to buy again.

Top Rated MAC Products