April 19, 2014 | 1132 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Dangerous Cuvee

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by maryel18

like many have written, i find this dry and patchy, the only way i use this is in the middle on my lids like a base for putting mac reflects pearl, it looks gorgeous but is the only use i have found for this product. would not buy it again, instead of this i think mufe aquacream would be a better choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This PP and a few others have been re-released for the Pro-Longwear PPs which the SA at the MAC counter where I purchased it said they would become permanent. I am SO happy about this because this paint pot has become one of my favorite everyday shadows.

I have green eyes that always have that extra wow power when combined with purpley-grey colors. So naturally I bought this shadow. (I also own Satin Taupe and Shale, both in the same purple/grey shade range)

I saw Temptalia review this and she said it looked very patchy on her lids, so I was a little scared it would be a bust. I am so happy it wasn't. Compared to a drier PP like Soft Ochre (which I also own) this seemed VERY slippery and I wondered if it would stay on my super oily lids throughout the day. I haven't worn i for longer than about 4 hours and so far have seen no creasing, but I do also apply a shadow over top for some extra stick.

Very happy with this and am definitely glad I trusted the "BUY THIS RIGHT NOW YOU NEED IT" part of myself xD

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by antynette

I like this paint pot. It's great for a under a smokey eye to give a bit of shimmer. It can be worn sheer but is buildable if wearing alone and you want that true colour from the pan. I find it dries up on my skin more quickly than bare study. This is just a truly gorgeous colour for me. Only thing is I can't find so many uses for it. But other than that I really enjoy this and I will repurchase if I can find it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This paint pot is a dark grey with tons of sparkles. I've never been able to pull off grey eyeshadow, it tends to change to blue but when I saw this pp I thought it could definitaly help keep my greys true. I cannot stand this color, it is way too shimmery, glittery and patchy as well. I usually have to layer it 2 times then apply a shadow. This doesn't apply as creamy as permanant line paint pots either. I wanted to use this up but I don't have the sanity to keep it. I'm swapping it away. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to even find Dangerous Cuvee. I got mine off eBay and not even for double the price!

I don't understand people's complaints about this paint pot. It isn't sheer. I find that it goes on very smooth and true to the color you see in the pot. It is a bit sparkly but it's so finely milled and I find that it looks very beautiful when you sheer this color out. Gives the eye a nice glow.

This color looks very pretty under Mac Vex. I think under any purple or taupe would look gorgeous. I'm excited to play around with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this paint pot. I know a lot of people have griped about it's sheerness, but I always use a 242 brush for paint pots (especially with these guys, using your fingers is a BIG no-no IMO) and have found as long as I pat it on with the brush and give it a minute or two to set, it shows and stays pretty true to the color you see in the pot. I only use this for night time smokey looks, so I'm pretty sure it will last me a VERY long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this paint pot! Such a gorgeous silvery gray mauve on my lids. It's fairly sheer but I wear it with my favorite taupe, Shu Uemura's ME 850 Brown for my every day look. I don't find the texture that glittery, though I admit to having just a teensy bit of fallout sometimes but I don't find it troublesome to brush it off. I also use my shadow pressed lightly on top, so it sticks. The fallout isn't like Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy, for example, which I can never get to work.
Am so glad I bought it BN from another girl. Couldn't get it from MAC cos it was sold out really really fast. Would buy it again if I ever ran out, though I doubt, there's a lot and given that its LE, and how hard it was even getting 1 pot, I doubt I'd be able to find it to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by misstammy

When I got this pp, I thought it would be perfect. But I did not like it. It seemed to have no color payoff( and the color in the pot is gorgeous) at all and was just a glittery mess. I tried applying it w/ my finger and a 242 and nothing seemed to work right for me . Well today I tried it with my 217 and it seemed to work really well. It left a good amount of color . still kind of too much glitter. I put this pp on the lid and than used the tapue shadow from the WnW silent treatment palette over it and than used the dk. brown from the same palette in the outer v and Mac Black Russian e/l and mascara . Well I had created a great smoky eye look. I even had several girls at Sephora comment on how pretty it looked. So now I really love this pp since I was able to make it work for me . I would repurchase this , but since I don't do a smoky eye everyday , I probably wont need to repurchase this and since this is a LE it would be hard to find. So if you are finding this hard to work with try a 217 and see if that helps. It helped me out alot

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by toobusytostitch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the comments on this one and decided that I probably shouldn't have bought it, being the wrong side of 40, and left it unopened/untested! Anyway, this morning I took it out, and gave it a try - put it on really sheer (and yes, it IS pretty lacking in pigment tbh), then put some of the Caviar Dreams from the palette of the same name from the Champale collection. Then some Zero eye-liner (UD) and black mascara (sorry, not sure which one). Four hours later, I'm still very happy with the look - a great 'everyday' look for me at least :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This paint pot is *so* amazing. I have been hoping and dreaming that MAC would make something like this for ages! Yes, if you're the type of person who hates glitter, you'll hate this. And it's probably pretty useless as an eyeshadow base too. But I love glitter, all day every day, and I like to wear paint pots all on their own since my skin is really oily and they are one of the few products that will stay without creasing and that are really easy to put on. I normally wear Bobbi Brown metallic long wear cream eyeshadows if I want glittery lids, but the glitter here is finer and more shimmery, which makes for a nice change. Plus, the creamy formula is great for me since I wear contact lenses and don't want glitter in my eyes. I apply this with my finger, as a brush would just make it look cakey and wreck the pretty sparkles.
Dangerous Cuvee is a gorgeous dark silver, so it looks really pretty all on its own. A thin layer gives a delicate silver shimmer, while a think layer turns it into gunmetal. I took some out of the jar and mixed it with a bit of Blackground to make a gorgeous shimmery grey that lasts all day. I should probably try to mix this and the other Cham Pale paint pots with some other regular paint pots to make them more shimmery. Would definitely buy again if it weren't limited edition, although the jar is huge and will last forever. But it's so great that I bought an extra just in case I ever run out!