Sarah McNamara - Miracle Skin Transformer

3.5

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Oxybenzone 2.0%, Zinc Oxide 1.5%. Inactive: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Dicaprylyl Ether, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecanol, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Ubiquinone, Tapioca Starch, Mica, Physalis Angulata Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrated Silica, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phytonadione, Cholecalciferol, Tocopherol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 7/7/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a while now and it is alright. I say alright because for me when used alone it does make a nice base for my foundation but it does not add longevity to the wear of my foundation or minimize my pores, but I still see a little something extra when I do use this product. I think it just creates a slightly smoother surface for my foundation to cover. Also, when I first purchased this they told me you could use this by itself and I did not find that possible because it left just the slightest white cast on my face. Now, I use this product and another primer before I apply my foundation and it is an amazing combo, and my foundation last throughout the day. I will be repurchasing this unless I find a primer that can do what my combo does.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

HG product. This is it for me - I found it at costco at a good price, and I've already bought it a second time. I am a woman Of A Certain Age so foundation can turn into a Whatever Happened to Baby Jane horrorshow. (You get older, you can't see close-up worth a damn, so really need products that are fool-proof and 110%reliable - plus, wrinkles, etc.) This has a ton of silicone, and just enough pigment - so it gives you that airbrushed look without the oil (yes, still have the oily skin) it wears well, covers the red, evens you up, and kills the shine without over-mattifying.
I just use a tiny bit to even things up, and put it in a tiny little jar to carry with me during the day. Expensive, but it does last forever. Look for it at Costco in the Pharmacy aisles.

on 2/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

I have always had bad skin - oily, cystic, flakey, pores, blackheads and now lines! If I am going to a party and need a great make-up base, I use Elizabeth Arden Ceramide; however I cannot use it regularly as it breaks my skin out with cysts horribly.

So, last year while visiting Florida, I purchased Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer from Costco. For years, I have used Cera-Ve moisturizer and Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Make-up in Ivory Beige. I am 42 now and my expression lines and large pores are getting more and more prominent, so I decided to try this "bb cream". I've used many before as well. At first, I hated it - "medium" was more like "fair", the texture was a bit odd, and there was absoloutely no coverage for my bad skin. I didn't use it all year.

This winter in Canada, I decided that my skin needed a change. I purchased a Roc 5-in-one moisturizer (lightweight but smells strong!!), and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in shade 55. My cousin with perfect skin had recommended the Bourjois to me. This combination felt great on my skin and both soaked in and stayed matte; however, my imperfections were magnified! So, I remembered my Miracle Skin Transformer that was barely used, and applied it after the lightweight Roc moisurizer and before the lightweight Bourjois gel foundation. THIS IS MAKE-UP VOODOO!! Pores are gone, expression lines are nearly gone, and the foundation provides the colour and coverage. I am using this as a primer only, and it just took years off and my skin really looks airbrushed. So far, so good.

on 1/15/2015 9:13:00 AM

This is by far the best blurring primer out there. Yes if you want to wear it alone your skin has to be already in decent shape but the trick is that it tells you for extra coverage to wait a few minutes and reapply for added coverage. This trick really does help, I find this makes my skin look amazing where other products have failed to do so. My skin is never greasy or dry, it's glory but matte at the same time. On the days I wear foundation this is the ultimate primer so win win.

on 9/21/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm sure this would be good for someone but it's just too thick and full of silicone for me. The shade I got didn't match my skin at all but it's so sheer a color that it didn't matter. Doesn't work for me under makeup as it clings to my dry patches. Also it's ridiculously expensive.

on 8/30/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I could use this. It's full of silicones IIRC which means it feels wonderful when you rub it into your skin. But they tend to break me out and this product is no exception. The medium shade would be too dark for my light skin tone if this had a lot of coverage, but it doesn't. It is "lightweight, luminous coverage" as the tube states. I've had tinted moisturizers that gave more coverage than this product does. What I really enjoyed from it is how my skin did look luminous, more youthful and dewy and slightly blurred. The older I get, the less coverage I can appreciate in my base makeup. I don't feel like I need to cover every imperfection anymore and I don't mind a more natural (but better) look like this gives. If it didn't break me out, I would've already bought a tube at Costco.

on 5/27/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I came across a sample of this in Sephora's Sun Safety Kit and gave it a try. I fell in love with it! But at $48, it is a bit too spendy. Then I found it at Costco for $30 and bought the full size right away. I've seen the shades run a bit light, so for light-medium tones (which I am) I recommend medium. The texture is a lovely light, whipped, silicone primer-like feel. It smooths on nicely and evenly without balling, and dries down to a matte finish. The coverage? Almost none. IMO, you need to have good skin to use this. What it does do is even out redness, fill pores, and control oil. So if you need more coverage, this would be ideal to use as a primer underneath foundation. The look you get is very natural, no-makeup, just great skin. I wore this topped with some HD powder for about 8 hours and it lasted well without any oil breakthrough or visible patchiness. Love it!

on 5/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been looking to try a BB cream. Saw an add for this at Costco and decided to pick it up. It is expensive but a good size. I have used several times and had no break-outs. The cons are you cannot use it with any other product on your face before applying such as a serum or it gums up into flakey balls. It is a silicone base in medium. It is right for my skin but may be to dark for fair skin and not dark enough for olive or AA skin. Overall it does create a blur and slight coverage. It does tend to settle into lines. I will not repurchase but use what I have for casual days and quick outings. I did use a Boots silicone based concealer and it worked well together, other types did not work as well.

on 5/17/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this as a sample through Birchbox and tried it. I thought it was OK but now that it's warmer I wanted a lighter product so I tried this again. It is a primer/tinted moisturizer with SPF20. It goes on very smooth and has decent coverage. The only place where I didn't like it was under the eyes because it only emphasized wrinkles. Too bad but I can find a light concealer for that area. I will buy the regular-sized version.

on 5/6/2014 2:45:00 AM

t's that time of year again to start wearing Miracle Skin Transformer. It's weightless and non-greasy formula makes it perfect for the summer. It makes my skin feel perfectly smooth, provides coverage yet remains invisible, doesn't come off onto clothing, doesn't get greasy, and makes my skin look and feel flawless! It also improves the way my makeup goes on, and helps my makeup to stay in place for hours.