April 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sarah McNamara - Miracle Skin Transformer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mkdallas

This is a fantastic product...the best primer out there, by a country mile! That being said, when I purchased it , I thought it was a BB cream and was bitterly disappointed with the performance and the cost. So I went onto MUA to see what others said, and that was the key to success. Even though this is stocked with the BB creams, it has zero coverage. Zero! Even the tinted shades cover nothing, However, if you use this prior to applying your BB cream or foundation, your skin will astonish you once your makeup is done. I am 55 with decent skin, but have a sprinkling of visible pores on my nose (happens with age). They are not craters, but a couple are fairly large. Once this is on my face, I can look in a lighted magnifying mirror and they are invisible...and no, I am not kidding. It does feels like pure silicone, so if that bugs you, avoid this primer. I've used Tarte, Smashbox and all the others out there and this is so much better, I can't even tell you. Very spendy, but you only use a small squirt, so I can see this tube lasting at least 6 months. I bought the one with a medium tint and SPF 20. It doesn't add any significant color but I'm a little tan right now and didn't want to appear ghostly. This is now an HG product and one I will never be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by burlesqueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this at Costco. I'm not sure if I would buy it again. I wouldn't pay full price for this. It's a good expensive hydrating primer with sunscreen. Some days that is all I really need. Don't rely on this for coverage. It does dry to a powdery finish so the blur is there. The tint does even out skintone. It feels weightless and after the day is done, my face does look as it did from the start of the day. It sure is convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by SwtMilkTea

I tried a sample of this product and really liked it. I am going to Costco this weekend to purchase a full size. I was a little thrown the first time I tried it. It had that distinctly silicone, slippery dimethicone primer texture. The product is more like a primer than a foundation/ tinted moisturizer. It has SPF 20, smooths skin, hydrates while keeping face matte, and has a light/ build-able tint. A great primer or tinted moisturizer for people with good skin with very little that needs hiding. Good for the no make-up look. It does blur imperfections and makes my skin look like I used a filter on my camera. Medium matches my skin perfectly. I use it by itself and use a concealer for spot treatment, or use it under my foundation. Great product. No breakouts, and skin looks great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by RoberCindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this BB! I had tried a few BBs and was given some samples to try and landed on Miracle Skin. I love how shear it is, the tint is subtle and it blends like perfection. Occasionally I'll add a little concealer over the top and it never grabs or cakes because Miracle Skin provides such a great base. I totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Kismet429

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, which can sub for foundation if you don't need a ton of coverage (a bit of extra concealer helps out with trouble spots). It feels as though it's silicone-based and glides on smooth as glass. The finish is matte and nearly invisible. It's heavy enough that I probably wouldn't wear it in the summer or under traditional foundation, but it's perfect in cool weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by hello_jamie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I was rich, I would go buy this right now. I am unsure how likely it is that I actually will repurchase however, based on it's high cost. It is seriously witchcraft in a tube though, very strange but cool. It definitely doesn't add color to your face, or hide zits or age marks. If you're looking for that, go buy a foundation. What it does is make you look....better. If I had to put my finger on why, I would say because it dramatically reduces the appearance of fine lines and large pores in the T-zone. I can't say how it works on oily skin, but on my 30 year old dry skin, it works beautifully : it looks matte but is also strangely hydrating and makes my face feel like silk pajamas. For days when I'm just bumming around, a bit of concealer under my eyes, this stuff smeared arounds with my fingers, a coat of mascara and I suddenly look like I'm just naturally a little better looking. It's never pilled on me, but I feel like if I don't wash it off well at night it might cause acne. Why can't this stuff cost less for us poor bastards?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Meh...I am extremely underwhelmed by this product. I bought this upon the suggestion of one of ULTA's SA who raved on and on about how she was using this as a tinted moisturizer on days she wanted to go light and as a primer for totally flawless looking skin when she did her "full face" make-up application. Well, with a personal review like that and seeing her beautiful skin in person, I was sold and purchased this product with high expectations.

I have a very hard time getting a decent application of this product, no matter what the purpose for its use (TM or primer). I found the formulation to be somewhat waxy and as I work to blend it in, it pills/wads up in areas where I double back to smooth streaks, etc. I have tried applying with fingers, brush and a sponge, and all manners of application end up with a gummy mess on my fingers or utensil. When I do manage to get the streaks smoothed, I have to flip my lighted mirror to the 10x magnification and take a pair of tweezers and pick the wads of gum off my face. I just don't have the time in my daily routine to accommodate the steps necessary for getting decent results from this product. I will slowly use up the tube I purchased (on weekends only when I have spare time) but definitely have no plans to purchase again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by irelandmissie

I am a big fan. I have large pores in my T zone and this makes them disappear. It lasts throughout the day and leaves a satin finish. Since most primers feel heavy to me, (I don't wear them often) I was happy that it was so light on my skin. So far, it hadn't caused any breakouts, which my skin is prone to do. I have noticed that it leaves a nice tint, however it fails to adequately cover mild imperfections like sun spots. I wear it to the beach and it manages to stay on as well. Costco now sells it, so that's a good bet. There is a problem getting it all out when the bottle nears empty, but I snip it in half with the scissors and store it in a ziptight baggie. This is just too expensive to waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by KitdeVille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall the makeup isn't that bad. It isn't the greatest makeup I've ever bought either. WARNING if you choose to try it, DO NOT buy from their website. They sold my Credit Card information to another company who called me the next day offering to sell me some other crap that I didn't need. They had ALL my information, including my entire Credit Card number. I had to freeze my bank account and cancel both my cards the day before going on vacation! When I called Miracle Skin and told them what had happened they assumed zero responsibility. I canceled any further orders, thought I was done with this company. I thought wrong. They sent me a package a few weeks later with full size product and a bill that said paid. I assumed it was their way of saying we screwed up....until they sent me to collections for $128.00 for that product. What a nightmare of a company!! Buyer beware, not worth the hassle for inferior makeup!!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kywildcat_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear this daily under my foundation. Great primer, moisturizer, has SPF. Upon application, my face is super smooth. and ready for foundation.

Great addition to my skin care and makeup routine.