January 28, 2015 | 925 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Combination Skin Moisture Oil Free

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Fictionwise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite moisturizer in the whole world. It's the most neutral moisturizer I've ever encountered: it's extremely light and completely unscented. It delivers the moisture my skin needs without generating excess oil (looking at you, Nivea Mattifying Day Care), which is crucial for an allready-shiny person. Honestly, if this moisturizer were a person, I would shake its hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:54:00 PM More reviews by celloyess

I discovered this product when my face was still full of acne and became hypersensitive with misuse of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It was so oily and yet so flaky, and just plain irritated. This was the only moisturizer I found at the drug store that did not burn and irritate my skin. I found that it was compatible with my skin because it just sinks so quickly and leaves my skin softer and plumper and hydrated. Over time my skin got better and my acne healed, but I was still sensitive to many products. So my favourite thing about this moisturizer is that even though my skin condition has changed a lot, it is still effective. Now that my skin is smoother and with less scars, I can actually see how it transforms my skin, and how it gives my skin a smoother and fuller appearance (which also reduces the appearances of pores, if that's your concern).

Since my skin is better now, I've been wanting to venture more and try new products. I've tried some moisturizers from Kiehl's, Clarins, Avène, Clinique, Coconut oil, Olive oil... but none of them can give me the same moisturizing as Neutrogena Oil-free for Combination skin does. Summer or winter, spring or fall, humid or dry, it moisturizes my skin so well and also controls oil throughout the day (~12 hours maximum).

It is also affordable and even more so when it goes on sale in the drugstore. ~$20 regular and ~$11 on sale + tax! It often goes on sale so I just wait on those and buy an extra bottle.

((i would take off half a lippie for the packaging. at the very end of the product, if you open it up, you will still get a lot of the product on the sides of the bottle so i just use the tube to scrape it off...)

Overall this moisturizer is economical and effective, and I won't need any other moisturizers, this is IT!

4.5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Sheaprior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this because of a sale and knew nothing about it beforehand and I'm so impressed. I was really worried it would clog up my pores and cause a breakout, which is usually my nightmare but it hasn't. It goes on so easily and a little goes a very long way with no awful smell at all. It smooths out my skin well enough for my make-up to go on smoother without making it slip off at all and I so feel like it controlled my oil. Over all, this is a must try and I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by uxi

This is a light formulation which is great for giving just enough moisture to people with oily/combination skin. Doesn't break me out and is quite cheap for such an effective product. I find it is great for all seasons for me, but do use a richer cream if you get dry patches in winter. Highly recommend for those that are acne prone and don't want to spend too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by fellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently bought this moisturizer after a terrible one that always made my face look oily. This moisturizer really helps make your face look matte and not greasy. I'm really excited to use it on a daily basis because it just feels so comfortable and moisturizes so nicely! I definitely recommend this product to those of you with combination, oily, and/or acne-prone skin (which i have). It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by tiffode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have an oily forehead and chin with dryness on cheeks around my nose. This product does exactly what it says in keeping the dry patches moisturized yet keeps the oily prone parts from getting greasy. it is lightweight yet hydrating to my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only give this 4 stars because I have only been using it for about a week. I want to see how this keeps up with my skin, and if it breaks me out, which so far it hasn't. If it does, I will edit this review. This is a moisturizer that does not make my face greasy and sinks in easily. I only need one pump for my entire face. I feel it works better when my face is damp right after washing it. I also use it in the morning as a primer for my makeup because it keeps my skin from getting dry. IT isn't a miracle, but it definitely helps with some dryness I have.

EDIT: I have used this long enough to conclude that it is contributing to nasty breakouts that are taking forever to get rid of. I usually don't get red, inflamed pimples that hurt but this product I have a feeling contributed to it. Also I wore makeup today without applying this and my face doesn't feel any different from when I use this. Really don't think it moisturizes ... I'm tired of buying neutrogena products when they lie and say their products are non comedogenic. This isn't the first time this has happened with them. No longer buying their products, gave them too many chances.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ConnieAdains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have suffered from combination skin my whole life with dryness on my forehead and extreme oiliness around my chin and cheeks. I would frequently get white heads all over my chin and throughout the day my chin would get shinier and shinier. I read somewhere that using an oil free moisturizer is the way to go for preventing breakouts and reducing oil production. I decided to purchase this product and I was pleasantly surprised. The whiteheads stopped appearing and my skin became less oily while also being moisturized in dry spots. It is a bit more pricey than your average moisturizer but I find it is totally worth it. Neutrogena products have rarely steered me wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by dodo0ex

Neutrongena's Oil-free moisturizer Combination Skin is quite alright in my book.

My skin absorbs it and it does what it does. It keeps dry patches moisturized and controls shine in oily areas.

It doesn't look as good under make-up, in fact it tends to make me break-out. But nonetheless, all I have to do is wash my face and re-apply the lotion again to avoid such a travesty.

It is not reccomended to apply this when going out because it picks up dirt and gets oily throughout time. A moisturizer with SPF could help, but this one just isn't the job for it!

If you want to apply this without make-up, that would be extra grand and could prevent break-outs. No blocked pores here!

In conclusion, it's pretty good! Purchase is a "maybe".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Andraia

I actually love this moisturiser. For my skin it works great by clearing up my dry patches and doing its best to contain the oily t-zone.

I like that it is lightweight and has a feather like feel to it. It is a bit runny but if you give it a few minutes it sinks well into your skin. I haven't had any breakouts and it sits well under layers of makeup (I wear a primer, colour corrector, foundation and concealer).

The price is quite reasonable and the packaging has a nice, clinical feel to it which I like for moisturisers.

Overall, would definitely buy again.