August 1, 2014 | 883 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Combination Skin Moisture Oil Free

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by dodo0ex

Neutrongena's Oil-free moisturizer Combination Skin is quite alright in my book.

My skin absorbs it and it does what it does. It keeps dry patches moisturized and controls shine in oily areas.

It doesn't look as good under make-up, in fact it tends to make me break-out. But nonetheless, all I have to do is wash my face and re-apply the lotion again to avoid such a travesty.

It is not reccomended to apply this when going out because it picks up dirt and gets oily throughout time. A moisturizer with SPF could help, but this one just isn't the job for it!

If you want to apply this without make-up, that would be extra grand and could prevent break-outs. No blocked pores here!

In conclusion, it's pretty good! Purchase is a "maybe".

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Andraia

I actually love this moisturiser. For my skin it works great by clearing up my dry patches and doing its best to contain the oily t-zone.

I like that it is lightweight and has a feather like feel to it. It is a bit runny but if you give it a few minutes it sinks well into your skin. I haven't had any breakouts and it sits well under layers of makeup (I wear a primer, colour corrector, foundation and concealer).

The price is quite reasonable and the packaging has a nice, clinical feel to it which I like for moisturisers.

Overall, would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by alishee

A fairy poor moisturizer. It does not soften my skin, and it is far too liquid for me. I also find my foundation does not go on very smoothly after applying this.
Still.. it moisturizes my skin. So it's my backup.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Danaelycia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this product for quite awhile and have since stopped. The SPF definitely does its job as I've forgotten to put on sunscreen before hiking and i didn't get burned.

I don't dislike the product as it did what it was suppose to do but now that I've been experimenting with serums and oils, I'd never go back. I found that after not using it for awhile, I tried it again as I forgot to buy my other product and it was so heavy! I felt it didn't really absorb at all but just sat there.

In today's market of light weight products, this one is too old school. They need to update their formula and I would consider it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by AllieeeCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I needed a "summer" moisturizer, something light that wouldn't make me very oily. My skin is dry in the winter and oily in the summer, pretty common for middle america. I recently moved to Florida and I knew my Cetaphil was WAY too heavy for my skin down here. I did a search of the best light moisturizers for summer and stubbled upon this. I decided to go with Combo Skin instead of sensitive or SPF. Glad that I did, this does exactly what it claims to do. It moisturizes dry skin without making making skin oily in the T-Zone. This paired with Neutrogena Deep Clean Gel Foaming Cleanser and Witch Hazel makes mt skin perfect for summer living in Florida. TIP: It doesn't soak into skin immediately, just keep massaging into skin. It's a great base for makeup or just as is. I wouldn't recommend this if you have very dry skin and hardly ever get oily. Definitely my Holy Grail moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

The best basic moisturizer for my combination-oily acne-prone skin. It's inexpensive ($10 for 4 fl oz/118 mL), widely available, and does what it claims to. It absorbs quickly and nourishes my skin while controlling shine in my t-zone, and I notice my acne improves when I use it regularly. I don't notice any scent. The bottle is simple, unisex, and aesthetic with a hygienic locking pump top convenient for travel. Every time I've gone out without makeup after using this moisturizer someone has complimented me on how beautiful my skin looks, so the point knocked off the rating is due to the frustration of being obligated to ruin the cosmetic effect with a layer of SPF. If Neutrogena made a high SPF version it would be my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Teen84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst mosturizer EVER!!!... I have a sensitive /combination/oily/dry skin. A really problematic skin but OMG this thing simply damaged my face!... Now i have a real problem and looking for acne treatments like crazy!.. This is the cheapest mosturizer ever literally!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Nfoster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow!!!!! I have had SUPER oily skin with tons of clogged pores with mild acne for as long as I can remember. At 31 years old I have tried many many many different products to keep the grease at bay. Usually I am greasy within an hour or 2 of putting on my foundation. Now after about 2 weeks of using this day and night after cleansing with the ultra gentle foaming cleanser it been 8 hours since I've applied my make up and my face is STILL oil free!!!!! No blotting sheets or powder touch ups needed! Super excited I found this on a whim. No new breakouts or clogged pores/blackheads and it seems the older ones are going away as well :) I will say though this is definitely NOT for someone who does not have oily skin. I can see how some people may find it dries them out. Love it!! HG! Oh on a side note when I first began using this I DID break out all my clogged pores became whiteheads but now all clear and not clogged again. So I'm really glad I stuck it out because the results were worth it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months now. I really like it! Its not the best moisturizer in the world but it's the first moisturizer I used that doesn't make me shine like I haven't washed my face for 5 days ; due to the lack of SPF in this version. OMG wouldn't it just be AMAZING if this had SPF and it doesn't shine!!! I have yet to test the one with SPF... but I don't really have much of a high hope with it since its reviews are like.......... *cough* bad *cough* I wouldn't buy this again since I'm always on the hunt for matte SPF moisturizers, but when winter comes back I'd buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a staple for me. I have oily skin and this was the first moisturizer I found that didn't feel heavy on my skin, like I was adding to my impending shininess, or make my makeup slide around. This is a must in the summer. During the winter I mix it with CeraVe because my skin gets more normal. I like that this product doesn't have SPF. I usually use foundations and/or powders that already have SPF, but when I don't want it at all to avoid the greasiness that comes with it and camera flashback, I can use this.
I use this everyday and I think the amount of product you get in a bottle very worth it.
Also, I am so grateful it has a locking pump. So easy to dispense the desired amount of product and to travel with.