Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisture Oil Free

3.6

Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Octanoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Lysine Carboxymethyl Cystinate, Lysine Thiazolidine Carboxylate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Benzalkonium Chloride.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my absolute HG staple back in the day. It moisturised my oily and acne-prone skin well and was a great standard and trusty product in my skincare routine. Now though, my skin (especially on my neck) has been having bouts of dryness and irritation and oh man, this is not the mosituriser for me anymore. I won't repurchase, I'll need to get something more heavy duty and organic.

PROS
- Lightweight - Keeps oil at bay
- Hypoallergenic, non comedgenic and all that good stuff
- Didn't break me out, suitable for combination to oily, acne-prone
- Fragrance free which is SO hard to find these days!
- Solid packaging that distributes the amount you need

CONS
- Seems to run out fast? Anyone else?
- Almost painful to apply to irritated/dry skin on neck (can feel nasty chemicals seeping in)
- Lightweight - not very moisturising for very dry skin

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Coming from a 19 year old, recovering from post-breakout scars, acne and oily skin, this is the bomb! Doesn't break out my skin, controls oil - wore it from 9.30 am till 8 pm and no oil! Definitely moisturizes your skin and feels soft after gradual use :)

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love it. This is truly fragrance free. It moisturizes without feeling greasy. I don't know about it controlling oil, but I really like it for its simplicity and would buy it again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nope, not for combination skin. Usually I try to use two different moisturizers on my face; one for dry/normal skin to use on my cheeks, another for oily/combination skin to use on my oily T-zone. When I get a moisturizer for combination skin what I expect is for that to not dry my cheeks and took off a little bit oil from my T-zone. This product did absolutely nothing on my T-zone. It left it just as oily as it was before.

It's a very basic moisturizer with no natural, beneficial oil (not every natural oil leaves the skin oily). It could be still good for those who don't need extra treatment, like teenagers with normal skin types.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was hoping that this moisturiser would be that one "magical" moisturiser that would work well with my skin, but alas it's not the one. I have oily T-zone and a lot of pimples. I feel that this moisturiser does not really get "absorbed" by my skin, instead it sits kind of thick and oily on my skin when I apply it. Thus now I use this product by squeezing only a tiny dot onto my finger and mixing it with water before applying it onto my face so that the moisturiser would be lighter. Teh packaging is A+, easy to squeeze out your desired amount. I won't buy this product again, but I would use it until I'm finish with it. I still have a long way to go since I use so little of it daily!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! I have used it for a couple months now and love it! It is great for combination skin but not necessarily oily skin. It keeps my skin moisturized and doesn't break me out!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not work with my oily skin.
Caused increased oil and deep blemishes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm liking this a lot for a nighttime moisturizer. It works really well with my combo oily skin. It's a really nice gel like texture that absorbs almost instantly, doesn't leave my face shiny at all. I would use it during the daytime too but I prefer something with an SPF. Overall a very nice, no frills moisturizer for combination skin.

This moisturizer is pretty basic, but it does a decent job of moisturizing my face, as long as my face isn't too dry! I recently started using some prescription acne meds and I have a feeling that this isn't going to be moisturizing enough. It leaves a weird feeling on your face once you apply it, almost like you have a face mask on or something. It's not unpleasant, just odd. I've tried so many moisturizers, drugstore and department store, and this doesn't disappoint. I'll probably go back to it if I stop the acne medications.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have combination, sensitive middle age skin.. After spending a small fortune on moisturizers and becoming totally frustrated with all of them, I stumbled on to this, not expecting much at all. I was tired of moisturizers that left my skin too greasy, or too dry, or too irritated. I found that all the highly touted anti aging products with glycolic acid, or similar ingredients, all caused irritation . I purchased this, and after using it for months, I am absolutely ecstatic. It leaves my skin dewy and fresh, and never shiny. My makeup lasts all day, and it never irritates. I absolutely love it. One very important point: the other formulations of this by Neutrogena ( the regular formula, and the sensitive skin formula, as well as those with sunscreens) do NOT work for me at all. They are all too greasy, and the SPF formulas irritate. But the Combination Skin formula? Absolute perfection. Hands down, the best moisturizer I have ever found, in any price range. Five Stars!!!!