January 26, 2015 | 1891 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first started using Paula's Choice products, I bought the 8% AHA Gel but I found it pilled really badly so I ended up returning it and getting this instead. I'm really happy with this product. Since switching to Paula's Choice products I've been able to downgrade from full coverage foundation to tinted moisturizer because my hyper pigmentation has cleared up so much! I am a *very* happy customer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first Paula's Choice products I tried and it made an immediate difference in the clarity, texture, and feel of my of my skin. It also goes on well underneath sunscreen and makeup. Just based on performance, I'd give this product 5 stars. So why only 4 stars? The packaging makes it impossible to tell how much product is left (even when I do my usual trick of holding the bottle up to a light bulb). I completely understand and respect the reasoning behind the opaque packaging, but after using this product every morning for 4+ months, it's annoying not to know if I'm about to hit the bottom of the bottle. My other issue is the cost ($30 for 1.7 oz). I'm not tremendously concerned (yet) about aging, so all those $$$ anti-aging ingredients are probably lost on me; barring a major sale, I'll most likely switch to PC's 8% AHA when I finish up this bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
I am not a fan of this the formula was mostly okay. I confused this to be makeup since it had a tint that may match beige skin but defenitely wont match all skin colors. It had an odor of a masking fragrance ingredient. The texture was weird and something between a lotion and a gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by wjp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another of my must have products that I've been using for many years. Makes my skin soft, smooth and I no longer need to wear foundation. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this 2 different times. I got terrible cystic acne from this. The first time I used it for several weeks with no improvement. The second time I used it for a week and had to stop. I was getting cystic acne and whiteheads all over my face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this product, but the smell put me off. Get a sample before you buy the whole product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this AHA treatment for a few months, and I have seen a noticeable difference in the clarity and texture of my skin. I use it at night, and it makes my over-40 skin very smooth. I normally use mineral makeup, and I have noticed that I apply a much lighter layer of my foundation now so that my skin shows through it. The price is very reasonable for the quality of the product. I am a fan.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Leave my skin incredibly soft and spot free. My skin has never looked or felt better. Cannot fault this product. I wear it undermakeup, every morning on Tues, Thurs, Sat.

Only downside is it smells a LITTLE bit, but once it has been absorbed into the skin, the smell is no longer noticeable.

Would highly reccommend. Fantastic exfoliator, great for anti-aging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by slimmbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! I have pretty good skin already, but this makes is look flawless. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: So previously I thought I had bad product reactions and maybe that's how things started for me, but I developed pretty bad adult acne and coupled with severe picking issues it really went out of control. So as much as I loved this, I can't rely on this or any topical to really improve my skin. I need major help from a dermatologist and even then it's a guessing game. So I do like this a lot, but I can't use it as a solution for me. I also don't love the smell and color of this, not that it matters much but just putting it out there.

Oh holy G. This is my EIGHTH Paula's Choice exfoliant and it's by far my favorite. I notice an instant difference and a decrease in redness plus any extracted areas don't seem to fill up as much with pus and become cysts. I was hesitant because of the color and texture (I'm afraid of lotions and clogging issues). I was more interested in BHA, and used the gel for a while, but still had some issues. I tried other formulas and AHA and it was mostly too strong. This is the perfect amount, it has BHA in it as well, doesn't dry me out, and my skin actually shows signs of improvement. I'm still not out of the water but I am getting there. I also wish I could give an extra lippie for the staff at Paula's Choice. I was about to give up and just assume my skin doesn't like their products, but they talked to me endlessly and sent me free samples. Sure, I know they want me to keep purchasing from them, but they sent A LOT and always took my returns without issue. But this product alone gets 5, I really think it's that good. This is also moisturizing. If I use Retin A, even a LITTLE one time, I will flake for days, but with this I get better results and I don't even use a moisturizer (maybe I should but I worry about clogs) and it still makes my skin feel soft. Super plus.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No