Up & Up Maximum Strength Acne Medication (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel)

4.2

Carbomer, disodium EDTA, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, laureth-4, soudium hydroxide, water

on 2/18/2015 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been suffering from a ton of hormonal acne lately. So I went to Target and saw this. I had never used such a high dose of BP before, but I was desperate. I'm really glad I took the risk though.
I use the gel as a spot treatment on my pimples. I use a thin layer on each spot. Any more than a thin layer and it dried out my skin too much. In about 3 days my acne had pretty much vanished completely.
The packaging is decent as is the price.
I definitely recommend this to people suffering from stubborn acne.

on 12/26/2014 3:38:00 PM

For some reason, this just doesn't work for me. I have been loyal to neutrogenas on the spot for years and I decided to try this because of the higher percentage of BP. But it just doesn't work as well! I think it is because it doesn't dry on my face like on the spot does. Anyways, It doesn't do anything for me so I'm just gonna have to stop using it. Obviously lots of other reviewers have had luck with this, so it might work for you even though it didn't with me.

on 11/15/2014 12:15:00 PM

This product was great in clearing up my skin. I have acne and regardless of what I try it doesn't go away, so when my sister gave me this to try I was pretty skeptical at first but after using it for a while now I'm convinced that it works to help clear my skin (even on the stubborn pimples that lie under the skin).
I do find that it does dry out the skin, so I limit this to dabbing small amounts once or twice a day in problematic areas where my pimples like to break out, then I apply moisturizer on top of it.
For the price and how well it works, I think that this product is absolutely amazing!

on 9/7/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this only at night. Usually 10% strength dries my face out but not this. It works. Will buy again.

on 7/27/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I randomly saw this at Target last week and decided to buy it because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide. I was debating between this and the clean and clear brand but chose this one cause it's much cheaper. Ever since I started using it, I haven't been struggling with pimples anymore. Every time i see a pimple that is about to form, I put this on and the next day it's completely gone! This is my HG product I always have to have this around. And it's so cheap! (only got it for 3 bucks).

on 5/20/2014 12:26:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin, and this product gave me the worst chemical burn. I've used plenty of other name brand benzoyl peroxide medications and theyve worked great, but I would never buy or use this product again.

on 4/30/2014 3:20:00 PM

It works but it's harsh! This is stronger than Neutrogena On the Spot treatment. I recommend this as a spot treatment rather than applying it over larger areas because it can irritate your skin.

My only complaint is the cap is a twist-off. I would prefer a lid on a hinge that snaps open & close.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought benzoyl peroxide 10% from the Walgreen's brand! Only $5! I gifted it to my sister because she was developing some really severe acne zits along her cheekbones and in a matter of weeks they were extending to her forehead and all of the rest of her face. Her acne was reaching a level 3 and the culprit was hormonal. She had tried just about everything when I gave her this. She started applying thick coats of this on her face every day and even though she said it stinged like crazy, we noticed some amazing improvement on her face. Acne reduced size and every zit and pimple burned off, leaving her with some hyper pigmentation that cleared but nothing else than that. Super amazing product! It will kill bacteria and burn the gunk in your pores, guaranteed! Dont forget to use sunscreen while in treatment! Good luck!

on 4/4/2014 7:39:00 PM

This stuff WORKS. I had some breakouts which were driving me bonkers (caused by organic cereals, if anyone is interested). Not many, but they were resisting everything I tried, even the powerful Ain't Misbehaving, which till then had done the trick. I saw this at Target and since it was only $3, I decided to give it a try. My stubborn breakouts flattened and dried up overnight. Seriously. For my skin it's too strong, so I take a Q-Tip and rub this only on the breakouts, not on the skin around them.

Since I turned to All Bran, my skin cleared in a week. Thank goodness, because it was driving me crazy. However, this is great to have around for emergencies.

on 4/4/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I saw this stuff at Target, and after debating between this and the Persagel, I grabbed this. It had less parabens and gross chemicals, same active ingredient, same percentage, and cheaper. I think it just turns people off when they buy no name brands like Up & Up. I have moderate cystic acne, keratosis pilaris on my face, arms, and legs, nasal dermatitis, and thin skin. So, I jump on what creams that claim to help out my skin. I put this on my chin, nose and forehead, and I also purchased the salicylic acid from Up & Up to spot treat. This kind of can be drying, you just have to moisturize and watch how much you apply. I had a HUGE cyst on my chin, and it hurt SO bad! Normally, even if I applied my Differin, Elidel, BenzaClin, and a RetinA, it would be on my face for a week, minimum. But, I applied this stuff thee times a day, and it can to head in three days, and disappeared in five! Five days and my second head was gone. I've only been using this for a little bit, but it works so well! HG item! The packaging is pretty well made, but it is small. Travel size? All in all, yes, I will be buying this again.

(I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this didn't irritate, and it is controlling my oil.)

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)