August 30, 2014 | 1152 users online

Treatments (Face) - Up & Up - Maximum Strength Acne Medication (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by exomochiluv3

I randomly saw this at Target last week and decided to buy it because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide. I was debating between this and the clean and clear brand but chose this one cause it's much cheaper. Ever since I started using it, I haven't been struggling with pimples anymore. Every time i see a pimple that is about to form, I put this on and the next day it's completely gone! This is my HG product I always have to have this around. And it's so cheap! (only got it for 3 bucks).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dancindiva21

I have really sensitive skin, and this product gave me the worst chemical burn. I've used plenty of other name brand benzoyl peroxide medications and theyve worked great, but I would never buy or use this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It works but it's harsh! This is stronger than Neutrogena On the Spot treatment. I recommend this as a spot treatment rather than applying it over larger areas because it can irritate your skin.

My only complaint is the cap is a twist-off. I would prefer a lid on a hinge that snaps open & close.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought benzoyl peroxide 10% from the Walgreen's brand! Only $5! I gifted it to my sister because she was developing some really severe acne zits along her cheekbones and in a matter of weeks they were extending to her forehead and all of the rest of her face. Her acne was reaching a level 3 and the culprit was hormonal. She had tried just about everything when I gave her this. She started applying thick coats of this on her face every day and even though she said it stinged like crazy, we noticed some amazing improvement on her face. Acne reduced size and every zit and pimple burned off, leaving her with some hyper pigmentation that cleared but nothing else than that. Super amazing product! It will kill bacteria and burn the gunk in your pores, guaranteed! Dont forget to use sunscreen while in treatment! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff WORKS. I had some breakouts which were driving me bonkers (caused by organic cereals, if anyone is interested). Not many, but they were resisting everything I tried, even the powerful Ain't Misbehaving, which till then had done the trick. I saw this at Target and since it was only $3, I decided to give it a try. My stubborn breakouts flattened and dried up overnight. Seriously. For my skin it's too strong, so I take a Q-Tip and rub this only on the breakouts, not on the skin around them.

Since I turned to All Bran, my skin cleared in a week. Thank goodness, because it was driving me crazy. However, this is great to have around for emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kate2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this stuff at Target, and after debating between this and the Persagel, I grabbed this. It had less parabens and gross chemicals, same active ingredient, same percentage, and cheaper. I think it just turns people off when they buy no name brands like Up & Up. I have moderate cystic acne, keratosis pilaris on my face, arms, and legs, nasal dermatitis, and thin skin. So, I jump on what creams that claim to help out my skin. I put this on my chin, nose and forehead, and I also purchased the salicylic acid from Up & Up to spot treat. This kind of can be drying, you just have to moisturize and watch how much you apply. I had a HUGE cyst on my chin, and it hurt SO bad! Normally, even if I applied my Differin, Elidel, BenzaClin, and a RetinA, it would be on my face for a week, minimum. But, I applied this stuff thee times a day, and it can to head in three days, and disappeared in five! Five days and my second head was gone. I've only been using this for a little bit, but it works so well! HG item! The packaging is pretty well made, but it is small. Travel size? All in all, yes, I will be buying this again.

(I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this didn't irritate, and it is controlling my oil.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

HG skin care product. Im a teen, and i started breaking out a few years ago. I tried the st ives face scrub around last year and my skin freaked out from it. I got horrible cystic acne and whiteheads, and immediately discontinued use, but the acne stayed. I got really into skincare and now, over a year later, I never break out anymore. I still have the scars though, but theyre slowly lightening. Here's what i use:
-Carisonic Mia 2 (usually only at night, morning and night if i feel a breakout coming. I use this with either the purpose gentle cleansing wash OR the queen helene mint julep scrub)
-Purpose gentle cleansing wash (morning and night)
-Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution 1% (night only, presctiption)
-Up & Up benzoyl peroxide gel (morning and night)
-CeraVe moisturizing cream (morning and night)
Then twice a week at night after washing my face:
-Queen Helene mint julep scrub (w/ carisonic mia 2 and the sensitive brush head)
-Queen Helene mint julep mask

I love love love this product. I actually used to use the clean & clear version of this, but one time when i went to get it they were out, so grudgingly I bought this instead. Best descision ever. This works so much better! It dries my skin out less but i noticed a difference in breakouts right away. Its also a thinner consistincy. I hated how thick the clean and clear one was. Even better? This is a couple bucks LESS. I cant live without this stuff and I've probably gone through ten or more tubes. I use the tubes up pretty quickly (each one only lasts around a month) but i use this all over my acne prone areas (cheeks, center of forehead, nose, chin) both morning and night, and also as a spot treatment at night. It can dry me out, but not when i follow with the CeraVe moisturizing cream. I cant reccommend this enough, its seriously so much better (for my skin) than the clean & clear version.

Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

Bottom line is BP is the miracle topical product to get rid of acne and Target's generic brand works as well as anything I've tried. I use a lower percentage all over for my face in another brand, but I get Folliculitis (basically body zits). Applying a thin layer after a shower took the away severe, and I mean BAD, sore, red irritated zits in a couple days. I had a break out on my butt from sitting in wet bathing suits and it would not let up for a month, this helped so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

This product is amazing. The reviewers who said it peeled are using WAY too much. You seriously need the tiniest amount. NOTHING has ever cleared my face this much, and I've been suffering with acne for over 10 years. It even gets rid of cystic acne- you know the huge underground ones? I use this stuff when I first feel the bump forming, and the pimple never comes up! Seriously, for the, I believe, $4 or so that this cost me, it is 500% worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mastravesa

I use mua pretty much everyday. I am a product junkie...
I have purchased SOOOO many different products from the referrals here on this site, too many to name and alot of them have become part of my everyday routine.
SO of all the brands and ALL the products in the last few years I have finally come across one that I just cannot keep to myself. I must post.
Figures it's the cheapest and most of the bunch.
This target brand Benzoyl peroxide! Omg. Seriously???
I'm 30. I have the same sob story as way too many people out there " I have tried everything since I was 9 years old from antibiotics, hollistic approaches, accutane 6 times! Visualizations, yes, I said that. I have washed, cleansed, peeled, picked, lasered, detoxed, supplemented, juiced, prayed! etc etc etc."
I was exhausted. My last try was something called tepezcohuite that came as a balm. I waited and waited and when it finally came, I felt I had got my hands on the holy grail of skincare I had heard so many unreal claims to how well this worked . Um, no. I broke out really really bad from it. I was at my wits end.
I went to target to buy some concealer when I came upon this product. I threw it in my hand basket and kept shopping...
That was last thursday. It's tuesday now and girls I never ever thought I'd say this but
"I HAVE NO ZITS" .
NONE. I had at least 12 to spot treat on thursday. 12!
So again, seriously??? I don't think it cost me more than 5 bucks!!!
I did switch out my cleanser of natural honey to cetaphils clear cleanser and the gel bp and thats ALL i'm using.
I want to cry and I think it's because I'm so angry that this was all I needed this entire time. ugh!
I have to mention gossmakeupartist on youtube, he had a vid on how to deal with acne , I didn't follow the his instruction in its entirety but what I did take from it (benzoyl peroxide) seemed to be all I needed . Love that guy!
I am going to ease up on application, I dont want to dry out the undamaged skin. Now to hunt down the perfect moisturizer...