April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Treatments - Up & Up - Maximum Strength Acne Medication (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought benzoyl peroxide 10% from the Walgreen's brand! Only $5! I gifted it to my sister because she was developing some really severe acne zits along her cheekbones and in a matter of weeks they were extending to her forehead and all of the rest of her face. Her acne was reaching a level 3 and the culprit was hormonal. She had tried just about everything when I gave her this. She started applying thick coats of this on her face every day and even though she said it stinged like crazy, we noticed some amazing improvement on her face. Acne reduced size and every zit and pimple burned off, leaving her with some hyper pigmentation that cleared but nothing else than that. Super amazing product! It will kill bacteria and burn the gunk in your pores, guaranteed! Dont forget to use sunscreen while in treatment! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff WORKS. I had some breakouts which were driving me bonkers (caused by organic cereals, if anyone is interested). Not many, but they were resisting everything I tried, even the powerful Ain't Misbehaving, which till then had done the trick. I saw this at Target and since it was only $3, I decided to give it a try. My stubborn breakouts flattened and dried up overnight. Seriously. For my skin it's too strong, so I take a Q-Tip and rub this only on the breakouts, not on the skin around them.

Since I turned to All Bran, my skin cleared in a week. Thank goodness, because it was driving me crazy. However, this is great to have around for emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kate2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this stuff at Target, and after debating between this and the Persagel, I grabbed this. It had less parabens and gross chemicals, same active ingredient, same percentage, and cheaper. I think it just turns people off when they buy no name brands like Up & Up. I have moderate cystic acne, keratosis pilaris on my face, arms, and legs, nasal dermatitis, and thin skin. So, I jump on what creams that claim to help out my skin. I put this on my chin, nose and forehead, and I also purchased the salicylic acid from Up & Up to spot treat. This kind of can be drying, you just have to moisturize and watch how much you apply. I had a HUGE cyst on my chin, and it hurt SO bad! Normally, even if I applied my Differin, Elidel, BenzaClin, and a RetinA, it would be on my face for a week, minimum. But, I applied this stuff thee times a day, and it can to head in three days, and disappeared in five! Five days and my second head was gone. I've only been using this for a little bit, but it works so well! HG item! The packaging is pretty well made, but it is small. Travel size? All in all, yes, I will be buying this again.

(I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this didn't irritate, and it is controlling my oil.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

HG skin care product. Im a teen, and i started breaking out a few years ago. I tried the st ives face scrub around last year and my skin freaked out from it. I got horrible cystic acne and whiteheads, and immediately discontinued use, but the acne stayed. I got really into skincare and now, over a year later, I never break out anymore. I still have the scars though, but theyre slowly lightening. Here's what i use:
-Carisonic Mia 2 (usually only at night, morning and night if i feel a breakout coming. I use this with either the purpose gentle cleansing wash OR the queen helene mint julep scrub)
-Purpose gentle cleansing wash (morning and night)
-Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution 1% (night only, presctiption)
-Up & Up benzoyl peroxide gel (morning and night)
-CeraVe moisturizing cream (morning and night)
Then twice a week at night after washing my face:
-Queen Helene mint julep scrub (w/ carisonic mia 2 and the sensitive brush head)
-Queen Helene mint julep mask

I love love love this product. I actually used to use the clean & clear version of this, but one time when i went to get it they were out, so grudgingly I bought this instead. Best descision ever. This works so much better! It dries my skin out less but i noticed a difference in breakouts right away. Its also a thinner consistincy. I hated how thick the clean and clear one was. Even better? This is a couple bucks LESS. I cant live without this stuff and I've probably gone through ten or more tubes. I use the tubes up pretty quickly (each one only lasts around a month) but i use this all over my acne prone areas (cheeks, center of forehead, nose, chin) both morning and night, and also as a spot treatment at night. It can dry me out, but not when i follow with the CeraVe moisturizing cream. I cant reccommend this enough, its seriously so much better (for my skin) than the clean & clear version.

Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

Bottom line is BP is the miracle topical product to get rid of acne and Target's generic brand works as well as anything I've tried. I use a lower percentage all over for my face in another brand, but I get Folliculitis (basically body zits). Applying a thin layer after a shower took the away severe, and I mean BAD, sore, red irritated zits in a couple days. I had a break out on my butt from sitting in wet bathing suits and it would not let up for a month, this helped so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

This product is amazing. The reviewers who said it peeled are using WAY too much. You seriously need the tiniest amount. NOTHING has ever cleared my face this much, and I've been suffering with acne for over 10 years. It even gets rid of cystic acne- you know the huge underground ones? I use this stuff when I first feel the bump forming, and the pimple never comes up! Seriously, for the, I believe, $4 or so that this cost me, it is 500% worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mastravesa

I use mua pretty much everyday. I am a product junkie...
I have purchased SOOOO many different products from the referrals here on this site, too many to name and alot of them have become part of my everyday routine.
SO of all the brands and ALL the products in the last few years I have finally come across one that I just cannot keep to myself. I must post.
Figures it's the cheapest and most of the bunch.
This target brand Benzoyl peroxide! Omg. Seriously???
I'm 30. I have the same sob story as way too many people out there " I have tried everything since I was 9 years old from antibiotics, hollistic approaches, accutane 6 times! Visualizations, yes, I said that. I have washed, cleansed, peeled, picked, lasered, detoxed, supplemented, juiced, prayed! etc etc etc."
I was exhausted. My last try was something called tepezcohuite that came as a balm. I waited and waited and when it finally came, I felt I had got my hands on the holy grail of skincare I had heard so many unreal claims to how well this worked . Um, no. I broke out really really bad from it. I was at my wits end.
I went to target to buy some concealer when I came upon this product. I threw it in my hand basket and kept shopping...
That was last thursday. It's tuesday now and girls I never ever thought I'd say this but
"I HAVE NO ZITS" .
NONE. I had at least 12 to spot treat on thursday. 12!
So again, seriously??? I don't think it cost me more than 5 bucks!!!
I did switch out my cleanser of natural honey to cetaphils clear cleanser and the gel bp and thats ALL i'm using.
I want to cry and I think it's because I'm so angry that this was all I needed this entire time. ugh!
I have to mention gossmakeupartist on youtube, he had a vid on how to deal with acne , I didn't follow the his instruction in its entirety but what I did take from it (benzoyl peroxide) seemed to be all I needed . Love that guy!
I am going to ease up on application, I dont want to dry out the undamaged skin. Now to hunt down the perfect moisturizer...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pab22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly one of my regular items that I bought was a benzoyl peroxide that I think got discontinued a long time ago, which is why I switched to the next best alternative a few years back.

When summer hits my skin gets super oily, and my acne really flares up at its worst. Which was why I made sure to keep benzoyl peroxide in stock, as well as for the occasional breakout after the seasons changed.

While it may not have be quite as cheap or generously packaged, Target's benzoyl peroxide was actually fairly close to the old product that I use to use.

I try to use it sparingly in areas where acne is developing, and it does help in that department, shrinking it until it disappears completely.

Although I have had some irksome situations where most of it is stuck at the very end of the tube and I'm forced to squeeze it out-which unfortunately leads the cream to suddenly start spewing out of it like a volcano and wasting a good amount of it. xP

But aside from prices and a packaging it is a good product that does it's job for me, and I'm still inclined to buy it for myself when I need that extra bit of attention to very stubborn acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have the occasional break out here and there. I have tried SO many acne products throughout the years and it's very disheartening when nothing seems to work. I went into target and this product caught my eye. '10 % benzoyl peroxide means it HAS to work'. It was pretty cheap so I gave it a go. I started using this about 6 days ago. I just dab some on my spots before bed and I sleep with it on. The next morning the zit is completely dried out and the redness is gone. I have tried a lot of acne meds throughout the last few years. Some expensive but I never thought up and up brand from target could work this well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After cleansing I apply a thin area on my forehead which is my trouble area. Ive been using it now for several weeks and its hard to pin point whether this product has worked because I started using argan oil as my moisturizer the week prior to starting this product. I have noticed that the texture of my skin has improved. I have small acne bumps on my forehead and those seemed to have lessen. This also seems to keep the bigger pimples at bay. Whatever the cause for my better skin I will continue my regimen.

Once it dries it is white and flaky at times but that is only because you've applied too much or did not spread it well.
TIP/SOLUTION: Apply on damp skin and wet fingers.
Makes a huge difference and helps it absorb into your skin!

Update: I am almost done with the tube and my forehead has improved a lot :D I recall applying moisturizer/primer to my forehead and could feel tiny bumps beneath the surface of my skin. Now my forehead is clear of those small bumps. I will continue using and update if any changes occur.

Months later. My pimples and the texture of my forehead has vastly reduced (no more subsurface tiny bumps that I barely notice but definitely could feel), and no more larger pimples. Occasionally I will get something but not of the same magnitude and not as frequent as I used to.

Result = OMG HG Acne treatment!! I thought my clearer skin was because I went off foundation and switched to powder but Im back on foundation and/or BB cream so its not it.