October 25, 2014 | 825 users online

Skincare - Face - Emu Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SUPER hydrating, feels a little greasy but still pretty light for being an oil. The best moisturizing oil I have found.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

wow. what a great oil for dry skin types. have read alot about emu oil. as far as i know, correct me if i am wrong but emu oil and copper peptides are the only ingredients that are proven to thicken skin? anyways, i have such thin skin and i hate it. like anyone else here i am in the pursuit for my best skin. its all genetics for me. my mother has very paper thin skin. and i also believe STUPID dieting over the years has played a part in the thinness of my skin. the third thing is i think i abused lactic acid during uni years. ugh, the things we do. its also of course very dry and i cannot exfoliate too often, more than once a week can somethimes cause redness and stinging even when done gently.
did i notice a difference with emu oil? YES!!!
i had alot of the redness around my nose and darkness around my eyes lighten with this. i don't ever rmbr having even a patch of dry skin while using this. i sometimes would mix three drops with my paulas choice mask/moisturizer OR would use it straight up alone.
its not super cheap compared to like almond or olive oil but i feel like its justified. it sinks in really quick whereas olive oil would just coat my skin it was gross. the brand i use is called kalaya and it comes in two sizes in a pump bottle of glass. it says safe for babies on the packaging. it has no smell and feels luxorious.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Emu Oil is filled with omegas that actually penetrate subdermally. No fragrance, and repairs the worst dry skin. In the winter I mix a couple drops in with my Paula's Choice moisturizer and my face is dewy and glowing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LB1988

I just wanted everybody to know that this stuff is AMAZING for burns, like, seriously miracle stuff.

I purchased some National Treasures MSM Emu Oil cream from Selfridges because I had read great reviews and wanted to give it a try for my problem skin. I did use it as a face moisturiser a few times but didn't really like it for that particular use - so I was a little annoyed that I had wasted money on yet another product.

One day I was use hot tongs to curl my hair and I burnt my forehead, really quite bad - it was very noticeable and so painful and I was going on holiday a few days later, so I was more annoyed than I usually would be! Unfortunately this happened whilst I was away from home but the next day, when I got home, I remembered reading on the Emu Oil cream label that it was for burns, so I layered it on THICK to my burn every 30 minutes (not exaggerating) and it was gone within a couple of days, in time for my holiday! I was so pleased.

I actually stupidly burnt my forehead with my tongs again a couple of months later (I should learn how to use them properly), this time I was in the US and didn't have my Emu Oil with me - the burn took AGES to go, even using other creams such as Aloe Vera gel, etc.

Honestly, Emu Oil is a truly miracle product for burns, I couldn't believe how quickly it got rid of my nasty forehead wound!

I will forever have a pot of this in my beauty cabinet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lisflem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS:
Leaves skin plump and moisturized, making wrinkles less prominent
Can use with dermarolling because it's all natural
Doesn't break me out
Soothes redness

CONS:
Feels like oil on your face (duh)
It is oil squeezed from an animal (yuck)

Worth it? Definitely! I've tried every oil possible and this is definitely the best!

Update: Still awesome, I just forgot to say the brand I use is Emu gold and it works great, don't know if there are better ones for cheaper, but definitely don't buy anything more expensive than this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Bitefly

Worst thing I could have done was to use emu oil on my face. I ended up with the worst acne that has left scars that I'll never get rid of unless I laser. I could only suggest sparing use on your face. I still think it would be excellent for eczema and psoriasis.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LoveTheShinyAisle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've used this in the past then went off and tried many other things but have since gone back for two reasons one its completely natural and second it doesn't break me out but provides excellent moisturizing . As i have combination/sensitive/cant make its mind up skin I use this oil as my winter moisturizer and only at night. I love love love this and will be using it for many years to come =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Completely healed a scar I had on my face--completely! I used it in conjuction with Nivea Cream, which has worked in the past on any nicks or cuts.

It took about a week and two days. There is minimal to no discolouration.
(Edit i have other healed scars on my face which this didn't help so perhaps it only helps with immediate use not old scars)
I also use it in the gym as my one do-it-all product--after the showers, it's great to smooth down hair, use as a face moisturizer, and on any dry patches. The brand is Kalaya and scent-less, odourless. Also it is useful for my baby's hair! Absorbs quickly and leaves his hair shiny with defined curls that don't frizz! Excellent product. Monoi oil is perhaps more versatile and overall better but this one healed my SCAR (bad waxer), so it gets an A+...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Call me a hypocrite but I just can't bring myself to use oil made from the ground up fatty tissues of an emu. I grew up with emus (in Australia here) and I can't bare to use it.
Then again I am a vegetarian and when possible use cruelty free and non-animal products.

I did use this once pre vegetarianism and it smells like meat. Horrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I haven't been using this product long enough to give a full review on it but I was so excited I had to share. I ordered a 2oz bottle of Pure Emu Oil from amazon for about $9 (which is a fantastic deal for the purity) and It's sold by a company called Koru Naturals. I have a lot of red spots left over from horrible acne most of my life. I washed my face with my ponds cold cream and then washed my face again because I wanted to make sure the oil was the only thing on my face. Rubbed about 3 drops on my hands and patted it all over my face and neck and called it a night. Woke up in the morning and there was no redness whatsoever or oilyness. I was only originally going to be using it at night but decided to try it out under my makeup since it wasn't nearly as oily as I thought. It is a MIRACLE! Kept my oily face at bay all day but wasn't dry. Just perfection. Didn't even use a primer and my skin was smooth looking. I'll update this later when I start seeing more results but so far it's true love.